Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drywall skills??

• 19-04-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

how many sheets of plasterboard should a good man hang in a day?any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

lil_pip wrote: »
    how many sheets of plasterboard should a good man hang in a day?any idea?

On the ceiling? In a confined space? Involving lots of cutting and adjusting or pulling cables through - or just plain and simple: sheet after sheet, side by side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

As stated above - it depends on the area, cutting involved, wall heights, access etc

We recently completed an office fit-out in dublin where myself and another guy put on 1120 sheets in 9 days.....in fairness it was very straightforward and we were working on a price so it paid us to go as hard as that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lil_pip

on an average day,a good guy,few sockets a few switchs the odd pipe maybe a door or two.im just lookin for an average of a days work for a dryliner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

mfceiling wrote: »
    As stated above - it depends on the area, cutting involved, wall heights, access etc

We recently completed an office fit-out in dublin where myself and another guy put on 1120 sheets in 9 days.....in fairness it was very straightforward and we were working on a price so it paid us to go as hard as that!!

jasus. when I was younger I could manage 80 a day in NYC.

1120 in 9 days is turbo lightning speed

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lil_pip

gsxr1 wrote: »
    jasus. when I was younger I could manage 80 a day in NYC.

1120 in 9 days is turbo lightning speed
    1120 between two guys in 9 days is 62 each,per day.did you do 80 per day with a partner?80 is a big number on the drywall scale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

We did 1120 - the boards all came pre-made from gypsum at 2810mm - floor to ceiling was 2815mm
    The walls were all studded - all we had to do was board them.
    The guy i was with - i have worked with him for nearly 10 years on and off so we know each other inside out.
    There was very little cutting as most of the sockets etc were surface mounted.
    My arms were aching when the day came to an end - 7.30a.m - 6pm!!
    I'd like to think we made a good impression for the subbie we were working for but as he hasn't paid up in full yet............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

mfceiling wrote: »
    I'd like to think we made a good impression for the subbie we were working for but as he hasn't paid up in full yet............

feckin typical

Advertisement