Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homevision Sales Calls

Options
  • 19-04-2010 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

Greetings everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me with the following issues -

My home phone is being plagued by a Call Centre in India trying to flog me "Homevision" products.

I've no interest in any of their products and have told the people calling as much.

And yet every Friday... they call and they call and they call until someone answers the phone. No matter how irate I get on the phone they just won't feck off.

I've asked my phone supplier to remove our number from the national register, but I'm still receiving the calls.

How does one go about having these people go away once and for all?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

simple.
    Answer the phone and leave it answered until they hang up.
    Repeat if they call again, and eventually they will make a note not to call you. A bit draconian, but, if as is usual, the number is not displayed it will be difficult to get them barred from calling you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Answer the phone and leave it answered until they hang up.

Aye... I have been plotting a few informal measures.

I totally b*llocked the last guy that called... I mean I've told them countless times I'm not interested... and as irate as I got with him he kept coming back "But Mr. B, I can save you money".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Answer the phone, put it down and walk away. Don't interact at all.

Cheers folks.

Just informed the other half that the plan is to answer and ignore.

I wonder would they appreciate some "Slayer" or "Daniel O'Donnell" whilst they're holding?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

Anybody see the episode of phone-jacker where they had one of these callers ring in and they placed a Dictaphone beside the microphone of the phone playing one half of a fake conversation, saying things like 'please tell me more' and 'can you explain that in more detail' etc.

LMFAO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Answer the phone and *uck them out of it,. they'll soon blacklist you :)

Likely what I';d do anyway...

Answer the phone and *uck them out of it,. they'll soon blacklist you

Last Friday...

Moi to Delboy - "Do you record these calls?"

Delboy to Moi - "Yes, all calls are recorded"

Moi to Delboy - "Good, make sure and have this played back to your manager"

Then I kicked off -

"I <pause> AM <pause> NOT <pause> INTERESTED <pause> IN <pause> ANY <pause> OF <pause> YOUR <pause> PRODUCTS <pause>"

"PLEASE <pause> DO <pause> NOT <pause> CALL <pause> ME <pause> AGAIN"

So what does Delboy say to that - "But Mr.B, we are here to save you money, I can help you save your cash"

I hung up then... I realised that this fella was as thick as sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Answer. Ask them can they hold for a minute. Walk away. come back in about ten minutes and if they are still there, ask them can they hold for a minute. Give it another then minutes. Continue on doing this.

I got one guy to stay on for 2 hours before. He was pretty frustrated towards the end.

But its a valid tactic to get rid of them. If you keep them on the line, you are hitting their only costs. Wages and call charges. The longer they are on without a sale the more it costs them. Eventually you will be blacklisted by them.

I know... it's a brilliant tactic... to-date my urge to b*llock the phuckers has gotten the better of me.

I'd actually kinda enjoy doing my best to pizz them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

I know someone who likes to start questioning them. When they say "we can save you money" he starts with "why would I want to do that? I've loads of money" etc.... eventually they take note that he's not all with it (intentionally. He gets quite a kick out of this) and don't bother calling back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you keep them on the line, you are hitting their only costs. Wages and call charges. The longer they are on without a sale the more it costs them. Eventually you will be blacklisted by them.

This is a key point. These poor feckers are working in call centres and have to meet sales targets and other metrics. If you can throw them off, then they'll cut you out of their lists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If you have a toddler, I would be sure they would get great amusement from talking to the nice Indian fella, Think of him as a free baby sitter ;)

Advertisement