Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R7 client & R10 server update (this wednesday)

Options
  • 19-04-2010 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/04/19/r7-client-and-r10-server-changelog.aspx
    Our current plan is to do final tests on the update and servers tonight and all being well we will look to release R7 client and R10 servers on Wednesday morning European time. While you wait for the release here are the details of the changelists for both the new client and server versions.

In the mean time here is the R7 client changelist.

o MP – New Server browser
    o MP – Added 15 second spawn timer for Conquest/Rush gamemodes at the start of round to prevent high end machines getting the upper hand before other machines load in.

o MP – Crash fixes relating to ALT+TAB at different times throughout the game
    o MP – Hang fix when trying to connect to a full server multiple times
    o MP – Deletion of soldiers now possible through the account pages in game
    o MP – Removed screen flash during loading
    o MP – Added support for colour blind players
    o MP – Fixed crashes relating to faulty server banners
    o MP – Servers closing during connection no longer cause the client to hang
    o MP – Auto team swap reflects correctly in the scoreboard
    o MP – Fixed scoreboards when switching teams before spawning
    o MP – Rush scoreboards fixed
    o MP – Veteran ranks no longer display as “12”
    o MP – Isla Innocentes MCOM building fixed where knifing the fence would destroy the building
    o MP – Logout/Login button correctly reflects the player status
    o MP – Added minimum number of players needed to start a round
    o MP – Isla Inocentes welcome message on the loading screen now fits the text box area
    o MP – Reduced the brightness in Russian vehicles
    o MP – Medic gadgets now display correctly if the defib is not unlocked
    o MP – Server filter options are remembered
    o MP – Punkbuster filter now works as intended
    o MP – Scroll bar no longer overlays the Join Server button in the friends list panel
    o MP – CANCEL server refresh is implemented
    o MP – Zooming in on a friendly using the SAIGA no longer causes the crosshair to disappear
    o MP – The chat no longer displays the incorrect player name when appearing
    o MP – FoV switches to the default value of 55 when entering vehicles to prevent graphical glitches caused by wider FoV settings. The custom FoV returns when exiting vehicles.
    o MP – FoV no longer causes the UAV station to rotate
    o MP – Fix to correctly display the unlock progression at the end of round
    o MP – Chat functionality will no longer freeze after writing a partial message at the end of round
    o MP – One account can no longer connect to the same server multiple times
    o MP – Squad Death Match is correctly named during loading
    o MP – Server browser no longer gets a bad FPS when filtering Conquest
    o MP – Server info banners correctly clear between displays
    o MP – Setting display settings which the system hardware can not handle no longer makes the game unusable
    o MP – Correct camera collision for vehicles' heavy machine gun
    o MP – Game no longer crashes if the player sends a message in the loading screen
    o MP – Trying to join a full server no longer causes the game to hang on Please Wait message
    o MP – Most server filter options are remembered it doesn't remember the setting in dropdowns
    o MP – Kit/gadget loadout saved between sessions
    o SP – Fixed crashes when patching and trying to resume a campaign (there is now a message that you need to re-play the latest mission from the beginning)
    o SP – Fixed a crash after the “Upriver” mission end cinematic
    o SP – Supply create at “Resupply at Flynn’s create” objective now supplies weapon ammo
    o SP – Hang fix when reaching the objective “Destroy Enemy Zu23”
    o SP – Fixed hang after “Storm Cockpit” objective
    o SP – Changed melee attack raycast to be detailed
    o SP – Game no longer crashes when transitioning between SP_03B to SP_04A when installed in Polish
    o SP – Game no longer crashes when killed by the first two enemies in the trenches on SP_01 when installed in Italian
    o SP – Updating to R7 will invalidate your single player save game. If you update you will need to play your last mission from the start. If you do not update you will not be able to play multiplayer.

Here is the R10 Server changelist

o Punkbuster is required ON for ranked servers
    o Ranked servers cannot be started with a password
    o Autobalance message goes to text-chat instead of in the middle of the screen
    o Added weapon balance tweaks to a number of weapons – we are eagerly awaiting feedback!

We aren't going to tell you what weapon balance tweaks we have done, we want your unbiased views on the changes before we detail what has changed. You can discuss the changelist over on the official BFBC2 PC forums here: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...0-servers.html

Sounds pretty sweet, new browser, 15 second spawn timer at the beginning of the round.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Krieg wrote: »
    o MP – Added 15 second spawn timer for Conquest/Rush gamemodes at the start of round to prevent high end machines getting the upper hand before other machines load in.

Damn it, what's the point in my i7 965 and twin GTX 480's if not to have an unfair advantage over the peasants.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

LOL...I doubt yo have twin FERMI cards in anyway...not that you aint got the dosh but more like availability....hehe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    LOL...I doubt yo have twin FERMI cards in anyway...not that you aint got the dosh but more like availability....hehe.

Sadly true, they'll be here Thursday or Friday.

You serious...you got 2x480's....keep a fire blanket handy mate. And buy a pair of LEAD Y FRONTS, coz the heat of one of them near your nutsack and u INFERTILE M8.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Spear wrote: »
    Sadly true, they'll be here Thursday or Friday.

Thats great, now you wont have to spend as much on central heating!

Anyway some interesting fixes in there
    o SP – Fixed crashes when patching and trying to resume a campaign (there is now a message that you need to re-play the latest mission from the beginning)

Now I know why my SP campaign crashes every time I try to load my save point, still havent got around to finishing it.
    o MP – Kit/gadget loadout saved between sessions

I wonder does this mean we don't have to use the weapon select macro anymore?
    o Added weapon balance tweaks to a number of weapons – we are eagerly awaiting feedback!

Looking forward to this as I dont use the Carl Gustav, M60, Neo 2000, 40mm GL weapons anymore.

I wish they had fixed the issue with points not being awarded to you after your dead and waiting to respawn. It can get so annoying especially if you have assists, heal points, objective destroy etc etc

• Advertisement

Weapon balance....it now takes two NOOBs to fire a CG at infantry.....LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Spear wrote: »
    Damn it, what's the point in my i7 965 and twin GTX 480's if not to have an unfair advantage over the peasants.

Trsut me man - it doesn't seem like much of an advantage :D:D:D

You could be running on Blue Gene and I'd still get your tags!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Added 15 second spawn timer for Conquest/Rush gamemodes at the start of round to prevent high end machines getting the upper hand before other machines load in.
    Cool

Isla Innocentes MCOM building fixed where knifing the fence would destroy the building
    About time

Reduced the brightness in Russian vehicles
    Thank f**k

Fixed crashes when patching and trying to resume a campaign (there is now a message that you need to re-play the latest mission from the beginning)
    Yippee... may continue the single player game

=-=

Hope they've increased the range of the C4 :D and left the Thompson alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 FJFF

I wish they had fixed the issue with points not being awarded to you after your dead and waiting to respawn. It can get so annoying especially if you have assists, heal points, objective destroy etc etc

Think baza mentioned that they'll change the points after death thing in the next patch in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Update just kicked in

• Advertisement

Is there an official list of what the weapon balances are?

Is there an official list of what the weapon balances are?

I think if you go back to the very first post, and read the update list again, you will find that they explicitly state that they will NOT be posting the weapon balances, but are awaiting feedback first...

Ah right, thought they might release it now that the patch is live :(

So far...

40mm - Nerfed, far less dmg (no more one hit kills)
    mg36 - accuracy increased
    Tracer dart - massive speed increase

Nothing about m60 or CG, think they may have been spared.
    Server in-stability and lag has increased with the patch

So far...

40mm - Nerfed, far less dmg (no more one hit kills)
    mg36 - accuracy increased
    Tracer dart - massive speed increase

Nothing about m60 or CG, think they may have been spared.
    Server in-stability and lag has increased with the patch

So they nerf the 40mm, for no reason. It was fine as it was (should be the same power as a hand grenade maybe) but leave the 2 biggest n00b fest weapons alone?? Madness.

MG36 needed an improvement, it was crap. And good news for the dart I suppose.

Bloody hell I can't get over the M60 & CG though.... idiots..

Wow, not good.
    Lag has definitly gotten worse, especially when trying to respawn
    Expect another patch soon, depending on dice/ea being arsed.

m95 nerfed as well apparently, I don't know why :confused:
    CG and m60 seem exactly the same, so i dont think they were touched.
    Tracer dart is insane, its the same speed as a bullet, heli's are gonna be fecked now. in fact I was using it on snipers across the map with success, though that was quite fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Bloody hell I can't get over the M60 & CG though.... idiots..

indeed cant believe they left them untouched and I was looking forward to playing the game again but alas thats a game killer for me, its no fun up against squads of medics and CG wielding ar5eholes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Here is the offical update. Taken from the battlefield xbox360 thread on boards.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/04/21/ch-ch-ch-changes.aspx

Way too many silly changes if you ask me.

They're just going to make all the guns behave the same. Stupid.

And no mention of the CG??

That means all those M60 whores will now be Engi instead, great...

Why do so much changing to the LMG's? Seems a bit crazy.

Looks like they did sort the major things out
    Decreased the base damage of the M60 and XM8 LMGs to bring them in line with the other LMG damage values
    Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.

I also thought these were interesting
    Increased the damage of the MP412 over long range to balance its low rate of fire.
    Increased the benefit from the Medkit Heal+ specialization to make it more desirable as a Specialization.
    Reduced the explosive damage from Attack Helicopter cannons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Does anyone know what 'SA' at the end of guns now means? From what i can see, they're just camo'd.

Does anyone know what 'SA' at the end of guns now means? From what i can see, they're just camo'd.

It reflects the DLC camo sets.

Good old EA/DICE never learn from any previous games or updates. Hamper the players who try to play the game and leave the mongo's to MONG around the servers....LMAO.

STUPID:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Good old EA/DICE never learn from any previous games or updates. Hamper the players who try to play the game and leave the mongo's to MONG around the servers....LMAO.

STUPID:confused:

Your tears are delicious. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was playing crash free for a while, and then suddenly it starts crashing again. White screen, CTD's, "kicked from game", etc, etc, etc. FFS.

F**king patch :mad:

I actually find the tracer dart buff the only negative change.
    I havent seen a heli last more than 30 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Seems much more laggy and getting less FPS.

I actually find the tracer dart buff the only negative change.
    I havent seen a heli last more than 30 seconds

Yeah its a bit mad, I shot down about 4 choppers after tagging them on the Atacama Desert map tonight. Even tanks arent lasting too long.

The fecked up a few things though.

Knife is gone weird. You dont get that satisfyiong 'crunch' much anymore, I wasn't even facing a guy earlier and got the knife kill :confused::confused:

M60 has been totally nerfed. Its still powerful, but aiming with it is terrible now.

MG36 has become my weapon of choice, great accuracy, but takes a few hit - brilliant at range with the red dot scope.

40mm are very weak now, you just about have to hit the soldier in the chest to get a kill - hitting a wall beside someone still works however.

IMO they should have just left the weapons the way they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Lag has definitly gotten worse, especially when trying to respawn

Those who are experiencing stutters or temporary freezing while trying to spawn in BFBC2... the fix is to disable AVG Resident Shield.
    Worked for me.

Advertisement