Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with my boards account

Options
  • 19-04-2010 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi

For the past week or so everytime i log into boards the main landing page is all white with a totallt different layout than what i am used to.

Also when i goto new posts the layout is completly changed.

There is alot of content and the layout is simply disgusting to use and not user friendly.

I cannot subscribe to a thread as easy as before, i have to goto advanced where there are lots of tags and html commands etc.

Just wondering if its just me.

I have tried using different browsers etc.

Havent seen any comments or alerts regarding this.

Is it just me.

I hate this new layout.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nope, we havent changed anything, certainly nothing that drastic.

Whats the address you are going to up top... I have a bad feeling it might be the mobile skin as you describe it.

Bottom left of this page is a drop down box of styles.... scroll down and see what style it says you are on... other then that, not sure whats going on.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

steps_3314 wrote: »
    Hi

For the past week or so everytime i log into boards the main landing page is all white with a totallt different layout than what i am used to.

Also when i goto new posts the layout is completly changed.

There is alot of content and the layout is simply disgusting to use and not user friendly.

I cannot subscribe to a thread as easy as before, i have to goto advanced where there are lots of tags and html commands etc.

Just wondering if its just me.

I have tried using different browsers etc.

Havent seen any comments or alerts regarding this.

Is it just me.

I hate this new layout.

Can you post a screenshot of it?

I used to get a horrible white page with 1990's HTML when using torrents. It was because my box was not getting all of the data from boards.ie so it didn't render the page properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

[-0-] wrote: »
    Can you post a screenshot of it?

I used to get a horrible white page with 1990's HTML when using torrents. It was because my box was not getting all of the data from boards.ie so it didn't render the page properly.

The skin is set to white and i cannot change it back to classic.

When i select classic the page will not refresh even after hitting F5.

How can i attach a file

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

How can i attach a file

I should also point out the content is also messed up with html messages everywhere when i am not logged in.

There is no button next to the attach files section also.

Something seriously wrong with this lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Have you switched to beta by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I should also point out the content is also messed up with html messages everywhere when i am not logged in.

There is no button next to the attach files section also.

Something seriously wrong with this lads

I know this is little consolation to you, but if there is it's not at our end. I've just switched back and forward between white and classic a few times without any problems. The Manage Attachments button is there as well for me. I've had display issues in the past, but clearing my cache has always sorted them out. Have you tried that yet?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

How can i attach a file
    Hey, go to http://imageshack.us/ to upload the screenshot and post the url here

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement