Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three's new prepay offer (txt / internet)

Options
  • 19-04-2010 5:35pm

A colleague just informed me that as from 20.04.2010...

Top-up €20 and get:

Unlimited any-net texts
    Unlimited any-net WEEKEND minutes

New add-on: Unlimited Data €5.

Assuming there will be a 'fair-use policy' and probably not tethering for the data allowed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

A colleague just informed me that as from 20.04.2010...

Top-up €20 and get:

Unlimited any-net texts
    Unlimited any-net WEEKEND minutes

New add-on: Unlimited Data €5.

Assuming there will be a 'fair-use policy' and probably not tethering for the data allowed.
    This is 3's new 3Pay offer launching tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I'm on the relax 150 plan and just out of contract with 3. This sounds like a better plan and better value for money! I wonder will they let me switch over or is this just for new customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'm on the relax 150 plan and just out of contract with 3. This sounds like a better plan and better value for money! I wonder will they let me switch over or is this just for new customers?

Was with three before and would have stayed with them and i would be still with them if they brought out this plan AGES ago! Still can't believe Vodafone don't have a proper prepay Data plan!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yea but nobody on pre pay can upgrade to an iPhone, they'll also give you 1gb of Internet you can tether with every month and double your units...

Now you've another dilema, go back to prepay or get an iPhone upgrade : )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

whats the situation with these offers if you're already with 3? i topped up by 20 euro,i spent tenner on the internet add on. Do i wait until i top up next time ?

• Advertisement

Yea but nobody on pre pay can upgrade to an iPhone, they'll also give you 1gb of Internet you can tether with every month and double your units...

Now you've another dilema, go back to prepay or get an iPhone upgrade : )

I have a Nexus One,been using that with the 1g add-on. Most of my phone usage now is data rather than calls and text. The new deal offers better value than the current bill-pay option i'm on. And i never bother with tethering so it's not an issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Im on three at the moment, if this deal is real i'd be interested in swapping.

Hope someone can confirm tommorrow, it would drop my initial bill from 35 a month to 25,

i get 100 mins to any network, 100 mins to three friends, unlimited texts for 25 plus 1gb data for 10

If i get unlimited txts and unlimited weekend calls for €20 and unlimited data for €5 then i have a buffer of €10 to make week day calls. i think over the course of a month, i would save money on that offer

I have a Nexus One,been using that with the 1g add-on. Most of my phone usage now is data rather than calls and text. The new deal offers better value than the current bill-pay option i'm on. And i never bother with tethering so it's not an issue for me.

Bit of a no brainer then, how's the nexus working on 3, was originally going to get one but gave into the iPhone upgrade.

Hope someone can confirm tommorrow, it would drop my initial bill from 35 a month to 25,

i get 100 mins to any network, 100 mins to three friends, unlimited texts for 25 plus 1gb data for 10

If i get unlimited txts and unlimited weekend calls for €20 and unlimited data for €5 then i have a buffer of €10 to make week day calls. i think over the course of a month, i would save money on that offer

the price of the best of both data add on will drop as well to 4.99 I'd say, bob 25 is still not bad if you make day time calls bob 15 looks pretty poor now....

Bit of a no brainer then, how's the nexus working on 3, was originally going to get one but gave into the iPhone upgrade.

It's grand on 3. I was thinking of switching to o2 because for a couple of days every month my signal at home,both cell and 3g go to ****e(not Nexus related). But i'll put up with that if i can switch as the new deal is better value,especially for data.

• Advertisement

It's grand on 3. I was thinking of switching to o2 because for a couple of days every month my signal at home,both cell and 3g go to ****e(not Nexus related). But i'll put up with that if i can switch as the new deal is better value,especially for data.

ive a Hero on three and find that at times my internet is great then it just stops working

i have to either
    Turn phone off and on and it starts working

or

Clear the browsers cache and turn phone off and on

not sure weather its Android, Hero or Three related

the price of the best of both data add on will drop as well to 4.99 I'd say, bob 25 is still not bad if you make day time calls bob 15 looks pretty poor now....

So you reckon they will charge me 5 euro less each month now? so 30 quid only difference being 100 mins anytime instead of unlimited weekend

Were starting to get to almost entirely in packages now. Some smart network will come up with a 40 euro deal with almost unlimited calls, unlimited txt and data and everyone will flock to them

ronano wrote: »
    whats the situation with these offers if you're already with 3? i topped up by 20 euro,i spent tenner on the internet add on. Do i wait until i top up next time ?

You will have to wait till your next top-up, it hasn't gone live yet so I don't yet know if it will be a case of opting-in to the new offer before your next top-up.

I'll post a comparison tomorrow morning. Once I've gone over the offer fully I'll list any pro's & con's, definite prices, weekday call chages, etc.

True...they'll have to up the inclusive minutes or add in the data to bob15...

Yea i reckon it'll have to drop, as for unlimited everything for 40pm, it'll happen but you won't see Vodafone, Meteor or 02 leading the charge, there big thing is locking in people to their network with free Vodafone to Vodafone calls etc, great to see 3 break down those barriers, there the only network that allow you to call any network for free.
    Now i hope my mates on Vodafone pre pay will finally change networks and call me for a change, sick of the scrooges texting me and I've to call them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

wow my wife is just about to move to 3 with a sim unlocked iphone.

This offer is what we've been looking for.

I made a call to my mate who is a manager on the CPW and he is going to ring the 3 rep and sus it all out !!

We were looking at best of both 15 with data add on, but this is better i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

I would also be very interested in this offer, looking forward to seeing the full details of this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Its live now data add on is still 9.99e

http://three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay.htm?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=click&utm_campaign=prodserv-angel

3Pay - Prepay from 3.

Top up by €20 each month and get loads of extras.

Switch to 3Pay today and get get unlimited texts and weekend minutes to any network with every €20 top up.
    In addition to your free talk & text with 3 you also get the latest 3G handset for a great price, Internet on every mobile, with access to social networking sites such as Bebo, Facebook and Twitter.And what's more, you'll also get free Windows Live Messenger.
    When we say free, we mean it – that means there are no sneaky internet charges for using these applications on your mobile.

Kenny got the jump on me there!

So exactly as above. Per minute rate during the week stays at 35c.
    You need to top-up by €20 to activate the unlimited calls and texts. Calls and texts expire after 30 days so you'll need to top-up again. For the data, you will be able to buy the add-on through Planet 3 (> My 3 > Buy Add-ons) for €5 from your credit. I don't yet have any info on the fair-use policys that i'm pretty sure will be in place.

Compared with the Vodafone, O2 and Meteor, for the same top-up every month, they will offer only free on net calls & texts or free any-net text. For lower end data users, meteor allow free data up to 250MB with their free calls & texts ON-NET.

Its live now data add on is still 9.99e

http://three.ie/products_services/priceplans/prepay.htm?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=click&utm_campaign=prodserv-angel

3Pay - Prepay from 3.

Top up by €20 each month and get loads of extras.

Switch to 3Pay today and get get unlimited texts and weekend minutes to any network with every €20 top up.
    In addition to your free talk & text with 3 you also get the latest 3G handset for a great price, Internet on every mobile, with access to social networking sites such as Bebo, Facebook and Twitter.And what's more, you'll also get free Windows Live Messenger.
    When we say free, we mean it – that means there are no sneaky internet charges for using these applications on your mobile.

No that was there existing pre pay offer, you were limited to 200 free any network weekend minutes, the new offer is unlimited free weekend calls (fair usage policy??) and unlimited any network texts.
    The data add on is 5 euro for internet with a fair usage policy of 250mb, skype, msn, planet 3 etc will still be free and not use your data.
    The 9.99 1GB remains the same I think.

Just off the phone from 3 they said the unlimited text are capped at 300 as no one would use more than this and the weekend mins are 200 because no one would need any more haha I presume they don't have a clue of this new offer and are talking about the old one.

• Advertisement

Just off the phone from 3 they said the unlimited text are capped at 300 as no one would use more than this and the weekend mins are 200 because no one would need any more haha I presume they don't have a clue of this new offer and are talking about the old one.

That's the existing price plan:) I'm waiting to hear back on the fair usage policy for the weekend minutes, i'd guess 200 every weekend but the texts have gone to unlimited with probably a 3000 fair usage policy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Just off the phone from 3 they said the unlimited text are capped at 300 as no one would use more than this

:rolleyes: They actually said with a straight face that no one would use more than 300?!

jordainius wrote: »
    :rolleyes: They actually said with a straight face that no one would use more than 300?!

yeah man hahaha

Just off the phone from 3....
    jordainius wrote: »

:rolleyes: video call?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I think we got a situation !

they are both change on the web site to unlimited now still no info on the new add on

I think we got a situation !

I think the other networks have a situation:D

The fair usage policy for the any network minutes is 3000 minutes and the any network texts is 3000:eek:

they are both change on the web site to unlimited now still no info on the new add on

The new add on is 5 euro for 250mb, you can buy it as many times as you want but if your going to use more than 250mb best go with the 9.99 for 1GB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Best offering of all the networks for topping up by €20 and a choice of 2 data add-ons. I'm impressed.

Can anyone give an assessment of the strength of their 3G coverage? (I know better than to trust the networks own coverage maps!) How widespread/strong/consistent/reliable is their 3G coverage?

• Advertisement

3 have the largest 3G population coverage with 94% followed by o2 at 90.5%, I'd guess Vodafone is lagging a good bit behind followed by meteor.
    The figures above are a little misleading as there's a substantial difference between 3 & o2's indoor 3G coverage maps.

3 Indoor in light blue
    20100406-b5qcd64636rjhw3gqsnb35m1eb.jpg

o2 Indoor in Purple
    20100406-xctp9sddnujj3624u594iaygqs.jpg

Meteor's Indoor coverage is fairly slim.
    20100406-fex6s978c15mmpkd64g9gj3ucg.jpg

The 3G coverage maps speak for themselves. From what I hear 3 will have 99% 3G population coverage by the end of the year

Just copying from an old post, but 3 are way ahead when it comes to 3G coverage.

Advertisement