Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which dr would you want to sort out that pesky volcano?

Options
  • 19-04-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

whocano

Given a choice, which one would want to be in the lil blue box trying to sort it out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Well, the 10th Doctor has previous experience, but then from what I can remember it didn't go too well?

So, I'd probably go with the 9th Doctor. Still undecided about the 11th!

J.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

4th.

Even the sonic screwdriver won't get him out of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

1st..he'd glower it into submission!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I think John Pertwee already dealt with a volcano of sorts in the story Inferno. I watched it on TG4 a few years ago and was a strange story with parallel worlds, in one of which the Brigadier and Liz Shaw were aggressive army officers in a fascist version of the UK. This was her last story too, and I rather liked her as a companion.

A drilling machine was trying to tap the earth's core for energy, followed by meltdown. On the parallel world, the Doctor was unable to stop it, leading to the destruction of that world and the death of the parallel versions of the companions and others in the story, so maybe he wouldn't be much use here either. He did, naturally, save the day in the other world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

A team of 5 and 10. They made a supernova and black hole at the same time to cancel each other out, so they could chuck a glacier into the volcano and all would be well and good :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I think John Pertwee already dealt with a volcano of sorts in the story Inferno. I watched it on TG4 a few years ago and was a strange story with parallel worlds, in one of which the Brigadier and Liz Shaw were aggressive army officers in a fascist version of the UK.
    I was going to mention that but thought it too nerdy :) The opening title, where they show the episode name, showed a lava/magma flow.
    This was her last story too, and I rather liked her as a companion.
    Yeah me too. I read somewhere that she wasn't popular (I think with Pertwee who had a similar issue with Sarah Jane) because she was, intellectually, too close to the Doctor's level. He couldn't be outshined. That's one of the reasons I did like her - she wasn't a screaming moron like the female companions before her.

For what it's worth, the spin-off books detailed her leaving (which was never dealt with on screen - she just vanished) and eventually killed her off nastily. Not as nasty as Dodo's death however which was mean but deserved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

I think John Pertwee already dealt with a volcano of sorts in the story Inferno. I watched it on TG4 a few years ago and was a strange story with parallel worlds, in one of which the Brigadier and Liz Shaw were aggressive army officers in a fascist version of the UK. This was her last story too, and I rather liked her as a companion.

A drilling machine was trying to tap the earth's core for energy, followed by meltdown. On the parallel world, the Doctor was unable to stop it, leading to the destruction of that world and the death of the parallel versions of the companions and others in the story, so maybe he wouldn't be much use here either. He did, naturally, save the day in the other world.

yeah that didnt really work out well for him, the DVD has some really good extras BTW.

the 5th Doctor also had some volcanic experiance - Planet of Fire was filmed on Lanzerote for authenticity/allowing John Nathan Turner a holiday (delete as appropriate :D)

you could also throw the 6th Doctor adventures The Twin Dilemma and Timelash into the Volcano - if they dont clog it up and cause it to puke itself to death nothing will.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Dunno about doctor but Karen Coleman could be the companion. She can persuade the doctor to fly over the volcano in the Tardis and dump loads of water on it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ixoy wrote: »
    I was going to mention that but thought it too nerdy :)

*Nods sadly* It is never too nerdy here. You are among friends.

Well, not too sure about that Master guy, but otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Well, not too sure about that Master guy, but otherwise.

there is a man in the local village who is the spit of antnony ainely, he even has the beard.

im worried about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

there is a man in the local village who is the spit of antnony ainely, he even has the beard..
    What is his name? Mr Magister? Tremas? Mr Restam? Mr Arstem?

Advertisement