Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Construction Register Ltd" & "Guarantee Protection Insurance Ltd"

Options
  • 19-04-2010 3:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to buy a house from a liquidator at the moment and the structural insurance that's been presented to me is provided by Construction Register Ltd. The development was originally covered by HomeBond, however we're told that HomeBond tried to raise their prices when approached for the certs by the liquidator, and the liquidator decided to go elsewhere rather than fight it.

Is anyone familiar with Construction Register Ltd? How do their policies compare to HomeBond?

Also, I haven't read the policy in detail yet, but I have noticed excesses of €1k on all claims, is this normal practice?

Thanks,
    adam

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The policy is underwritten by Scottish company Guarantee Protection Insurance Ltd, another nonentity as far as I can see. The policy also excludes renders and pyrites. Is there any point in getting het up about this, given the apparent disinterest Homebond and Premier have in paying out?

Does anyone have a Homebond or Premier policy I could compare against perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

well if pyrite isnt covered whats the point ? assuming this is a newish build (last 10 years or so) this is the biggest and most likely issue you could have.

personally speaking id be steering well clear of this house if I were you

Advertisement