Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earplugs - Where do you get yours?

Options
  • 19-04-2010 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

I had a grand pair of speedo swimmers earplugs up until a couple of weeks ago when I took off my hood and one of them popped out and into the sea, never to be heard of again.

They did the job for €6 or there abouts but now I'll need a pair for the summer. Any ideas? What do ye use?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Emelio

eh, sports shop that sell swim gear presumably

Let me know result, I two need a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bigsurf.ie

Hi Kodute,

If you want the best, look no further: http://www.surfplugs.co.uk/
    Contact Rob there...very knowledgeable chap.
    You'll need to get an impression of your ear done at a "hearing aid shop" (sorry, can't remember the correct name), send to him, and for about £70 you have the best.

Read the stories on the website above...surfers ear is a major risk to all us cold water surfers.

Some use the cheap yellow plugs, e.g typical of those used in workplaces, and dispose of after each session.

Some use silicone, that you can mould to your ear, and you can buy at a chemist.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Pearse
    www.bigsurf.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Have seen people use blue tack - I were a helmet most of the time so don't bother - if you have a hood one don't think you'd need plugs the hood should stop the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

@bigsurf, cheers for the link, £70 is pricey though! I suppose they won't fall out easily.

The hood doesn't stop all the flushing. I'd still get flushed a couple of times a session with it on.
    I can't wear the hood over the summer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

kodute wrote: »
    @bigsurf, cheers for the link, £70 is pricey though! I suppose they won't fall out easily.

The hood doesn't stop all the flushing. I'd still get flushed a couple of times a session with it on.
    I can't wear the hood over the summer either.

It's the cold wind and water dry off that chills your ears and causes the groth. If you are worried about surfers ear - get a helmet it will keep the wind, sun and cold off as well as protecting your head from unfriendly rocks and board. It'd also cost about the same as custom ear plugs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement