Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 7 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options
  • 19-04-2010 9:12pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, this thread will replace the existing thread and will be used for all discussions and banter pertaining to the XBOX360 leagues. The old thread has served it's purpose and will be closed now, this can be used from now on. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I'm going to win this season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

I'll get it out of the way....... Custom formations succcccck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

obama-change-poster1.jpg

ITS COMING

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Quick Q..Does the league play with live season?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Soby wrote: »
    Quick Q..Does the league play with live season?

No it uses default squads, its set that way in Fifa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Thaaank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Axwell wrote: »
    No it uses default squads, its set that way in Fifa.

But it is using the jan update instead of the default

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

But it is using the jan update instead of the default

True. It doesnt use live season but it uses the transfer updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Top seed in the championship after one promotion? this sh1t is whack yo.... maybe im watchin too much of the wire but jesus.

Gonna be stuck with some low end team again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I are relegated.:(

hrnga8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

After using AC Milan in the season just gone I'll be spoilt with whatever team I get!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Nice work in getting this up and running so quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Don't know who to pick this season. I like and am use to playing with Villa but am at a disadvantage against the bigger teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Woo Hoo! Barcelona again!
    Now at least I don't need to change my sig :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

moz wrote: »
    Woo Hoo! Barcelona again!
    Now at least I don't need to change my sig :D

Pfft, spread your wings dude!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Pfft, spread your wings dude!! :D

Yeah I know. Should have picked Inter!
    It's only my second season with Barce and I'm sure to get the formation right this time :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Did a couple of players drop out?

Championship down to 11 players

Derry Red, he had some changes at work and wasnt going to have the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

its pointless winning the league this year as a couple of the players are going to pick 3 stars. nice idea only if everyone gets involved but is just plain stupid if its half and half.league is a shambles imo for people taking the piss.its unfair on people who want to win it honestly.

storybud22 wrote: »
    its pointless winning the league this year as a couple of the players are going to pick 3 stars. nice idea only if everyone gets involved but is just plain stupid if its half and half.league is a shambles imo for people taking the piss.its unfair on people who want to win it honestly.

Well bud you seem to be aware of who people are going to pick before the selections are made. Also if people want to pick 3 star teams let them do so, why would you expect that anyone else in the league would want to. If they want to take the piss and attempt to ruin the league as part of some silly little plan, lets call it say 'plan x' then let them go ahead. Maybe they should have just not bothered playing this season if they plan to carry on like that?

• Advertisement

i would off went in on the idea if the whole league did. but its pointless if its half and half. just annoys whoever wins the league would get no sense of victory if they won.if i beat a 3 star team i dont care. but if you lose you would look like a muppet. it would be unfair just lets say my brother as defending champion beat one of the promoted people with a crap team as he is very good at the game. the other person would feel rotten and would not find it fun imo

Bud you are very aware that there was no plan for the league to ever go and play with just 3 star teams. Also where are you getting the idea its half and half from? One person has picked a 3 star team, theres 3 people left to pick , you are one of them. Everyone else is picking their teams as normal , seems to me you and some others had your own little plan to pick 3 star teams and now you are complaining because the rest of the league has picked normal teams even though there was never any plan or mention of the league picking 3 star teams. Like you said its taking the piss but if people want to pick them go ahead, but perhaps they shouldnt have bothered joining again if they were going to carry on like that. By the way your brother isnt in the league this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Are they still going ahead with that? Ive told the lads what I think of it and I agree with Storybud. Its just going to ruin the league for everyone.

Either everyone pick 3 star teams or keep it as the way it was. I dont know what the lads doing it have to gain out of it.

Just say now Storybud plays one of the lads who picks a 3 star team. Beats them 4-0. Its a hollow victory.

Basically its a loose loose situation for the lads who have decided to play the league properly and a win win for the lads who have decided to the 3 star thing.

If they win its a great achievment, if they loose its because they were a 3 star team.

Dont know why they did it. The league is one of the best things about Fifa. Its run well, people play their games fairly and its competitive.

I didnt want to post anything about it on here as I honestly felt the lads thinking of doing it wouldnt go ahead with it. Have to say im very disapointed.

Why try and ruin something that people have gone to the effort of running properly?

If any of you can honestly tell me your reasons for doing it then im all ears.

There is no win win for anyone who decides to do the 3 star thing as you put it. Neither myself or Moon as league organisers said there would be a 3 star league or anything of that nature. If people are trying to disrupt the league then they are only making themselves look foolish in front of everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

why couldnt have someone set up a 3 star team league separate to the boards league?

a separate league is a good idea. i knew who was in on the 3 star idea. trust me there is more to people gonna pick weak teams for a challenge:) nice idea if everyone is involved imo. its a crappy victory whoever wins the league. i think my bro is in the league

storybud22 wrote: »
    a separate league is a good idea. i knew who was in on the 3 star idea. trust me there is more to people gonna pick weak teams for a challenge:) nice idea if everyone is involved imo. its a crappy victory whoever wins the league. i think my bro is in the league

As one of the league organisers I can assure you he isnt in the league.

Your team picks are also due. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I really don't understand why people would attempt to spoil the whole thing for everyone else. A piss poor attempt to disrupt things.

Moon and Axwell put a load of honest effort into making sure everything runs smoothly, and try to keep everyone happy as often as possible which really is an impossible task.....and thats the thanks they get?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

this thread off to a good start, sigh....

• Advertisement

my bro was seeded 1st yesterday now hes vanished. its a shame he quit as i was looking froward to the challenge hopefully the rest of the league pick good teams. we probably should let parawind repick a good team. i want all the players in the league to pick the strongest team available to them. the league was fun last season. the premiership seemed like a bit of craic:)

Advertisement