Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one pupil bigger.

Options
  • 19-04-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

my cat was running around the house like a mad man (a regular occurrence)..anyway, he came back to relax in the living room and one of his pupils is bigger than the other - it was not like that 15minutes ago!
    both pupils are reactive and he seems in fine form...
    it's literally happened this minute, should we just keep an eye (no pun intended), has anyone else ever seen this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I don't really know, but I know that when they go mad running around their pupils often get bigger, so maybe it was just something to do with that. I know with my mad cat, when his pupils suddenly got bigger, you knew to stop playing with him or he'd hurt you!

Hopefully someone else can let you know if it sounds like anything to worry about or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

thanks so much, it's actually settled now and both pupils seem to be the same size again! don't know what he could have done - ran into a door or wall most likely!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dublin_Muttley_

Usually when there is one pupil bigger than the other it indicates trauma to the head. I hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Not meaning to scare you, but once i found a stray and she had one pupil bigger than the other, when i brought her to the vet they didn't even notice it, a couple of days later she started having fits and when i brought her back to the vet they just gave her some muscle relaxant and kept her for observation, it turned out she had a brain lesion and unfortunately she died over night.

I really hope its nothing but keep an eye on her!

Advertisement