Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boots cold cream etc

• 19-04-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Has anyone used the Boots old fashioned range, and is it any good? I'm getting on in years (sigh...) and while not old enough for wrinkle creams yet, i need to step up my skin care routine a bit, but I am EXTREMELY strapped for cash, and I tried one of the moisturisers the other day and it seemed pretty good. I have very dry skin, with hardly any breakouts.

Cheers,

Zo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I don't know about Boots' own brand creams, but according to my mam the 'Nivea Q10' cream is good. Not sure how much it is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well I dont think I'm at the Q10 stage yet (or at least I hope not, I'm only turning 28!!!)

Thanks though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MichMich

It's better to prevent wrinkles than to wait til you have them to do something about it. I saw Q10 plus in Sam McCaulleys recently for alot less than it is in boots. It has SPF 15 as well which is essential if you want to take care of your skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

iv never used it but the olay range is really cheap and its brilliant! has an spf too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I've tried the olay stuff, actually and it seems quite oily for my skin, doesn't seem to absorb terribly well... I do need to look into a moisturiser with an spf though, that's a good point...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

The Boots Vitamin E body cream is absolutely lovely!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Nivea Q10 light is really god, it disappears immediately and after about 2 weeks you do see a difference.

I'm 30 and I wouldn't have bought it only I left my moisturizer at home, and it was 5.50 half price in Tesco.

I only started using moisturizer cause it keeps my foundation from drying out on a night out.

I have used Ponds cold cream before and it is soooo greasy, it's only good for taking off make up in my opinion.

Advertisement