Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

imagine Wimax Drogheda anyone got it ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 candywoman

We had wi max installed on the 24th of may, 3 days later I had it cancelled because the playstations would not connect to server, In june they took 160.00 euro out of my bank account but my bank got it retrieved and i cancelled dd mandate, now on the 17th july they requested yet another bill for 100.00 euro, they are looking for a total of 260.00 euro for 3 days services absolute joke, they have sent me a letter threating legal action, I have written to them and told them i have sought legal advise, I will take this legally if need to will let you s know how I get on STAY AWAY FROM THEM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Haven't had wimax in about 5 months. Had it for 3 hours and cancled it. Knew straight away it was muck. Today I get a bill demanding I pay for it since I cancled.

Complete scam and rip off. Never touch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hailshimmer

i had vf mobile internet and when i moved i had poor signal .. I called VF and spent 45 mins trouble shooting with the chap on the phone,, and instead of him saying that I had poor signal.. he blamed my computer and said it was my firewall.. so i went back to Eircom...thay gave me free phone line rental for 10 months so my internet is only €28 a month or so,, a bit dearer but good service and it's constant...so for me it's eircom all the way...

I was gonna go for Wiimax but all the posts on here.. made me run a mile from it..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 candywoman

i had vf mobile internet and when i moved i had poor signal .. I called VF and spent 45 mins trouble shooting with the chap on the phone,, and instead of him saying that I had poor signal.. he blamed my computer and said it was my firewall.. so i went back to Eircom...thay gave me free phone line rental for 10 months so my internet is only €28 a month or so,, a bit dearer but good service and it's constant...so for me it's eircom all the way...

I was gonna go for Wiimax but all the posts on here.. made me run a mile from it..

you got a good deal there with eircom were on a 3mb broadband with line rental and phone package costs bout 55 euro per month, we still have problems with speed in the evening, but i think we just have to put up with it = considering there are 2 playstations and 3 laptops all going at the same time, in my house, i cant expect miracles gonna check out the new generation broadband

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Well just as an update, my Wimax service seems fairly ok still (subject to change).

I have lost connection three times however (teething problems?) - one for a period of 40 minutes and two other times for an hour and half. As the phone is connected to it too, that means I lost that also so I had to ring the Wimax helpline via mobile.
    - Their helpline service is NOT available after 8pm and same time, not at the weekends by the way, so if you lose your connection in the night or weekend, your screwed till Monday or till it returns (in my case till a server was rebooted apparently).
    - I can confirm that you CANNOT download torrents during the day but can do so for some bizarre reason only for a short period of time after 12/1am in the morning till about 6/7am.

When it's working so far my speeds are fine. For the €45 I'm paying in total for the best full package, at least its better than Vodafone whom I would NEVER go near again.

I should mention that I'm keeping a log of everything Wimax related so if they wish to haul my ass to court, I will have times, dates and lengths of times to state my side of any case.

899436646.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

Biggins,
    can i ask what part of drog your getting these speeds in?

DYLF wrote: »
    Biggins,
    can i ask what part of drog your getting these speeds in?
    Will PM you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I got it the first day it started in Dundalk and was currently with irish broadband who were bought by imagine but i didn't cancel the account, i got the hub and went for the 7mb connection, straight away it gave me problems, specifically not been able to configure the hub via the web local page, then disconnecting me every 45 mins.

I had then done a speedtest and it said my connection was 2.3mb down and like 134kb/s up, so i rang and they told me to avail of the 7mb service you have to have a constant 4 bars lit up on the hub, i had 3 in my room so i moved it to back of house were it was actually facing the exchange, i then got 4 bars constant but speed never went over 4.5mb down still, i rang them again and told them about the speed test and how i was getting a ping loss of like 85%, they said don't take speed test sites literally, they're all wrong and directed me to do a ping test in command prompt, which had a loss of 20%.

He then hung up on me and i went and built my own little ping test tool to test it intermittent to 3 min slots and the ping results was erratic and i hooked up PS3 to the hub also and playing games was just..well completely useless, as it couldn't stay connected long enough.

I rang them back and they then decided to tell me they were having teething problems and i told them i didn't want it and cancelled my account, once i was in the 7 day grace they had to allow it and send for the hub all free. The support agent also told me the bizwave 4mb connection i had with irish broadband was better because it's 4mb down and 4mb up so who am i to disagree. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

It's good to here some 'real' advice like this. I was tempted to get it but had heard rumours that it wasn't what it was promised to be.

The ping rate in particular is very low so gaming is just out of the question, as is streaming and downloading large files. In fact unless all you want to do is log onto RTE to see what's on tv I wouldn't bother.

Has anyone got the 8mb eircom upgrade yet, I got a letter saying 2 months start of June. But I still get 3mb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I heard something about october, the eircom "ngb" advertisements, but i would imagine it depends on the county also, since it's fibre not dsl or adsl, it would be ongoing to put down the fibre, but it is way easier than others to lay, which is interesting as fibre can handle a lot more than 8mb, wonder why they are only starting at that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 david kieran

i have an external 7mb wimax connection, it was the worst thing i ever signed up for, 120ms ping maybe 3 mb if im lucky at half 4 in the morning and im told its contention ratio,i dont know much about these things but im sure half 4 in the morning probably wouldnt be the peak time,it worked at 7mb for the 1st week but hasnt crossed 3 since,im ringing complaining about it 4months now and i might aswel be talking to myself they are the most ignorant/stupid and bare faced liars ive ever come across in technical support,moving back to eircom which arent much better but atleast im paying for what im getting

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Joshua5

I heard that a local company are building their own highsite in Drogheda and delivering broadband for 20euro a month. Local customer service ust be ok, but i'm not sure when they're doing it. Think I was in the leader last month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 zen15

Hi i live in drogheda and have imagine wimax since march and have been so patientwith them re dropped signal , outages and even the costs of calling them on their 1890 no, on my mobile to report more faults seems to be about every 2 weeks their is something........
    so after no service sunday , constant stoppages sunday night , no service monday , no service tuesaday limited service tuesday night , none wednesday morning and only back online now .
    I called to cancel service , and got told I will have to pay disconnection fee and reconnection fee to eircom , so didnt accept that so a "manager" is going to call me ...
    Anybody else have issues with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Its in the T+C although I would threaten small claims court as clearly the service is not up to scratch. Be sure to note down all outages and let them know that you have full details of same.

From T+C
    Q. Is there a contract and what happens if I cancel?
    A. Yes, there is a 12 month contract and if you cancel during this time a cancellation fee of €100 applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

IANAL, but from what I've heard you could argue that they broke the contract first by not supplying what they'd been contracted to supply. I would suggest having a quick chat with a solicitor (if you have a friend who's one, for example) and see what they say.
    zen15 wrote: »
    Hi i live in drogheda and have imagine wimax since march and have been so patientwith them re dropped signal , outages and even the costs of calling them on their 1890 no, on my mobile to report more faults seems to be about every 2 weeks their is something........
    so after no service sunday , constant stoppages sunday night , no service monday , no service tuesaday limited service tuesday night , none wednesday morning and only back online now .
    I called to cancel service , and got told I will have to pay disconnection fee and reconnection fee to eircom , so didnt accept that so a "manager" is going to call me ...
    Anybody else have issues with them?
    Dingatron wrote: »
    Its in the T+C although I would threaten small claims court as clearly the service is not up to scratch. Be sure to note down all outages and let them know that you have full details of same.

From T+C
    Q. Is there a contract and what happens if I cancel?
    A. Yes, there is a 12 month contract and if you cancel during this time a cancellation fee of €100 applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thecons

It's brutal! I was an imagine customer for years with no probs. "upgraded" to Wiimax back it May and it's been trouble ever since. I'm not a bit internet user so I'm not too bothered if it's a bit on the slow side. What gets my blood boiling is the trouble with our phones! We had 3 phones for years no probs. 3 weeks into have Wiimax, only one phone works now, that's the one connected to the router. You can make calls from the other 2, they just dont ring if anyone's trying to call me. I have tried on numerous occassions, when I know there is no-one in my house, to ring my house phone. I'll get an automated message telling me there's someone on the phone, and to call back later! Hello???? Theres no-one home!!! Had a precious day off work today and spent 4 hours trying their "live chat" (what a joke) and phoning them. Spoke to 3 different tech support guys who told me 3 different things. I'm ringing back tomorrow (if I can get through to tech support) to tell them to take it away! Sorry for the rant, but I've had it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mammu

Hi!I tried to switch from vodafone to imagine,just a reason that imagine is a little cheaper.Now that was on June 2010.Now on september i received message that my imagine BB is activated,i checked speedtest.net and i still was with vodafone and I rang to Vodafone,they confirmed that I am with Vodafone.So i changed my mind with imagine and sent them letter that i want cancel BB with them with reason that i ordered it on June and now on september they say it is activated.Ive received letter that they received my letter and BB is cancelled,however,now i received bill and I should pay for using their BB on July,August,September and October.Here is a question,I never been with imagine,i did orded,they maybe activated it but for me too late anyway,ive cancelled and nothing seems work with them,I still should pay for something I never had.What I should do now?

How come no one has gone to papers about this yet??

zen15 wrote: »
    ...Anybody else have issues with them?
    I had to switch to them after Vodafone kept screwing up when they took over BT's Irish service.
    Needless to say, their speed is up and down like a yo-yo - mostly down! ...And I'm paying for their top package.

To see the speeds I'm getting, go to www.unitedpeople.ie and look to the right of the home page.
    (best viewed with IE7/8)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    How come no one has gone to papers about this yet??

why dont you go to the papers about it??

• Advertisement

DYLF wrote: »
    why dont you go to the papers about it??

Ive waaay too much to be doing for that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

qc3 wrote: »
    Anyone using it for online gaming, stay away.
    You also don't get great speeds when downloading.
    They have to open all ports,taking the firewall off to connect the ps3.
    If you use two ps3s like I do, your screwed.
    They cannot connect 2 ps3s to their server.
    Cancelled them yesterday after 4 days and was told, E100 cancellation fee.
    I told them to go jump, rang the sale rep and told him that they blamed him for telling me that i'd have no problem with the two ps3s.
    He was furious,said heads will roll.
    Back with Eircom now and kids happy to be playing online again.
    It doesn't do what it says on the tin..BEWARE

Update

After 2-3 months of getting bills of Imagine wanting E160, 50 set up + rental and 100 cancellation fee, They started sending debt collecting letters demanding thier money. I kept repeating that we did not get the service that we signed up for and was not paying the money.
    Finally fed up, I Emailed comreg and explained my case to them. A lady rang me and was quite nice explaining that they can't make judgements but can complain on my behalf.

Two weeks later and Imagine ring me.Was told that they had recieved a complaint from comreg over my bill.It was explained to me that our new revised bill was E00.00.What a relief.
    Don't just pay up if you think that you are right.
    Contact comreg first.
    www.askcomreg.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Got imagine in August, it didnt work, returned it within 7 days, was told I wouldnt be charged, charger €73, I am still waiting to get my money back after 5 phonecalls including making a formal complaint last Tuesday about their disgraceful customer service, the supervisor told me should would ring me back in 10 minutes, I'm still waiting...
    They are a company I would love to see close down, all the staff I spoke to have lied to me, comreg will be my next step.

indiewindy wrote: »
    Got imagine in August, it didnt work, returned it within 7 days, was told I wouldnt be charged, charger €73, I am still waiting to get my money back after 5 phonecalls including making a formal complaint last Tuesday about their disgraceful customer service, the supervisor told me should would ring me back in 10 minutes, I'm still waiting...
    They are a company I would love to see close down, all the staff I spoke to have lied to me, comreg will be my next step.

They are well worth a try. Imagine tried to take the payment from our bank in june.Luckily we were able to recall it and stop them getting access again.Best of luck with your problem.

candywoman wrote: »
    We had wi max installed on the 24th of may, 3 days later I had it cancelled because the playstations would not connect to server, In june they took 160.00 euro out of my bank account but my bank got it retrieved and i cancelled dd mandate, now on the 17th july they requested yet another bill for 100.00 euro, they are looking for a total of 260.00 euro for 3 days services absolute joke, they have sent me a letter threating legal action, I have written to them and told them i have sought legal advise, I will take this legally if need to will let you s know how I get on STAY AWAY FROM THEM

Just to let u know after all this time of my argues with wi max and refusing to pay a bill of 260.00 euro for 3 days service, I was still being sent bills up to this date my husband contacted OFCOM about our problems 2 weeks ago, they said they'd look into the matter 3 days later I received a call from wi max stating they had a complaint made on our behave was then told our bill was now zero thanks to OFCOM just goes to show that once someone steeped in on our behave they backed down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 zen15

hi all,
    just to update this thread on my situation with them , The manager finally called and agreed that they hadn't provided the service and were willing to release me from the cancellation fee and the reconnection fee to eircom ( another 25) ,so free from them i got vodafone ,
    Then on the 7/11/10 i got another bill from them for line rental !!!!!!
    called them again ususal crap from customer service , didn't know how it happened or why they connected my line without a request from me , anyway back to management and requested they erase my details from their company and never contact me again ,
    so bad they make Eircom look good

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Imagine as a company and the Wimax as a service are best avoided. It would take me the day to tell you about my dealings with this disaster of a company. The service is rubbish, their customer service is the pits, they are only interested in getting you signed up and getting the initial cash off you because they know it doesnt work.
    AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS, IF YOU GET THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL REGRET IT.

rafared wrote: »
    Imagine as a company and the Wimax as a service are best avoided. It would take me the day to tell you about my dealings with this disaster of a company. The service is rubbish, their customer service is the pits, they are only interested in getting you signed up and getting the initial cash off you because they know it doesnt work.
    AVOID THIS AT ALL COSTS, IF YOU GET THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL REGRET

I would be interested to hear why you have a problem.
    Post and shame them.

qc3 wrote: »
    I would be interested to hear why you have a problem.
    Post and shame them.

This should give you a hint towards others problems: http://unitedpeople.ie/buyer.html
    (see right side)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I live on the Dublin road and have perlico. It sucks. Any other BB reccomendtions? Wimax is a nogo

Advertisement