Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams!! how are ye set?

Options
  • 19-04-2010 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey Everyone,

As the weather isn't as great its that bit easier to study!

So what course are ye doing and how are ye set for the exams?

:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

I'm doin 1st year Joint Honours. I'm getting no study done this week as I have plenty of assignments to do first. Luckily enough I have week 1 of the exams off so essentially I'll have two study weeks so I'll knuckle down then. That's my story anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

eh....

I'd say I'll be at my usual cramming-entire-modules-into-twelve-hours craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

As bad as the 7am starts are up here; this is something I won't miss.

G luck to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Oh_no%21.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

1st year Joint Honours!Not a tap done but confident ill get through them all bit dodgy on Public Admin doh:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Wow- there's lots of first year BA Joint Honors on here; yet we never seem to bump into each other on campus...

I haven't been to class since Election week...oh dear... as long as my QCA is 2.0 and I get into second year - 'tis all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

Oh sh*t, oh sh*t, oh sh*t

I am absolutly bolloxed for the exams. Second Year applied physics is apperently the hardest year of our course and I have spent far too much time doing nothing this semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

entropic wrote: »
    Oh sh*t, oh sh*t, oh sh*t

I am absolutly bolloxed for the exams. Second Year applied physics is apperently the hardest year of our course and I have spent far too much time doing nothing this semester.
    Replace applied physics with compter games development and you have my situation :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

First year Business absouloutley retarded.Why havent i been to lectures ?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

MiciG91 wrote: »
    First year Business absouloutley retarded.Why havent i been to lectures ?

Just make sure you use crayons and stay inside the lines in the exams and you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

I am gonezies, went to lectures this week for some tips and what not and they all say, if you've been to lectures you'll be fine. What about the other option?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

What are these things called exams you people speak of??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 paperplanes1988

Could anyone, by any stroke of luck, be able to shed some light on Management Accounting 2 for me?! I missed the last tutorial and have little or no idea on what to be studying for exam questions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

First time doing exam based questions since the Leaving Cert.

Feck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

considering these are my last set of exams you would think id be hitting the books more. eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

well im fairly confident
    nah just kidding, up sh1t creek without a paddle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I'm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday then the NEXT Friday. Boo. I wish I could swap the Tuesday and Friday exams because Tuesday is the worst but I suppose I'll be glad when it's all over!! :)
    Silly Inorganic Chemistry.
    But I won't complain :rolleyes:
    There are people in my class who've missed 6 weeks of college if not more. And Labs. Missing labs is a sin!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nagoh

Last ever set of exams in Computer Systems.

The Study Hoodie is out after 4 months in retirement.

It's Go Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

5 years in UL, and I've never procrastinated as much as I have for these exams.

Its the end of Week 13 and I havent even looked at my notes, I barely know which exam is first!!

Luckily I dont have any exams until week 15, but still, I ought to be doing something other than watching whatever sport is on the tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

oh Lord............ I'm gonna pray that there is a God!!

• Advertisement

39 slides from a guest lecture, and 2 brief mentions of something which is guaranteed to be on the exam! FFS :mad:

How am I supposed to fecking understand it, if he doesnt even provide a definition of the topic!!! :mad:

I really shouldnt have procrastinated all of last week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tweety_bird

business stats first thing in the morning :(

anyone know what time the main building is open during the week??? Im going to be out early tomorrow and wednesday morning

business stats first thing in the morning :(

anyone know what time the main building is open during the week??? Im going to be out early tomorrow and wednesday morning

I share your pain, sistah :(

I thought it was at 12.30 though :confused:

2nd year BBS, right? Or is there another Business Stats course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tweety_bird

I share your pain, sistah :(

I thought it was at 12.30 though :confused:

2nd year BBS, right? Or is there another Business Stats course?

yeah its 12.30 tomorrow i just gotta be out early for meetings!

Oh, ok, phew! You scared me for a second there :o

Good luck tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

24 hours until I start and still no luck finding a pattern in past exam papers. Guess I will have to learn the material.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

1st one was this morning - was brilliantly.

Now a whole week til my 2nd one. 3 next week - tue, fri and sat. Id kinda prefer to have another one or two this week and get them done with quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Had my first this morning, was grand. Could've used an extra half an hour though!

My next is on Friday, I've gotta make myself do something for it today...bleh.

Sweet jebus, I nearly shat my heart out this morning :o

I had Branding this morning at 9, but since I had a 12.30 exam yesterday, I guess I got it into my head that the exam today was at 9.30.

Anyway. I arrived at the Red Raisins at about 8.20, and did some last minute study. I noticed a few people in my class across from me doing the same.

They all started heading away at about 20 to and quarter to, and I was there thinking "Jayney, they're all heading in early :confused:"

At that point, I just thought "feck it, I'll just head up and loiter outside the room for a few minutes before I sign in."
    So I headed up, and noticed a few people were already in the rooms, signed in and everything, and then it dawned on me "FECK!! IT'S AT 9!!"
    At this point it was about 8.50, but it really shook me up :o

I also ballsed up the timing in the exam, only got 2 out of 3 essays done. :(
    Ah well, nothing I can do about it now...except CHECK MY BLOODY TIMETABLE PROPERLY!!

• Advertisement

I hate Managing International Business Growth,
    I detest Internationalising New Ventures, and
    I am slowly beginning to like Small Business Economics!

Good god thats horrible!! It should be in reverse order!

Next week cant come soon enough, and bring on the 17th!!

Advertisement