Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to submit to Google

Options
  • 19-04-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I need some advice,

I'm launching a new site this week, do I submit it to Google first and then add an xml sitemap to Google webmaster tools...or is it the other way around?

I'm just trying to figure out the timeframe.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

personally I create a sitemap on the server and then submit that through Webmaster tools. Is you site large? does it have dynamic pages?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Thanks for getting back to me.

The site is only around 20 pages, its basically all static content, we will be updating it a few times a month with different offers (its a hotel site).

My plan was to create a sitemap on the server and then submit that through Webmaster tools...just as you say, but do I need to submit the site for inclusion in Google beforehand?

Thanks

Anybody Know?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

If you use g-mail you can sign into Google webmaster tools. I think you should create the sitemap first on your server. Google will ask you to verify your site. This is easily done by adding a piece of code that google give you in to your page before the end of the heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Use that to sign in to Webmaster Tools (WT)
    In (WT) - firstly verify your site with google - follow those instructions.
    Once verified, get a site map (plenty of places on the web to get it done free)
    Submit that sitemap to google
    then check back in a few hours to see whats the status
    in the meantime - i'd also apply for an analytic acount and get that code on your page.
    Try and get a few links to your site going

C

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭WebGeek

I'd create the sitemap then submit to Google. But it isn't that big a deal which way you do it as google will index it anyway when submitted. Also it is a small site, so should be no problems there.

Thanks very much man, really appreciate the help.

Advertisement