Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St. Finbarrs CC - Cork Summer League 2010

• 19-04-2010 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

"The Summer League will commmence on Thursday 29th April on the Monaghan Road, Cork City. Underage get going at 6.30pm and seniors at 7.00pm. Please see the Summer League page on the website for more info www.stfinbarrscc.com."

Above is the info from the website.

All are welcome, it is a great introduction to racing. The lap is short, so it is easy to get 'back on' if you are dropped.

Details:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/10144524

Comments

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Bring on the pain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Anzer123

i would love to come along to this! Do I have to be a member of the CC to take part?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

Anzer123 wrote: »
    i would love to come along to this! Do I have to be a member of the CC to take part?

No, it is open to everyone. Just pay the €3 sign on fee, to enter.

sweet, ill be there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Interesting, what kind of fitness level would be needed? have been off the bike for a while now

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    Interesting, what kind of fitness level would be needed? have been off the bike for a while now

Here is the data from the league race on July 30th last year;

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/10144524

I hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Cool, i might head down there during the week and give it a few laps see if i can match the pace. If im anyway close hopefully will participate in a few.

League is starting tomorrow night. Sign-on 6.45pm.

Just had a quick scout around the circuit there a while ago. The road is in much better condition than it was last year, it seems they've patched up all the holes. However, there appears to be some diesel/oil on the road in parts that could be a prob if it's wet.

• Advertisement

Just had a quick scout around the circuit there a while ago. The road is in much better condition than it was last year, it seems they've patched up all the holes. However, there appears to be some diesel/oil on the road in parts that could be a prob if it's wet.

Thanks.

Had great craic at this tonight! Lookin forward to next week!:D

Feckin punctures!!:mad::mad::mad:

Still I was happy to have even kept the bike upright after having a blow out whilst cornering in the middle of the bunch.

Great turn out last night for the first league race of 2010. It was great to see some new faces. Here are the results and data;

1. Stephen Barrett (Planet-X)
    2. Pat Ahern (St. Finbarrs CC)
    3. Michael Fitzgearld (The Edge CC)
    4. Edward Barry (Blarney CC)
    5. David O’Mahony (Blarney CC)
    6. John Twomey (St. Finbarrs CC)
    7. ?
    8. Colin Braham (St. Finbarrs CC)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/31668713

P.S. If you know who was 7th can you please PM me. Tks.

jdt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Good first taste of road racing last night. Thanks to the organizers, marshals, etc.

This was me with the slower, smaller group:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/31670418

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭kerryscoob

My son was there,some pace. He'll be back for more pain next week.

Thanks to all. Great event.

jdt101 wrote: »
    Great turn out last night for the first league race of 2010. It was great to see some new faces. Here are the results and data;

1. Stephen Barrett (Planet-X)
    2. Pat Ahern (St. Finbarrs CC)
    3. Michael Fitzgearld (The Edge CC)
    4. Edward Barry (Blarney CC)
    5. David O’Mahony (Blarney CC)
    6. John Twomey (St. Finbarrs CC)
    7. ?
    8. Colin Braham (St. Finbarrs CC)

jdt

Brendan O'Riordan (un-attached) was 7th.

Thank you to ajk24 for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

That seems like a savage pace, 41.2 km/hr for 44 mins on a tight course with plenty of turns. Did the whole group travel at that pace or are there other groups travelling a bit slower ?

Paul.

jdt

That seems like a savage pace, 41.2 km/hr for 44 mins on a tight course with plenty of turns. Did the whole group travel at that pace or are there other groups travelling a bit slower ?

Paul.

Hi Paul,

That was the pace for the main bunch. I cannot comment on slower groups, but there was a break of 4 out in front. The aim is to carry as much speed, as possible around the corners and then power out.

jdt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Thanks, actually just noticed there was an earlier post from Dubba showing a smaller group moving at 34.5km/hr average.

May try it tomorrow, suspect my level is somewhere between the 2 groups (averaged 35.9 km/hr yesterday eve for just under 23 mins in Cork Tri TT).

Presume a racing license is not needed, you can just show up.

P.
    Hi Paul,

That was the pace for the main bunch. I cannot comment on slower groups, but there was a break of 4 out in front. The aim is to carry as much speed, as possible around the corners and then power out.

jdt

• Advertisement

St Finbarrs CC Cork Summer League - Result May 6th

1. Fergus O’Connor (Fermoy CC)
    2. Russell Treacy (St Finbarrs CC)
    3. Michael O’Reilly (The Edge CC)
    4. Niall Brosnan (The Edge CC)
    5. Edward Barry (Blarney CC)
    6. Damien Barry (Blarney CC)
    7. Paul Christopher (Un-attached)
    8. John Murphy (Fermoy CC)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/32435418

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 flyboy1

41.8average its getting quicker !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Thanks, actually just noticed there was an earlier post from Dubba showing a smaller group moving at 34.5km/hr average.

May try it tomorrow, suspect my level is somewhere between the 2 groups (averaged 35.9 km/hr yesterday eve for just under 23 mins in Cork Tri TT).

Presume a racing license is not needed, you can just show up.

P.

If your racing down there you need to have a CI license if not your not covered by insurance.

The league race was cancelled this evening for safety reasons due to dangerous conditions.

The race will be on next Thursday May 20th at 6.55pm.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

The St. Finbarrs CC League is back on, but in Glounthane. We will be back to the Centre Park Rd. once the Marquee is finished.

Advertisement