Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three's new prepay offer (txt / internet)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Humm AA sounds promising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Lads,

How are you getting on with this plan? Do you get the free weekend minutes for life? or just till Nov? On Meteor but considering moving due to the free calls on top.

And another question, what about when the 30 days are up? With meteor, I just use up rest of credit and then top up. Sometimes that may be a week or two after the 30 days. But automatically get the free texts again. Is it the same with three?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Lads,

How are you getting on with this plan? Do you get the free weekend minutes for life? or just till Nov? On Meteor but considering moving due to the free calls on top.
    Plan is working great for me, prepay data at a brilliant price (for my own needs).

The offer is not for life but I'd imagine (based on past form) that 3 will either extend the offer, or replace it with something better. That's what they have been doing for the last few years anyway.

I can't see them dropping it, most their prepay customers would just port away (myself included) so I'd imagine they wouldn't be that stupid!!
    And another question, what about when the 30 days are up? With meteor, I just use up rest of credit and then top up. Sometimes that may be a week or two after the 30 days. But automatically get the free texts again. Is it the same with three?

Cheers
    Yep pretty much exactly the same! You don't lose the extras for not topping up by a certain date.

Tis workin out great for me except for one annoying problem; I keep getting SMS alerts from 3 advising me that my data add-on is running low when it isn't even close to being low. From what I can gather from people I've spoken to it seems so be a widespread problem, irritating but I can get over it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I changed from 3 billpay to this offer on 3 ready to go about 2 months ago. So far i'm saving €20 per month. I top up by €20 once a month,using €5 of that for internet add-on and the remainder covers any calls i make. Great value,i'm hoping it's one of them offers that's extended indefinitely.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

jordainius wrote: »
    Tis workin out great for me except for one annoying problem; I keep getting SMS alerts from 3 advising me that my data add-on is running low when it isn't even close to being low. From what I can gather from people I've spoken to it seems so be a widespread problem, irritating but I can get over it!!

I've asked a couple of lads in a 3 store how to stop this and they didn't have a clue. It's very annoying,i get at least one a day,even after just buying a fresh add-on!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Was all set to pop into three today to get sim. But I've realised my phone is not 3G. It's the Nokia 5530. Originally I'd just presumed being a "smart" phone that it would. So looks like I'll be sticking with meteor for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

lord lucan wrote: »
    I've asked a couple of lads in a 3 store how to stop this and they didn't have a clue. It's very annoying,i get at least one a day,even after just buying a fresh add-on!

Yep I was getting that too. as soon as I got the darn 250MB addon it would send me a text saying it was low. I receved at least one text per day every day about it. Sometimes two or three...
    Just thinking about it, when the offer was 1GB data it use to send me texts when it got to 500MB remaining so maybe thats the trigger point for it? then when we get the 250MB we are already past that point so receve the texts?

In any case Ive moved on to the sim only max deal of 2GB data - 360 units - free 3 to 3 calls for €30 deal and the texts have stopped now.. thank god!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep I was getting that too. as soon as I got the darn 250MB addon it would send me a text saying it was low. I receved at least one text per day every day about it. Sometimes two or three...
    Just thinking about it, when the offer was 1GB data it use to send me texts when it got to 500MB remaining so maybe thats the trigger point for it? then when we get the 250MB we are already past that point so receve the texts?

In any case Ive moved on to the sim only max deal of 2GB data - 360 units - free 3 to 3 calls for €30 deal and the texts have stopped now.. thank god!.

just to make sure, is that a 30 day contract or a 12 month one?cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Spipov wrote: »
    just to make sure, is that a 30 day contract or a 12 month one?cheers

Yep it is. I was unsure as the terms online was saying 18 month but the pape rwork in the three pack said 30 days so I guess its the website needs updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Just came across this offer on here 3 are offering and it seems deadly.Can someone tell me if I am picking this up right. You top up with €20 and get €5 free with which you get a 250mb add on. You also get Free Any Network Weekend Minutes & Texts.

Also I see there is a new add on someone has mentioned above of 1 GB of data for €5. Could you get this 1 GB data instead of the 250mb above?

Also if you get the 1GB of data and don't use it all in a month can you carry over the remaining data to the following month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement