Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't tune really tried, recommend electronic tuner

• 19-04-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I am just starting out to learn to play acoustic guitar, tried tuner by ear and by hearing the tune on the net(on line tuning), I seen these electronic tuner that you attached to guitar and it moves by itself to tune, I know later I will be able do it by ear just I do need something, please recommend a good make thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

Any tuner will do as long as it has a little built in mic in it, most do. You should get one that's chromatic. It would be written on the box, that way you can try alternate tunings if you want later on. After you get a bit more used to playing you will be able to tune it by ear, you just need to develop your hearing a little first.
    Also no normal tuners tune the guitar by itself, all it does is tell you what note the string is and you play the string and turn the tuner yourself. You might be thinking of one that attaches to the headstock, that doesn't actually tune the guitar by itself though.

Advertisement