Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One for the men...

• 19-04-2010 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I also posted this over in Facial Hair & Hats, but I think this forum has a lot more traffic, mods feel free to delete if that's not allowed....

Ok, so I volunteer with a charity for people with intellectual disabilities, and we run a bunch of days out for the members. We have 2 days a year where we split the group into men and women, as a kind of celebrating thing- inspired by the internation womens day!

Anyway, this year we ran a cool day for women which involved a fashion consultant coming in, and then we had a fashion show. Now, we're getting the same lady in to talk to the guys, as she has a lot of male clients anyway, but rather than the fashion show we're hoping to do somethign a bit more manly for the men.

Ok, so there's the background, and what we were thinking was to get one of the male grooming places, that do razor shaves and all that to come in and maybe do a session with the men about how to shave really well, the importance of using certain things on your face, all that kind of stuff.

Basically does anyone in here know of a really good place that might be willing to do that kind of thing? We wouldn't be able to pay a HUGE amount, and tbh it'd be great if it could be for free (hey, we're a charity!) but we think it's important for the men to learn about how they can pamper themselves a little and take pride in their appearance just like the ladies!

Anyway, if anyone has anywhere they would recommend in general for wet shaves and that kind of thing in Dublin, let me know, cos like I said, I have NO clue!!

Cheers,

Zo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

The Grafton Barber is a company that caters for men, and they have a few stores around Dublin... could be worth giving them a call? They do shaving and everything there, the site is graftonbarbers.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

zoegh wrote: »
    Ok, so there's the background, and what we were thinking was to get one of the male grooming places, that do razor shaves and all that to come in and maybe do a session with the men about how to shave really well, the importance of using certain things on your face, all that kind of stuff.
    Like what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks for all the replies guys!

When I said 'things on your face' I mean like moisturisers, aftershave balms, that kind of thing. Getting washes that soften bristles, I don't know, since I don't have a beard or the possibility to grow one, but the guys we work with tend to live in houses that are supported by all female staff, so wouldn't neccesarily have this kind of knowledge, you know?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I shave.
    I don't use moisturiser. Aftershave balm? WTF!
    I use shaving gel and a razor. And water. My face is fine for it.
    Occasionally, I'll use some aftershave purely because I'm given loads of it and it tends to build up.
    As for shaving, most women shave and while the parts shaven may be different the process is much the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Charlie.

kbannon wrote: »
    I shave.
    Occasionally, I'll use some aftershave purely because I'm given loads of it and it tends to build up.
    As for shaving, most women shave and while the parts shaven may be different the process is much the same.

That's great for you but some people suffer ingrown hairs, dry skin ect. after shaving which can be really irratating!

Sorry I can't be of any assistance OP but it sounds like a great idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I shave.

Grrrrrrrrr aren't you the man ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I shave.
    Its a bit of fun for charity. No need to suck the life out of it...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Keep on topic please. If you wish to discuss shaving techniques, take it to Facial Hair and Hats http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1103

Advertisement