Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three's new prepay offer (txt / internet)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

This is interesting

Seeing as its 3Pay and not Bill im just wondering

If i top up by €20

I'll get

Free weekend calls
    Free Texts
    and then €20 Credit to make calls during the week

and for €5 i can add a 250mb add-on (which i dont think ive broken yet even though i have 1GB)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This is interesting

Seeing as its 3Pay and not Bill im just wondering

If i top up by €20

I'll get

Free weekend calls
    Free Texts
    and then €20 Credit to make calls during the week

and for €5 i can add a 250mb add-on (which i dont think ive broken yet even though i have 1GB)

Yup, Skype, Planet3, MSN, Google Search and Bebo alerts are still free and don't use use your data.

Ok so you would have €20 credit to spend however you want, equating to around 85 mins worth of weekday calls. It would also allow me to send MMS's again (i cant on BOB 25 because i would have to top up extra to do it)

I'll still have free txts, i'd be trading 100 anytime and 100 3 to 3 for 85 mins worth of calls but giving myself configurability with regards if i want to send MMS etc i can.

Also if i broke the 250mb it would come out of my €20 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

does facebook work for free on 3?

Ok so you would have €20 credit to spend however you want, equating to around 85 mins worth of weekday calls. It would also allow me to send MMS's again (i cant on BOB 25 because i would have to top up extra to do it)

I'll still have free txts, i'd be trading 100 anytime and 100 3 to 3 for 85 mins worth of calls but giving myself configurability with regards if i want to send MMS etc i can.

Also if i broke the 250mb it would come out of my €20 right?
    does facebook work for free on 3?

You wouldn't get 85 minutes for 20 euro credit you'd get about 55 minutes and loose your 100 free 3 to 3 calls. If you brake the 250mb limit I think you've to buy another 250mb add on. I'm not sure if they will allow out of bundle usage on the data but they probably might.

@kenny, facebook uses your data allowance. So you'd be left with 15 euro credit if you got the data add on, So you'd have 3000 texts to any network, 3000 weekend minutes to any network, 250mb of data and 40 minutes of any network day calls, you'd also have a euro left for picture messages or a quick video call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Have ordered a free sim off their site to see what the signal is like around my house, no point moving my number over yet if i have no coverage at home or in work

Have ordered a free sim off their site to see what the signal is like around my house, no point moving my number over yet if i have no coverage at home or in work

You'll need a 3G capable phone for a 3 sim to work

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

You'll need a 3G capable phone for a 3 sim to work

Yeah i know, have an E72 so i should be grand

well I switched but I dont see that 5e add on anywhere just the one for 9.99

well I switched but I dont see that 5e add on anywhere just the one for 9.99

That was quick, the add on isn't live until the 1st of May, only the 1GB one until then.

• Advertisement

I dunno if im tied in to BOB 25 till June, i might have agreed to stay on it for 6 months if they gave me a months bill free

Might ring and see if they will let me switch to 3pay from BOB 25

Just off the phone

Sent in a Close Account request by Mail
    I have to wait 30 days till they close the account then i can switch

get a 3pay sim in the mean time as you'll need it to port your bob number to on pre pay. the internal port should only take a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just off the phone

Sent in a Close Account request by Mail
    I have to wait 30 days till they close the account then i can switch

Would they not let you switch from bob to 3pay without closing your bob a/c?

Lads when do the weekend mins start and finish is it 6pm fri to sun

Edit:

I got it:

3Pay Price Plan.

3Pay Top-up vouchers must be activated within 90 days of purchase.

General.

1. Each text / photo /video message can accommodate 160 characters. Some handsets allow for more, these will be divided and sent in numerous messages (depending upon length). Each message will be deducted from your monthly allowance (if any) or charged at standard rates.
    2. International messaging functions are subject to services arrangements with respective networks abroad. Calls and messages to these numbers are excluded from any inclusive allowance in all price plans.

€20 Top Up Free Weekend Talk/Text Offer

1. The following terms and conditions of the free talk/text Offer (the “Offer”) are in addition to and form part of the terms and conditions of 3 Ireland 's mobile telecommunications service which are available on www.three.ie. In the event of any conflict the terms and conditions below shall prevail.
    2. This offer is only available to 3Pay customers topping up by a minimum of €20 in one go between April 20th 2010 and 30th November 2010
    3. Eligible Customers must then top-up by €20 or more, in one go, every 30 days and maintain a positive credit balance to continue to receive the free talk/text under the Promotion.
    4. This Promotion does not apply when you are roaming outside the Republic of Ireland (ROI) or for international texts and only applies to Short Message Service (SMS) texts. Multimedia Message Service (MMS) messages are expressly excluded from the scope of this Promotion. SMS to landlines must be to normal landline numbers capable of receiving SMS messages, SMS to premium rate or non-standard numbers do not apply.
    5. A fair usage policy limit of 3,000 weekend minutes applies to the 30 day period succeeding your top up. You will be contacted by 3 if your usage exceeds our Fair usage policy. 3 reserves the right to charge customers who persist in using the service where such usage has been deemed excessive or to suspend, at its absolute discretion, modify or restrict your use of the service or to disconnect you from the 3 network.
    6. For the purposes of this Offer weekends start at 12.01AM Saturday and end at 12.01AM Monday and your free weekend calls must take place within this period.
    7. A fair usage policy limit of 3,000 texts for the 30 day period succeeding your top up applies to the free text offer. You will be contacted by 3 if your usage exceeds our Fair usage policy. 3 reserves the right to charge customers who persist in using the service where such usage has been deemed excessive or to suspend, at its absolute discretion, modify or restrict your use of the service or to disconnect you from the 3 network.
    8. Except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, all conditions, terms, warranties and representations whether express or implied by law in relation to the provision of the Offer are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law.
    9. 3 reserves the right to withdraw the Offer generally or from any particular Customer at any time and to vary or amend any element of this service at any time without further notice. These terms and conditions may be varied or amended by 3 for any valid commercial, technical or operational reason.

Will this finish at the end of November or are 3 like the rest of the networks and extend these promotions?

There's no end date in the T's & C's, I can see them keeping this offer if it's successful which is should be, I can't see the other networks offering free calls to everybody.

Getting charged for voice mail at the weekend

Your getting charged for it
    the whole time! Voicemail is only free on bill pay!

Yeah I know that but I thought it might be free with the free weekend calls not too worry no big deal. I can't seem to call 076 voip numbers either has anyone else noticed this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

Yeah I know that but I thought it might be free with the free weekend calls not too worry no big deal. I can't seem to call 076 voip numbers either has anyone else noticed this?

I'd imagine if you call directly into your voicemail ti will be free at weekends by using the 083 5 1234567 way. basically put a 5 after your 083/085/086/087 prefix and then follow with the rest of your number as normal

That doesn't work with 3 you just dial 0833333171 and you still get charged for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Anyone know if the €5 data add-on is happening? I can't see anything about it on 3's site. I'd be tempted to switch if this is true, but without it I'd rather stick with O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Breezer wrote: »
    Anyone know if the €5 data add-on is happening? I can't see anything about it on 3's site. I'd be tempted to switch if this is true, but without it I'd rather stick with O2.

Possible that the site wouldn't be updated with the BH this weekend, so might happen tomorrow

You should see it before the end of this week, I think the 7th is the offical date;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Davy wrote: »
    Possible that the site wouldn't be updated with the BH this weekend, so might happen tomorrow
    Does that imply that it's not yet available then, or just that the site hasn't been updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

i'm trying to figure out if there's a catch ... :eek:
    can you only switch PAYG accounts every 90 days?
    as with meteor's new offer, this being three's new offer,
    is it likely o2 and vodafone will bring out better offers?

Doubtfully the last thing Vodafone, 02 or Meteor would do is give you free calls to any other network there forever trying to convince you all your friends are on the same network.
    It'll be a dark day in hell before you see o2 advertising free calls to Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

metalfest wrote: »
    can you only switch PAYG accounts every 90 days?

what do you mean by this :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Doubtfully the last thing Vodafone, 02 or Meteor would do is give you free calls to any other network there forever trying to convince you all your friends are on the same network.
    It'll be a dark day in hell before you see o2 advertising free calls to Vodafone.

meteor and three are the fun networks so :p

hmm, only thing now is get the w995 unlocked and make the move...

inq mini or 3f102? just as a spare to have

Advertisement