Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackie Skellies closing

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭olewy

macmurchu wrote: »
    Was chatting my landlord (family friend) and he said one of his mates who owns a whole host of stuff in Dublin (pubs, cinemas etc) has taken it over and is to keep it open. No idea about the particulars of it though.

Macmurchu, you might well be right;
    JS Gstones staff are now '85% sure' that the club will remain open in the long term and will 'definitely be open until September at least'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dermo64

I wonder does this mean they're going to fix the jacuzzi?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Thats good news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Not surprising really - the 'hard sell' tactic wasn't working....

Photo 1 going into Tesco~:

817AC7FC529746C0B33948BFB87EDD9B.jpg

Photo 2 leaving Tesco 30mins later~:

3A8FA332B2F4472C9F290963BA2B6E79.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Oops, think somone is gonna be in trouble:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

dr ro wrote: »
    My membership was up for renewal at the end of march and i got several calls from them asking me to renew. I didn't as I had, of course, stopped using the gym about 6 months previous! But I wonder would I have been given my money back without having to ask twice.

Whatever you do, have your DD cancelled and membership cancelled from JS as soon as possible. they have a reputation for not giving back money and taking too much when you cancel at the best of times.
    Look them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AlannaMac

I'm confused. Is Jackie Skelly's still open? I was a member but then moved abroad for 18 months and now I'm home. I've tried Shoreline but I was very disappointed, the classes fill up so quick, th machines seem very cheap and slow, no atmosphere in the gym and the weight section is so bare , I felt very uncomfortable using their 1 bench.. guys queing for it behind me felt so rushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sandyo12

have been in shoreline myself there are four benches in weights area:D Atmosphere is great are you sure it was shoreline you were in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I would have to agree shorelines gym seems a bit cheaper with less and lower end equipment

New closing date, 31st august

• Advertisement

New closing date, 31st august
    Joking or for real? Confirmed with staff?

Confirmed

Thanks. Confirmed with staff & headoffice. Letters re closure posted to members on Friday and Monday of this week. Refunds to be processsed within 21days according to head office.

Got the letter from them yesterday, was thinking about quitting cos haven't used it in months...

Guess they just made the decision for me!!!

Advertisement