Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 7 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

storybud22 wrote: »
    i would off won if that did not happen. you use manual chip and it is allowed anyway. if u did not score i would off been 3-2 up and would off won. my head was fryed after dat and ur last 2 goals were out of my frustation. 5-3 would not of been scoreline if u did not score dat free kick enjoy da sour win

didn't use manual chip against you. whose to say you would have gone 3-2 up or won the game? it was 2-2 when the free occured. it would have been a different kettle of fish if i hadn't scored as the phase of play would have been different.

can anybody say for sure that they will definitely win even with 30 mins etc to go?? no they can't.

we all lose from time to time (well i lose more often than you) so let's build a bridge and get over it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

storybud22 wrote: »
    i would off won if that did not happen. <snip>

Dude, the word you are looking for is HAVE.

As in "i would HAVE won if that did not happen."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lads don't bicker. Just take it win lose or draw. Too much negativity surrounding results.

Having said that, I think we need a few changes for next season. The rules are what they are for this season so I don't have an issue with people doing it at the moment, but we really need to ban the manual chip for next season. It's the height of an exploit and is really no different from scoring from tip off.....and thats banned.

Like I said, I won't have a go with anyone who uses it but should such obvious exploits be aloud in these leagues? People have issues with custom formations and so on and by all means that should be debated. But there is no valid arguement for allowing exploits so it should be done by next season.

Thats my take on it anyway. Apart from the chipping, im acutally quite enjoying this season. Bristol are great fun to play with. You really have to work for the goals and its satisfying when they go in. So thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

If you ban manual chips then you should ban people from putting their back 4 super deep, since it is an exploit too. The danger with banning one of these things is you open the flood gates and then where does it end? This game is riddled with issues but they are a part of the game unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

cashelman you do use manual chips. you just did not need to. in a friendly match you scored 3of them against me. parawind get online bud and ill give ya a game:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The problem is we can only monitor so much. When playing a game if someone chips you there is no real way to say for definite if they did a normal chip or have their settings on manual and chipped you using a cross. Banning it will just cause accusations everytime a chipped goal is scored that it was manual chip and not a normal one.

These exploits are in the game and its unfortunate that Fifa has them. We make rules to try keep order on the league where possible but some things are inbuilt into the game and are out of our control during a game and there isnt anything we can do. Im sure when Fifa 11 comes out some will be fixed but im sure there will be others in their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Storybud I understand your frustration with what Cashelman did. It was a cheap way of scoring a goal and to be honest I dont like when people do it. Happend me last year in a league game against a diffferent league player and I told him it was cheap. But to say you would of won is a bit to far as who knows how it would of gone.

Personally I REALLY want custom formations and tactics banned for the next league. I know ive used them in the past and ive given my reasons why I needed to use them with slow defences.

Seriously games would be alot more open and enjoyable if people just stuck with default formations and if they wanted they could use the four defualt custom tactics that the game gives you I think possession counter attack are two of them. Even say your Barca but you like Reals formation well then use theirs.

Where I think its stretching is it calling for the banning of the manual chipping. As long as your settings are on default then do what you want. Call it exploiting or balancing but if you let someone get into a one v one situation then its your own fault.

Custom formations/tactics can completley ruin matches and turn them into dour match ups where someone might score due to a jammy goal. And this is ALOT more likely to happen when your a Chelsea or an Inter milan.

Most of the big fifa tournaments dont allow custom formations or tactics but allow manual chipping. So someone out there agrees with me. :pac:

Axwell wrote: »
    The problem is we can only monitor so much. When playing a game if someone chips you there is no real way to say for definite if they did a normal chip or have their settings on manual and chipped you using a cross. .

Yes there is. When you use the cross button to chip, there is an X on the ground. When you use the proper chip, which is LB and shoot, there is not. Its easy to tell the difference.

And just because its in the game doesn't mean its working as intended. The arguement that its in the game so we have to deal with it is nonsense. Last man tackles are in the game but we don't allow those.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Kirby wrote: »
    Yes there is. When you use the cross button to chip, there is an X on the ground. When you use the proper chip, which is LB and shoot, there is not.

Its easy to tell the difference.

My point was there is no way for me or Moon to say for definite if they did or not. We cant monitor the game or the settings people use or how they play. It would become one persons word against another on here and result in bitching and accusations about if the person did or didnt do a manual chip as oppose to a normal one.

Just to add im not a fan of them and dont use manual settings, so I agree with you that they are an exploit and shouldnt be used. But to monitor them and who does them and doesnt is near impossible. The fact remains people are expected to play on default settings but we cant monitor if they do or not and people have abused this before and more than likely will/are again.

Yes there is. When you use the cross button to chip, there is an X on the ground. When you use the proper chip, which is LB and shoot, there is not. Its easy to tell the difference.

And just because its in the game doesn't mean its working as intended. The arguement that its in the game so we have to deal with it is nonsense. Last man tackles are in the game but we don't allow those.

But last man tackles can be identified by bookings. I think he means theres no way to prove it after the game, so it would be your word against the other players. So people could mistakenly accuse a normal chip shot as a manual chip and after the game there is no prove

• Advertisement

Thats not different from anything else. If somebody gets hacked from behind in a last man challenge its still one persons word against another. One might say he was going for the ball. one would say it was cynical. Or when somebody gets disconnected. Accident? or on purpose. Ultimately it comes down to a persons honesty and integrity and enforcing this "rule" would be no different.

And the manual chip can be done with manual semi or assisted. Its been called the manual chip because its being passed into the net as the keeper moves off the line. And its pretty infallable. Regular chips miss all the time....because its intended that way for balancing. The point is its an exploit and its easy to tell it apart from the regular chip. People are winning 4-0 and not having a single shot. Its ridiculous.

The arguements against custom formations are good ones. And some people are for them and against them. Thats fine and as I said we should discuss it. But nobody should be for exploiting. Tip off shots. Scoring crosses every time. Bouncing the ball off the bar and in from a throw ing 100% of the time. And chipping the ball into the net with the pass button. We shouldn't be allowing that stuff in the league. There is no logical reason to allow it. Why ban last man challenges and allow all of that?

The disconnection issue is covered, no one is going to purposely disconnect when winning which is why there is a replay in that case.

The issue with the manual chip actually comes down to the keeper AI more than anything. Keepers come off there line by themselves and its impossible to make them go back and it makes them too easy to chip. This is an issue with Fifa 10. Having your settings on manual makes performing the manual chip easier to than on default. If the keeper AI is improved in Fifa 11 then it shouldnt be as much of an issue, those who have played the World cup game might know if it has improved any in that game?

It would come down to one persons word against another and there is no proof to back it up or tell who is telling the truth or not, and as Parawind said they could be falsely accusing the person or it could be the truth.

All games have flaws and exploits and Fifa is no different. The rules are in place to make the games as fair as possible and keep some order on things but due to the nature of the game its not possible to monitor every little thing.

Your arent listening. There is no chance of false accusation because of the X icon on the ground. Either they did or did not. There is no middle ground. And its just as easy to do it on assist as on manual. That myth has been disproven already.

The keepers come off their line. We know that. But regular chipping has intended variables meaning sometimes they miss. You have to adjust the power bar and it depends greatly on how fast your player is moving. Also, different players require different amount of chip power. When people use the cross button, all of that goes out the window. You tap it and it goes in. Everytime. John terry or ronaldo. Sprinting or walking. Tap it and it goes in. And they didn't intend that. thats what LB and shoot was created for.

Its easy to do. We can all do it. I can do it myself. But its not a good thing and I'm disappointed that people want to keep it.

Your arent listening. There is no chance of false accusation because of the X icon on the ground. Either they did or did not. There is no middle ground. And its just as easy to do it on assist as on manual. That myth has been disproven already.

But the other person can just claim there was no x, and its your word against theirs. There is no way that it could be enforced.

Nothing is enforcible. It's all here-say. Macken you were convinced about a disconnection against you was intentional last season. You insisted it was. But it was your word againest his. How is that any difference? It isn't.

Every rule works out like that. Somebody hacks somebody out last man. One Word against another. And its let go. Unless it happens again and a pattern is seen. Then they get booted.

This rule would work the same way as all the others. If it happened more than once, it would be obvious he was doing it. People are honest anyway. They would play by the rules, if it was a rule. And it should be.

Nothing is enforcible. It's all here-say. Macken you were convinced about a disconnection against you was intentional last season. You insisted it was. But it was your word againest his. How is that any difference? It isn't.

Thank you Damien you just made my point for me, certain rules are not enforceable, but in the case of a disconnection the person who disconnects gets a 3-0 loss automatically, be this intentionally or acidentally. That means theres proof that it happened afterwards, but no proof after the incident of a manual chip.

I agree its not a good thing but infairness EA didn't patch it so its part of FIFA 10, it will be fixed in FIFA 11 but until then we just have to suck it up and deal with it. Same as with all the issues in all of the older FIFA games. Its a shame but if EA won't do anything about it how can you expect Moon and Axwell to?

If you want to get pedantic about it, one would need only take a photo of the match stats as proof. Or record the match.

But thats missing the point. The old " Oh but we can't enforce it" is no reason to allow something to happen. None of the rules can be enforced. It relies on the honesty of the players involved. And if it was banned, people wouldn't do it. They would be to embarrassed to be called out about it. So how enforcable something is...isn't the issue.

If you want to get pedantic about it, one would need only take a photo of the match stats as proof. Or record the match.

But thats missing the point. The old " Oh but we can't enforce it" is no reason to allow something to happen. None of the rules can be enforced. It relies on the honesty of the players involved. And if it was banned, people wouldn't do it. They would be to embarrassed to be called out about it. So how enforcable something is...isn't the issue.

If it was banned a lot of people wouldn't use it but when people started doing regular chips from accute angles then there would be accusations flying around.

Some people would continue to use it and then just claim it was a normal chip and that the other person was just bitter. Its very naive to believe that this sort of thing wouldn't happen with a ban.

At least this way we have transperancy, we all know its in the game and we just have to deal with it.

Its also only a temporary issue, as we know it has been fixed in the world cup and so will not be an issue in the new fifa. So just relax and grit your teeth when someone uses it. Its your choice to use it or not, just like with deep lying defenders.

joe123 wrote: »
    Storybud I understand your frustration with what Cashelman did. It was a cheap way of scoring a goal and to be honest I dont like when people do it. Happend me last year in a league game and I told him it was cheap. But to say you would of won is a bit to far as who knows how it would of gone.

Re-reading that it sounds like im saying Cashelman did it to me last year but it was a different league player so apologies to Cashelman if it looks otherwise.

EDIT: On the manual chip debate im on default settings and you can still manual chip. And manual chips only work if you let the player get in one on one. With custom formations you have to go out of your way to change the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

And manual chips only work if you let the player get in one on one. .

you proved it's possible to do in other situations in our game joe :D

gg, pato was on fire for you. my pass completion rate was shocking!

• Advertisement

Town Man wrote: »
    you proved it's possible to do aswell with a defender running alongside in our game joe :D

gg, pato was on fire for you. my pass completion rate was shocking!

Lol yeah everything seemed to just work for me in that game. Thats the momentum thing I do complain about so often. If I tried those lobs and passes in another game theyd never work!

Without pato in that forward line AC would be terrible for attacking. Great player in the game to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

I'm online now playing fifa 10 world cup, anyone i have to play in the championship just send me a message

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Re-reading that it sounds like im saying Cashelman did it to me last year but it was a different league player so apologies to Cashelman if it looks otherwise.

EDIT: On the manual chip debate im on default settings and you can still manual chip. And manual chips only work if you let the player get in one on one. With custom formations you have to go out of your way to change the game.

was that me? hehe, you won that 2-1 anywayif its the same game im thinking of, it is cheap and slightly bad form but Bud's reaction to it was completely unacceptable, cashelman is a decent player.

i like the way you said you have to go out of your way to win, it should be a challange to beat the better players anyway. also, its really amusing that im getting attacked from Bud and Kirk about my different formations now that im doing well, ive always had loads of different formations and have enjoyed experimenting since i got into the series with fifa 09. why bitch now hmmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I seriously detest this manual chip. What a horrible horrible way to concede a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Moiph wrote: »
    I seriously detest this manual chip. What a horrible horrible way to concede a goal.

i seriously dont like it either yet i find myself doing it too unfortunately. goalies have been a joke from day 1 with any kind of chipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Longshot, but any of my opponents fancy our game now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

raheny red wrote: »
    Longshot, but any of my opponents fancy our game now?

On now

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    was that me? hehe, you won that 2-1 anywayif its the same game im thinking of, it is cheap and slightly bad form but Bud's reaction to it was completely unacceptable, cashelman is a decent player.

i like the way you said you have to go out of your way to win, it should be a challange to beat the better players anyway. also, its really amusing that im getting attacked from Bud and Kirk about my different formations now that im doing well, ive always had loads of different formations and have enjoyed experimenting since i got into the series with fifa 09. why bitch now hmmm?

I told you before why I used custom formations. With Valencia and Bayern. Slow defences where even you said to me you understood why id use them with teams like that but you said their was no excuse for the likes of Chelsea or Real or an Inter using them.

I also said how id never use them if I had a good defence or had one of the better teams! I just think when you have a team like Chelsea you shouldnt have to resort to custom formations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Dunny! wrote: »
    On now

I was a bit flattered by that one. Rebounds helped me out :o - clean sheet streak gone now too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

So thats why people kept on lobbin me from everwhere,i didnt even know there was a manual chip,i must investigate

Advertisement