Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

xbox issue

• 19-04-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭

so my xbox could be screwed

turned it on this evening, started playing Bioshock 2

after about a minute, the screen stops, with no sound. controller doesnt work, neither does the central button on the controller, the one for the menu.
    have to press in power to turn it off

machine reboots no problem, but same thing happens again but this time screen looks all broken

restarted again, this time put in fifa 10. goes to the main screen, loads a game, im making some changes and the screen goes again
    a pic of what it looks like is below

P1020785.jpg

both of these games are saved to the HD

so started playing a demo instead, fifa world cup.
    gets a good bit through it, happens again
    looked at the front of it, only one of the 4 quadrant lights are on. if you are looking at it standing on its edge, its the top left.
    worked fine last night, havent even had any freezing issues up to this

anyone any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Delete them from the hd ,re-install, clean out your xbox as in there might be dust.Hopefully your xbox isnt screwed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Thats the way mines has gone too. I just downloaded the lastest update and the Fifa World Cup demo on Saturday and then yesterday it started to do that

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

That looks very like video card overheating to me, Ie burning out :( Does it happen on the my xbox screens aswell or just in game? If it happens on all screens I'd say its video card, just basing this on the fact that artifacts like that usually mean overheated video card on pcs

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

yoyo wrote: »
    That looks very like video card overheating to me, Ie burning out :( Does it happen on the my xbox screens aswell or just in game? If it happens on all screens I'd say its video card, just basing this on the fact that artifacts like that usually mean overheated video card on pcs

Nick

Yea i was watching a video when it happened to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 user18

Your Xbox will probably red ring soon. Mine started acting weird like that, and then a couple weeks later it finally red ringed. Thankfully the three year extended warranty still applied to mine. It would do weird stuff like that and then I wanted to watch a movie and put the disc in and it just powered off and red ringed. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

yep so it is now RROD

when i log onto xbox.com it says my warranty has expired. I had it repaired around 2 years ago.

do they not extend the warranty by 3 years after you get it repaired?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

event wrote: »
    yep so it is now RROD

when i log onto xbox.com it says my warranty has expired. I had it repaired around 2 years ago.

do they not extend the warranty by 3 years after you get it repaired?

Wouldn't have thought so, that would make it an unlimited warranty then

Advertisement