Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams!! how are ye set?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Sweet jebus, I nearly shat my heart out this morning :o

Incidents like this really screw people up for exams. Remaining calm and collected is half the battle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Agreed, if stuff like this (getting time wrong, etc) happens you just have to take a few deep breaths and not let it throw you. I remember first semester of 4th year, had a law exam in the PESS, and didn't realise I didn't have my ID card until I was outside with about 5 minutes to go til it started! And law exams are the kind where you need every second! Had to peg it up to the SAA, nearly died!! Another friend of mine forgot a calculator for an engineering exam. Had to run home to College Court, then forgot his key so had to kick his bedroom door in!!

Mossin, I'm the same as you. 5 years here and never have I been so unmotivated. I keep looking at stuff about the FE1s since I'm going straight into study for them once exams are over. You'd think I'd concentrate on getting the Masters exams first but no...! Disaster.

I hate exams where you have to do three essay type questions. Especially for law. Why can't we just do three essays?! I have three good answers here in front of me for my Saturday exam but with 40 mins a question and 13pgs of writing in each of my 3 answers, its just impossible to give in the exam the same standard as is actually in the essay I'm learning. No time!! Grrr....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Didnt want to start a new thread so il ask here... When are the results out for these exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Didnt want to start a new thread so il ask here... When are the results out for these exams?

21st of June.
    I'm going to be at the arse end of the recovery period of a wisdom tooth extraction, so I hope I'm not in too much of a state :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

1st exam today at 4pm...I'm really not looking forward to it at all [not that I enjoy any exams], I just hate this module.

Over 10 topics, 3 questions, and have to answer 2 in essay format. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Sources For History today @ 4...haven't a clue what to expect as there is only one question and all we have done this semester is learn how to use the internet for sources!ugh hate ridiculous modules!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyMoose

Sources For History today @ 4...haven't a clue what to expect as there is only one question and all we have done this semester is learn how to use the internet for sources!ugh hate ridiculous modules!

Ugh I have that as well, there is nothing to study for it like?! didn't go to it much for the whole year cos it was a waste of time, all he said about the exam is that if you went to lectures you'll do fine, nice. Gonna be some stupid ass question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I'd expect it to be something about comparing the old paradigm of history with the new one. Or something.
    Just name drop a load of historians.

It's gonna be broad either way. I'm not too worried. It's the Augustan Lit one that has me panicking.

Mindkiller wrote: »
    I'd expect it to be something about comparing the old paradigm of history with the new one. Or something.
    Just name drop a load of historians.

It's gonna be broad either way. I'm not too worried. It's the Augustan Lit one that has me panicking.

Is this the first year Module your on about?!...because what u have just said old paradigm with new is ridiculous!..and what is Augustan lit?

The Augustan Literature module is an English one. About Swift and Pope and whatnot.

The new and old paradigms of history are just fancy buzz-words for the different ways historians 'do' history now as opposed to 50-100 years ago. Eg. There is more of an emphasis on the history of common people now, whereas it used to always be about conquerers and great men.

• Advertisement

I'm so screwed for Augustan Lit, I have no notes and no idea :( Man I hate being in this pickle, I'll never learn!!

Yeah it will definitely be something broad and hopefully something easy that I can bullsh*t cos I do not know the names of many historians or anything like that!! :confused:

haha currently talking to a few on facebook and they havent a clue what to do for history either!Ridiculous exam and id say people will be leaving it fairly early...im just doing bias objectivity etc..hope i can put them in somewhere.

Haha that's exactly what I'm doing too! Just no point even trying for stuff to study, I may as well try study for the test tomorrow instead. Yep bias and objectivity, I love them, bringing me back to the LC days

I'm not looking forward to that Augustan lit. Don't have enough done yet for an exam question.

I didn't listen to any Bach either, so I'm obviously doomed.

End of second week of exams tomorrow, and I'm only sitting my second exam then. Its also fecking economics which I really dislike!

Then I've to cram an entire module into 2.5 days, and I dont finish until Monday evening as my last exam is at 4pm!

Somebody somewhere doesnt want me to have a summer holiday! :(

p.s. congrats to all who have finished already, especially 4th years and postgrads!

I've kind of hit the studying wall now.

It took me about 4 hours to study 2 topic yesterday, and about 2 hours for me to go over an article and study 1 topic today.

I really enjoy Consumption and Consumer Culture, but I am kind of freaked out about the idea of sitting down to an exam for it :(

I just want the next 48 hours to be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

2 down 2 to go.

1st went brilliantly, 2nd went grand too. Tomorrows should be grand but saturdays public finance is gonna be a pain in my hole. I have done nothing really for it. So from 2.30 + tomorrow itl be crunch time.

I've kind of hit the studying wall now.

It took me about 4 hours to study 2 topic yesterday, and about 2 hours for me to go over an article and study 1 topic today.

I really enjoy Consumption and Consumer Culture, but I am kind of freaked out about the idea of sitting down to an exam for it :(

I just want the next 48 hours to be over.

Is that module with M.P.? If so, dont fret too much, its not that bad iirc, but I agree there is loads to try remember for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Physics exam in 15 hours.......nuff said

Mossin wrote: »
    Is that module with M.P.? If so, dont fret too much, its not that bad iirc, but I agree there is loads to try remember for it!

ML.

I think it's just me psyching myself out at this point :(
    I just really want to get it over with. I hate when the exams are spaced out like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Procastinating just isn't the same in here anymore.

God be with the days when these threads would hit 10 pages. Before the exams started. :(

/old man rambling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

cson wrote: »
    Procastinating just isn't the same in here anymore.

God be with the days when these threads would hit 10 pages. Before the exams started. :(

/old man rambling

Sure we have face book to procrastinate on now, we dont need boards anymore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

law exam wednesday, people leaving after an hour, one of them told me he had all 3 qs done afterwards
    how the F***K

contract law left and then its the end of 1st year:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭entropic

5 Down 1 to go :D

The hardest one is just finished thank f*** it was an absolute balls but now it can be forgotten about.

Now to go and learn about thermodynamics (*goes to stare at the sun for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

FINISHED!

NO MORE EXAMS!

AAAAAAH!!! FINISHED!!!!

And I knocked 7 types of shyte out of Consumption and Consumer Culture, and then pissed in its sink :D

I may have celebrated my second last exam a bit much last Friday, and I'm regretting it today, as I've been trying to cram an entire module into my head since 3pm, and its not going very well.

For once I am happy that I have a 4pm exam.
    Nevermind that its the last timeslot on the last day, I need the time! :(

But then its no more lectures for me!! 5 years here shall be nearly complete! :)

T minus 14 hours 37 minutes

Advertisement