Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Sitter required for a rabbit

Options
  • 19-04-2010 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of a place that will mind rabbits? I was contacted over the weekend by someone looking to have their rabbit looked after for a couple of months.

I did some googling and looked through the listings on petsit.ie but can't seem to find anyone.

If you are interested please reply, PM me and I will pass on the details of the owner.

Thanks,
    Fergal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

What county are they in?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭fergalfrog

They didn't say but I will try to find out.

In any case they are going to America so I assume they would be flying out from Shannon or Dublin.

The owner is in Cork and is willing to travel around the Munster area.

Still haven't found anybody yet. In the whole of Ireland I can't find anywhere you can leave in a rabbit as you would with a dog/cat.

Is the rabbit indoors or outdoors and also when are they going? I live in Cork and could possibly take it if it was an outdoors rabbit, or could be kept in a cage in a shed during the night, and I could let it go into a run in the garden in the day. I have rabbits myself. I don't run boarding kennels or anything, but I have kept rabbits for 6 years and am just finished a Small Animal Care Fetac course, so know how to look after them.

That sounds very promising - I will PM you the owners details and hopefully you can work something out.

I am surprised there is nowhere that takes in pets like this. There are places that cater for horses and so I thought there would be places for rabbits and other smaller animals...

Thanks again and I will be in touch.

• Advertisement

I emailed her anyway, so I'll see. If it's an indoor only bunny and I can't take it then I might be able to put her in touch with some rabbit breeders in Munster that might be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

Hi
    Mod edit - pm rabbitandcavy for details

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sweetnjuicy

Hey,
    Im in cork city and wouldbe willing to take in an indoor rabbit if it would have a cage to sleep in etc, I have cats who are great with small animals as I have kept my friends gerbils before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I do rabbit (and guinea pig boarding) but maximum of three weeks at a time.
    So prob. wouldn't suit your friend.
    It's home boarding so they are treated as part of the family and are kept indoors at all times unless the owner would like them to have access to a secure outdoor run in fine weather.

Am based in North Tipperary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ymboge

Hi

Im looking for a rabbit sitter to look after my little male lop called Scruffy. He is nearly 2 years old and a great bunny. He has all in shots and is very friendly. He is an indoor rabbit but can also go outside in a garden and called back when needed. (Yes he comes when he is called!)

I live in South County Dublin near Blackrock so someone in the Dublin area would be great and who has experience in dealing with rabbits. :)

Thanks

• Advertisement

There was someone advertising based in Loughlinstown, check out the irishanimals.ie site kenneling page it might be still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

Hi Guineapig rescue

That's me !

I'm the pet sitter in Loughlinstown /Shankill and that poster found me and booked her rabbit in so many thanks for the pointer!

Eibhin

Hi Eibin,

I was the original poster of this thread - I get requests like this from time to time and so if you or other pet sitters are available for pet sitting/boarding please PM me.

(I have sent you a PM with details)

Thanks.

Hi Eibhin, lots of people up that end ask me about sitters can you pass me on some more details of your facilities etc. so I can pass the info. on to potential clients.

Hi Guinea Pig Rescue

I am based in Shankill/Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin, just off the M50 and I board small animals.

I also do home boarding for dogs - they sleep inside and are treated like one of my own.

I have PM'd you my details!

Many thanks
    Eibhin

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lubo13

Hi Eibhin,

you still boarding for small animals ??

I have two guinea pigs and as we are going on holidays, I`m looking for safe place for them. It would be from the 26th of July until the 6th of August.

Thanks

Hi Lubo
    Yes I am still doing boarding.
    I will PM you my details
    Thanks!
    Eibhin

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

I'm a small animal pet sitter in county Clare, I get people travelling quite a distance to bring their pets to me since there are very few small animal pet sitters around. I posted my website but it was edited out so if anyone would like to see it shoot me a PM :)

I've got quite a lot of experience with animals such as guinea pigs, rabbits and hamsters and have also done countless hours of research online. It would be great if everyone who does small animal boarding posts here. That way we can pass on each other's information to potential clients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cranmore12

Eibhin wrote: »
    Hi Lubo
    Yes I am still doing boarding.
    I will PM you my details
    Thanks!
    Eibhin

I would not trust this lady with any animals if you care for them at all, when I asked would mine be safe she simply said I was being too anxious shouldn't go on holidays and should find someone else. I am now stuck with going on holiday next week and having to look for something last minute even though working loads and don't have the time. All I did was ask would be safe as I am nervous leaving him first time. I have also heard very bad experiences of her minding animals with a colleague leaving her pet and coming back to find it dead with no notification.

Just be warned, if you care for your pet at all be very careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cranmore12

Eibhin wrote: »
    Hi Guinea Pig Rescue

I am based in Shankill/Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin, just off the M50 and I board small animals.

I also do home boarding for dogs - they sleep inside and are treated like one of my own.

I have PM'd you my details!

Many thanks
    Eibhin

As for dogs being treated as one of her own, when I visited they were barking like mad and the place was filthy looking inside.

• Advertisement

I am not even going to enter a discussion on this.

All I will say is that anyone is very welcome to come and see my set up any time at all, 7 days a week, morning, noon or night.

I can also provide phone numbers of vets and previous customers for any number of references.

I am always extremely mindful of owner's anxiety, especially when it's a first visit. I stay in touch with the owners when they are away if they want me to, by text. And above all, the animals are always safe. I have rabbits of my own too.

I have never had as much as a cross word with anyone and never had one complaint in all the time I have been caring for animals. Anyone who knows me, knows how I operate and what kind of person I am.

I still offered to take the above poster's rabbit, would not see her stuck and assured her he would be safe in the 10 x 5 foot steel galvanised run which she had seen when she came to visit, with no way in or out of it except through a bolted gate.

And lastly, there are 2 sides to every story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LRockter

Cranmore12 you have some cheek putting something like that up! putting someones business into jeopardy like that. Your whole message is absolute rubbish.
    Ive been bringing my 9year old rabbit to Eibhin since he was born and my sister has been bringing her 5year old Golden Retriever and we've never had one problem. The place is absolutley spotless, Eibhin is one of the nicest lady's i have ever met,she cares so much for the animals and she is completley professional. My rabbit is kept safe and healthy and i have no hesitations in leaving him there. Even the very first time i put him in with Eibhin i never had any doubt that he wouldnt be safe as the place was clean and homely and Eibhin was just so welcoming. The golden retriever gets feed properly,gets great walks and is given loads of attention,he doesnt even want to go home with my sister when she comes to collect him!!
    I recommend Eibhin to everyone and id trust her with my own life.

Cranmore12 you have absolutley no right to post something like that up here. Have some respect and before you post a load of bull about someone and their business up here,do your research properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rabbitgirl123

Fergalfrog----I am interested in minding this rabbit. I live in county cork and I have 4 years experience with rabbits. Please e mail me at sevi-x@hotmail.com if you are interested in me minding the rabbit. I do not have any cats or dogs so the rabbit would be safe. It does not matter if the rabbit is indoor or outdoor because both suits me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HappyPaws

Happy Paws Grooming in Daingean Offaly do pet sitting for all types of pets

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Timmi

I can also provide reference for Eibhin; she has taken excellent care of my rabbits in the past and I will not hesitate to use her services in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MichaelaF

Hi Eibhin,

am looking for someone to look after my 3 rabbits for a week, will u send me ur details if interested?

Thanks

M

Hi MichaelaF
    I have PM'd you my phone number and would be delighted to help you out!

Advertisement