Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Stencilcrete

• 19-04-2010 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi
    ive just had stencil crete done in my garden but its covered in white patches. and looks terrible. it looked fine before the sealer went on it but the next morning it was covered in white patches. Does anyone know what could have caused this and how to fix it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

audsharpo wrote: »
    Hi
    ive just had stencil crete done in my garden but its covered in white patches. and looks terrible. it looked fine before the sealer went on it but the next morning it was covered in white patches. Does anyone know what could have caused this and how to fix it.

It must have been wet or damp. That is moisture coming up under the sealer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

withot seeing it i would guess its this

http://www.ibstock.com/pdfs/technical-support/TIS-02-Efflorescence.pdf

i know this is brickwork but it happens to concrete. i would not worry too much about it as if you driving on it it will wear off pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 5 audsharpo

*Derek* wrote: »
    It must have been wet or damp. That is moisture coming up under the sealer..

derek,
    will another coat of sealer fix this

i thought it might be that or salt coming through but i scrubed a patch with water and that didnt shift it so i guessed then it wasnt salt. it doesnt wipe off at all.

Matron, its not that, have that on my garden walls and its just like powder it rubs off. plus its my back garden so not as much traffic as front

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

audsharpo wrote: »
    derek,
    will another coat of sealer fix this

No, it will be still under sealer. The right process is to remove sealer with xylene and start over. What i suggest you could try is powerwash the surface and let it dry thoroughly. Then seal it. Might work.

Advertisement