Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drambuie for sale?

Options
  • 19-04-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Alright lads, just found this section on boards!!!
    Love me whiskey i do!!!
    Just wondering where ya can buy Drambuie? Had it in a pub over in Galway last year and just got a hankerin' for it recently, tried a few off liscences and they said it didnt really sell well so they stopped stocking it!icon9.gif Seen it on a few sites but they want 40 quid pluss delivery whereas up North its about 22 sterling or 25 euro!!
    Any ideas?
    Oh, just on a tangent, where can i get some Black Grouse down here, never seen it in the republic!!! They have it up north for about 15 sterling!
    Cheers lads!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭Degag

I would try your local Tesco. Most of them have pretty extensive Off Licence Sections these days. It shouldn't be very difficult to find though as it's a relatively mainstream liquer.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭FlicFlak

Degag wrote: »
    I would try your local Tesco. Most of them have pretty extensive Off Licence Sections these days. It shouldn't be very difficult to find though as it's a relatively mainstream liquer.
    Tried them. Their off license here (in Athlone) is abit rubbish for whiskys. They have loads of wine though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭Degag

FlicFlak wrote: »
    Tried them. Their off license here (in Athlone) is abit rubbish for whiskys. They have loads of wine though!

Just to point out, you do know that it's not an actual whisky? It's a whisky based liquer. I would keep trying though, i'd be surprised if you couldn't find it.

EDIT// Also, when normal service resumes in that regard, if you know anyone flying or are doing so yourself, ask them to check the duty free in the airports. Positive they will have it there!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭FlicFlak

Oh yeah, i know, just a pain in the ass to write the full description! Time is money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

You should be able to get it at the Celtic Whsikey Shop. Or you could try Irish Mist or Celtic Crossing - different recipes, but along the same lines, I'm sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement