Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Franck Ribery and Sidney Govou in prostitute scandal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Grubby stuff but I'm not going to trash them utterly given neither of them probably had any reason to believe any girls there was a minor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Kick em out of the World Cup I say!

Let the Oirish in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

/awaits 'grass on the pitch' joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What alternative has poor Franck got other than paid sex in fairness?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

If there's grass on the pitch play ball.

Thanks for the reminder Xavi!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

stovelid wrote: »
    What alternative has poor Franck got other than paid sex in fairness?

He's married and hasn't done too bad for himself all things considered :pac:

w020060713332024002308.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

looking forward to hearing chants from opposition supporters about this too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its fairly grubby stuff alrite ,

It seems that papers are just waiting to pounce and try and ruin people's lives.

I hear today that there is another huge JT going to break just before the world cup which will be the end of him .

Although he deserves what he gets for how he has carried on, why would they wait to break the story just before the world cup ? Are they trying to sabotage there chance's or just looking to set up a scapegoat if things go wrong ?

Terry has been at the heart of the problems for Chelsea this season , he has fecked up non stop since this scandal broke and Saturday was another prime example , Tuesday night we were lucky against Bolton again with Mr Terry in the spotlight.

The story about Ashley Cole wanting to leave , IMO its time to be saying to Terry , thanks for the memories but dont let the door hit you on the way out . He has been way too much of destructive force towards the club this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Its fairly grubby stuff alrite ,

It seems that papers are just waiting to pounce and try and ruin people's lives.

I hear today that there is another huge JT going to break just before the world cup which will be the end of him .

Although he deserves what he gets for how he has carried on, why would they wait to break the story just before the world cup ? Are they trying to sabotage there chance's or just looking to set up a scapegoat if things go wrong ?

Terry has been at the heart of the problems for Chelsea this season , he has fecked up non stop since this scandal broke and Saturday was another prime example , Tuesday night we were lucky against Bolton again with Mr Terry in the spotlight.

The story about Ashley Cole wanting to leave , IMO its time to be saying to Terry , thanks for the memories but dont let the door hit you on the way out . He has been way too much of destructive force towards the club this season.
    there is always a JT story 'about to break'.

Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I cant see the French winning the WC but any stories that can disrupt harmony in the run to a WC will be very bad for the team and the country.

Will be interesting to watch how it develops. As been mentioned, there always seems to be something going around about JT so thats nothing shocking.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sydney Govou is one of France's most famous players? Wishful thinking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

they are being summoned as witnesses. the telegraph is just trying to sell papers. witness /= guilty party... yeah i know that much should be obvious but 90% of people here are pretty slow when it comes to really reading what the media has to say

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Isn't really much of a story really.. In footballing terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Meh. Boring.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Interesting :

If it was Terry , Rooney , Gerrard, Fabregas would it not be boring ?

Jazzy wrote: »
    they are being summoned as witnesses. the telegraph is just trying to sell papers. witness /= guilty party... yeah i know that much should be obvious but 90% of people here are pretty slow when it comes to really reading what the media has to say

I was going to post that, but then I read anotehr article where Ribéry admits to sleeping with an prostitute but not knowing her age. Is this really the kind of story that football fans really care about though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Interesting :

If it was Terry , Rooney , Gerrard, Fabregas would it not be boring ?

You're surprised that people have more interest in players from the league they watch most closely?:confused:

flahavaj wrote: »
    You're surprised that people have more interest in players from the league they watch most closely?:confused:

No not really ,

You look at the moral outrage over the Terry debacle and this is potentially a much worse situation and people seem to close there eyes because the players are not in the league that they follow .

Plus there is a good chance that Ribery may be in the EPL in the near future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

No not really ,

You look at the moral outrage over the Terry debacle and this is potentially a much worse situation and people seem to close there eyes because the players are not in the league that they follow .

Plus there is a good chance that Ribery may be in the EPL in the near future

Chelsea fan, yeah?;)

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Chelsea fan, yeah?;)

You know I am as you post in the forum quite regularly :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Degag wrote: »
    Kick em out of the World Cup I say!

Let the Oirish in!
    Or if youre a united fan, go to high court, and kick Bayern out of Champions league ;)

Or if youre a united fan, go to high court, and kick Bayern out of Champions league ;)

what?

nope, cant find a point to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Raekwon wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he did my garden a few years back.

what?

nope, cant find a point to this
    Last resort for Fergie. Ribery playing for Munich and all.

Last resort for Fergie. Ribery playing for Munich and all.

oh, so it was a sh1tty barb against man utd fans on a thread that has nothing to do with them, their club or in fact any player associated with them at all.

nice fukin work

oh, so it was a sh1tty barb against man utd fans on a thread that has nothing to do with them, their club or in fact any player associated with them at all.

nice fukin work
    Was half joking. Too soon maybe. My apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Was half joking. Too soon maybe. My apologies.

It's ok, i'm a united fan and i loled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I hope ribery gets crabs:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Police took Ribery into questioning but he said he didn't want to answer questions, and would talk to them in a few weeks. A few weeks passed, and the police even gave him a pen for his birthday to make him sign a statement, but he said he would wait until the trial is over before deciding on giving a statement.

(someone might get that joke)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Police took Ribery into questioning but he said he didn't want to answer questions, and would talk to them in a few weeks. A few weeks passed, and the police even gave him a pen for his birthday to make him sign a statement, but he said he would wait until the trial is over before deciding on giving a statement.

Well done Super-Intendent Rummenigge :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭manufan16

good one :D

Have you a source for this. Cant imagine it would work that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

no pics of the chics,dam,i'd say they were tops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thierry Henry, the former Arsenal star, was alleged to have handled the ball which set up a goal against Ireland which secured the draw France needed to go to South Africa, where the competition starts in June.

Did anyone else lol at how careful they were with that accusation while implying all the way through that Govou and Ribery are paedophiles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Have you a source for this. Cant imagine it would work that way

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Raekwon wrote: »

Only when you don't realise she used to be a plumber from Strasbourg called Thierry :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

am I missing something?

"Judge Yves Dando said he was speaking to Ribery and Govou solely as witnesses, but their involvement in a sex scandal will come at the worst possible time for France. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There's an update on this story in The Guardian. Apparently the girl in question was 17:
    French sex scandal deepens as two more players are named
    • Franck Ribéry 'admits to relationship with prostitute'
    • Karim Benzema and Hatem Ben Arfa say they are innocent

France's national football team was further drawn into the sex scandal involving Franck Ribéry yesterday after two more players' names were cited in connection with an investigation into underage prostitution.

Unnamed judicial sources told the French media that Karim Benzema, the Real Madrid forward, and Hatem Ben Arfa, a striker for Marseille, are expected to be questioned in coming days as "witnesses" in the inquiry.

The scandal engulfing Les Bleus, which began when Ribéry was questioned by police in connection with a prostitution ring, also deepened after judicial sources said the 27-year-old had admitted having sex with a 17-year-old prostitute but denied having known she was underage. In France it is illegal to buy sex from someone under 18.

The Bayern Munich forward's lawyer, Sophie Bottai, has insisted that, while the footballer did provide witness testimony to French investigators looking into a ring allegedly run out of a Paris nightclub, he was being heard simply as a witness and not as a suspect.

No charges were filed against him, said Bottai, and he was not held in police custody.

However, the rumours swirling around the team have not ceased since reports surfaced at the weekend that Ribéry and his fellow player Sidney Govou had been questioned by French investigators.

On 12 April police had searched the Zaman Café, a restaurant and nightclub on the Champs Elyseés, and arrested a dozen people, among them prostitutes and a man suspected of being their pimp.

Refusing to say whether or not his client had been questioned by police, Govou's lawyer, Thierry Braillard, said the 30-year-old had "never set foot" in the Zaman.

But the player's name has been cited repeatedly in connection with the investigation being led by the investigating judge André Dando. A judicial source said that, while his married team-mate Ribéry remained a witness in the affair, "it is up to the judge to decided whether to formally investigate him [Ribéry] or not".

In France, prostitution is legal but several activities surrounding it are against the law. If found guilty of paying an underage sex worker, a client could go to prison for three years and be fined up to €45,000 (£39,000).

Yesterday the two other players drawn into the scandal vehemently denied involvement in alleged activities at the Zaman, which has now been shut down. "It's absolutely not me," Ben Arfa told L'Equipe TV. Even if his client were summoned by the police tomorrow, added his lawyer, "that would change nothing".

Benzema's agent, Karim Djaziri, also spoke out in defence of his client. "Karim has not been questioned. He has nothing to do with this affair," he told LePost.fr.

As speculation mounted in Paris, the French football federation (FFF) issued a terse statement saying it was aware of the investigation and certain players' involvement "as mere witnesses". But it said it would "refrain from all comment" until the police had done their job.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/20/frank-ribery-sex-scandal-france

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/822872-zahia-dehar-breaks-silence-over-franck-ribery-prostitution-scandal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1267805/Franck-Riberys-underage-prostitute-Zahia-Dehar-breaks-silence.html

She says she lied about her age, and defends them.
    "It's like a whisp of cotton candy framing a paper cut...it's really, really nice. Sick? That's sick? What do you like?-- these coal miner women with pussies so big you find dead canaries in them?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I would.

Just sayin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i think what we're all losing sight of here is what a cracking rack that little minx has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Nice arse too. Christ what I wouldn't give to be a professional soccer player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

indeed, i'd give my right leg to be a professional soccer player.

I'm not sure prostitutes are all that bothered where you get your money from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

thing about soccer players is that some of them are, erm intellectually challenged should we say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I'm not sure prostitutes are all that bothered where you get your money from.

I dont have money for sex. Are you mad. I have to rely on charm and wit and and and other stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

In fairness I think we would all ride her no matter how illegal... Rape dosn't count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Be great if all 3 french players got crabs :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement