Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OFFENCES & GR

Options
  • 19-04-2010 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

do the GR frown upon criminal offences!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Not trying to be smart here but in the context of your question I would imagine they would do more frowning the more serious the offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

Most police tend to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Do you frown on the bleedin' obvious? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Horse04

It depends on the severity of the offence i.e. road traffic offences can be dealt with and it can be excempt from application pending investigation from an s.i. or commissioner also public order offences such section (5) of public order act which is liotering is not so easy to get in with because your in contact and offending the public but its not saying you cannot get in with an offence its just making your application more difficult for garda recruitment to accpet your basically making it harder on yourself but still put the application in or do voluteer work show that your wiser thats only if you've an offence if you dont then you should be fine.

Advertisement