Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Club ? - West Dublin/Kildare

• 19-04-2010 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

What's the most suitable club (in west dublin/leinster) to join for someone (i.e. me) who has recently purchased a sit-on kayak and wants to mostly do flat water kayaking along the lines of touring/or for sight-seeing leisure pursuits - evolving to a little light slow/river running and close-to-shore calm sea day-trips ?

I trained in a beginner kayak many years ago and have regularly used sit-on's/sit-in's abroad on wide slow flowing rivers (hence liking the sit-on style), but could do with refresher/etiquette instruction and advice on places to go/try (with some friends who are also just getting into the sport).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

I dont know of any clubs that do SOT trips, but there are several clubs in that area. check out the list on canoe.ie

I for one can strongly recommend Wild Water Kayak Club near Chapelizod in Dublin. It's an active club in nearly all disciplines and has regular recreational river trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭christramp

Hi,
    There arent many clubs that would go out in sit on tops. Try contacting the ICU @ www.canoe.ie I heard a rurmour they were starting courses for them this year.
    Cheers
    Chris
    kayakhut.com

Advertisement