Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sickness Fraud

Options
  • 19-04-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

A guys i know was in a very small accident and since then has spent most of his time off work. I know for a fact (dont want to give too much details) that he is exaggerating 90% of how bad he really is.
    What gets to me is he loves talking about how hes scaming everyone, i.e. how he's
    going take the insurance company so much money, how its brilliant having so much time off work etc

I dont think i would report him or anything but am i just being a bitter busybody who should mind thier own business. I guess im bitter because i work hard at my job, and this guy seems to get away with living the easy life, Anyone have experience dealing with this before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'd report him to the insurance company as long as I had specific evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ranting wrote: »
    What gets to me is he loves talking about how hes scaming everyone, i.e. how he's
    going take the insurance company so much money, how its brilliant having so much time off work etc
    Chill, relax, and have a laugh with him. Find out how he's scamming the insurance company. For example, if he told the insurance company that he couldn't run, but he really runs every day at the gym, let the insurance company know. Give them the usual days & times he's there, and let them see how "injured" he really is.

Then chill, relax, and have the last laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

the_syco wrote: »
    Chill, relax, and have a laugh with him. Find out how he's scamming the insurance company. For example, if he told the insurance company that he couldn't run, but he really runs every day at the gym, let the insurance company know. Give them the usual days & times he's there, and let them see how "injured" he really is.

Then chill, relax, and have the last laugh :D

hes smarter than that, i dont think id report him in case he figured out it was me.
    I know its anonymous but i dont know if he would be alerted somehow that there was a tip off. If he was im sure he would put 2 and 2 together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Report him. If you don't he may get away with it which means higher insurance for everyone else i.e. people who wouldn't think of acting like this and scamming work/insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Denimgirl

I think you are bwing bitter and twisted and yes I think you should mind your own business.I don;t condone what he's doing there is great risk in him getting caught anyway as insurance companies are wide to this now especially how things are at the moment they won;t give money out that easy.you should be thankful that you don't have to do that and ear an hinest living.wrong or right what that guys doing is his business and him telling you shows he trusts you and your getting jealous of what money he;s gonna get.these people get caught in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Denimgirl wrote: »
    I think you are bwing bitter and twisted and yes I think you should mind your own business.I don;t condone what he's doing there is great risk in him getting caught anyway as insurance companies are wide to this now especially how things are at the moment they won;t give money out that easy.you should be thankful that you don't have to do that and ear an hinest living.wrong or right what that guys doing is his business and him telling you shows he trusts you and your getting jealous of what money he;s gonna get.these people get caught in the end.

They get caught in the end because people like the OP report them.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

amcalester wrote: »
    They get caught in the end because people like the OP report them.

This, pretty much. Is it only you that he brags to about this, or does he tell his other colleagues aswell? If so, try and see if you can 'run into' him while you're in a group, lightly bring it up in conversation and then you can report him - if you're there with other people he doesn't know very well chances are he'll assume it's one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Denimgirl wrote: »
    You condoned him in the first sentence. Every male going for insurance pays through their nose because f**kers like him cause the rates to be hiked; we're covering his bill.

Advertisement