Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Bill pay or not to Bill pay

Options
  • 19-04-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Im currently on Meteor pay as you go, spending about €30 and have free Meteor calls and text.

I need a new phone so looking for options.
    Use about 200 mins calls (including meteor)
    but Im texting way more than that, plus the Meteor texts dont show up on the information page, probably looking at about 500+ texts.

So here is the question,
    If I bill pay, I get a better phone for 0, and pay €30pm, I get 200 mins calls so thats fine, but only 200 texts. If I want another 150 text I have to pay 7.50, but that still leaves me short.

If I stay pay as you go then I have to fork out for the phone €150.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

I am with Meteor bill pay and get the 200 mins and 200 texts for €20 if you sign 18mth contract. You can also download cabbage to your phone- see thread on here. This allows you to use your free 300 online texts so that would 200 mins and 500 txts for €20 a month.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

OP, as luckycharm said just download and use Cabbage. I'm with o2 prepay and cabbage saves me a lot of cash so it would be same with Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Schrodingercat

Three give you flexi units instead of a set number of minutes so 1 unit is either a minute on the phone, or 3 texts, or 1mb download(I think).

Their phones are pretty rubbish at the moment, but they are meant to be getting some new ones in the next few weeks. They have the iphone, but its not advertised yet. Its only offered to customers at the end of their contract until they get more stock as far as I can see.

Advertisement