Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Rabbit found - Collins avenue

• 19-04-2010 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi

If anyone has lost or knows someone who has lost a white rabbit with
    brown patches, I have found one in my back garden in collins avenue.

He has been wandering around between my house and neighboring houses
    since saturday april 17th.

PM for my number.

Thanks.
    [IMG][/img]IMG_0053.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_0052.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_0051.jpg[/IMG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

It might be worth getting wlr to mention it.

Some poor child is probably missing it.

Whatever you do keep it away from cable, tv and phone cable, when I worked for BT plenty of rabbit owners would report their phone cable been eaten through by the rabbit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Sorry about how big the pics are.

Ringing WLR since half 6 no answer.

Rang Waterford Animal Welfare who are going to try come out in the morning.

I will call WRL again in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Looks more like dinner to me than a pet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Put a notice up in your front garden, it's surely someone who lives close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

dayshah wrote: »
    Looks more like dinner to me than a pet.

You could have that nice bit of salad from the second picture for a started too....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

If you're keeping him overnight can you put him somewhere warm (no, not in the oven, before someone suggests it!)? It's cold out there! Oh, and try him with a carrot.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lets cut out the pathetic jokes about eating the animal. Its someones pet and I can first hand say that a pet rabbit can be just as close as a pet dog to an owner. There amazing creatures.

Hope the owner is found. Look after it if you can dude, until the owner is located.

I texted a woman I know in Collins Avenue so she's going to ask neighbours and other parents at the school gate tomorrow.

It might be worth contacting the montessori (Ruth White) in the morning and she can mention it to all the children and their parents.

Sully wrote: »
    Lets cut out the pathetic jokes about eating the animal. Its someones pet and I can first hand say that a pet rabbit can be just as close as a pet dog to an owner. There amazing creatures.

Hope the owner is found. Look after it if you can dude, until the owner is located.

Hmm, if you can point out a rabbit that will chase the rats and mice away I'll give it some consideration as a pet.

Well, I called WLR and no one has reported it missing yet. I rang the animal welfare and they are coming out today at some stage. I cant keep it cos I have a dog.

The animal welfare will keep it until its rehomed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Jesus when i saw the title of the thread I thought it said 'Pat Rabbitte found in Collins Avenue', still chucklin away to myself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hmm, if you can point out a rabbit that will chase the rats and mice away I'll give it some consideration as a pet.

Find me a budgie that does this as well...oh wait people consider those pets too,

You know people eat dogs too right?, as such by your logic its not a pet :)

Cabaal wrote: »
    Find me a budgie that does this as well...oh wait people consider those pets too,

You know people eat dogs too right?, as such by your logic its not a pet :)
    To be honest I don't like the idea of keeping a bird in a cage, it should be free to roam.

As far as I'm concerned the animals work for us.

So if you have a dog or cat, you feed it, and it guards the house or chases mice. Fair deal.

If you have a rabbit, budgie, rat, gerbil, etc then you serve the animal.
    You are the bunny's slave.

OK, so maybe you get some affection from the animal, but why not get a dog or cat that gives affection, and also pulls its weight?

To be honest I don't like the idea of keeping a bird in a cage, it should be free to roam.

As far as I'm concerned the animals work for us.

So if you have a dog or cat, you feed it, and it guards the house or chases mice. Fair deal.

If you have a rabbit, budgie, rat, gerbil, etc then you serve the animal.
    You are the bunny's slave.

OK, so maybe you get some affection from the animal, but why not get a dog or cat that gives affection, and also pulls its weight?

Or a hen, it will repay you in eggs and manure plus it helps keep slugs and other pests out of your vegetable beds not forgetting the entertainment factor.

deisemum wrote: »
    Or a hen, it will repay you in eggs and manure plus it helps keep slugs and other pests out of your vegetable beds not forgetting the entertainment factor.

I wonder how big a garden you'd need for a pet sheep. Its nice and fluffy (keep the children happy) and can give wool and feta cheese. Not much hope of chasing rats though.

I haven't often seen rabbit on the menu in Ireland, which I think is strange as they are about the only thing people can still hunt. In Italy its fairly common.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Right well since this isn't the Animal & Pets forum, can we keep the topic to simply re-locating the rabbit, without the "What you can get animal X to do".

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Hope this story will have a happy ending anyway. Fair play to OP for taking the time to look after it and trying to sort something out. First time I've ever heard of a pet rabbit taking a wander! Strange how nobody has claimed him/her yet!

Asmodean wrote: »
    Hope this story will have a happy ending anyway. Fair play to OP for taking the time to look after it and trying to sort something out. First time I've ever heard of a pet rabbit taking a wander! Strange how nobody has claimed him/her yet!

What if it was abandoned? Will it just be put down?

Rabbit is now with the WSPCA beside the Marion chipper up by Mercy School.

Advertisement