Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Installer in Ballina, Mayo

Options
  • 19-04-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I need someone to install a satellite at my house in Ballina, Co. Mayo - I don't need sky, I have free to air satellite receiver box that cost 60 euro and the dish costs about 40 - I do not wish to be fleeced either. Does anyone know of any honest, decent guys around the area who would do a good job and not rip me off?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

damojag wrote: »
    I need someone to install a satellite at my house in Ballina, Co. Mayo - I don't need sky, I have free-view box that cost 60 euro and the dish costs about 40 - I do not wish to be fleeced either. Does anyone know of any honest, decent guys around the area who would do a good job and not rip me off?

A free-view box wont work with a satellite dish maybe you are geting mixed up with a Free to air receiver. but any how have you tried here http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/mayo/satellite_dish.html

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭damojag

scaller wrote: »
    A free-view box wont work with a satellite dish maybe you are geting mixed up with a Free to air receiver. but any how have you tried here http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/mayo/satellite_dish.html

Thanks for that - I did check the actually golden pages in the house but I wanted to go by word of mouth. Maybe it's not a free-view box I have - it's a NorthStar Digital Satellite Receiver or so it says on the box!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

damojag wrote: »
    Thanks for that - I did check the actually golden pages in the house but I wanted to go by word of mouth. Maybe it's not a free-view box I have - it's a NorthStar Digital Satellite Receiver or so it says on the box!

What you have is a free to air satellite receiver.

Excellent! Post amended!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Well ill be honest with you most satellite installers will be dubious in installing gear they have not sold. Also installation will be as much if not more than you paid for the gear yourself.

Have you any DIY skills, if so why dont you give it a go.

Im sure there are stickys here on how do do it?

• Advertisement

Yeah but the only thing I have never drilled into just happens to be an exterior wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭garrycann78

I will do it for you if you want. I have put other dishes including my own up to 80cm with motors.

Hey Gerry - got it sorted - don't need to put up a dish yet but how much do you charge? And what's the deal with Sky?

Advertisement