Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Nokia E63 to internet via laptop

Options
  • 19-04-2010 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Do any of you use your phone to connect to the internet via your laptop, I am trying to find out if this is a practical solution for me as I have broadband at home but would like to connect at other times when away etc. I have a data plan with Vodafone which I use for browsing and email.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

The ovi suite from Nokia can connect via bluetooth or usb works well. you could use nokia PC suite but Ovi is the way Nokia is moving towards.

Simple to install and connect to the net :D(Nokia have settings saved for different networks with meteor it's as easy as clicking a button so I guess that Vodafone is the same) It also shows you how much you have downloaded which is handy

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-ovi-suite/compatibility-and-download

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭matamoros1965

Thanks Pyro for your help, when I connected my phone cable to the laptop, a program called Nokia Internet Access started to load, that all worked fine but when it came to connect, it says no network available even though I could connect on the device itself though Vodafone live and the speed was as good as normal. I have Ovi store and Ovi files already on the phone, do they have a seperate service to connect to the 'net?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Ok read up about Nokia Internet Access and that should work .... I don't have your phone so can't really help you with that.

The ovi suite is a separate pc application that connects your pc and phone together it should work with your phone no problem.

Once you download the programme
    Connect your phone and click this
    13275.png

Someone might be able to figure a way that works with Nokia Internet Access.. just not me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

You could install joikuspot on your nokia and turn your phone into a 3G wifi access point.

Handy if want to share your phone data with more then one device or you want to avoid cables.

It works very well, I have it installed on my E63.

Advertisement