Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 7 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Srooney03 wrote: »
    So thats why people kept on lobbin me from everwhere,i didnt even know there was a manual chip,i must investigate

Don't go to the dark side!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Srooney03 wrote: »
    So thats why people kept on lobbin me from everwhere,i didnt even know there was a manual chip,i must investigate

i still dont know how to do a manual chip bud or even understand all this assisted play etc...

some of the lads here live on fifa so they have everything covered they dont miss a beat:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

joe123 wrote: »
    I told you before why I used custom formations. With Valencia and Bayern. Slow defences where even you said to me you understood why id use them with teams like that but you said their was no excuse for the likes of Chelsea or Real or an Inter using them.

I also said how id never use them if I had a good defence or had one of the better teams! I just think when you have a team like Chelsea you shouldnt have to resort to custom formations.

ive always had mad formations since Fifa 09 and since im not brill at the game, ive had strong teams since i begun in the leagues, you're only moaning because now, i can beat you whereas before, i didnt and couldnt. I have never used 6 Ultra Defensive players in any formation in the league and Kirk, I only had 4 defending against you and its your fault you couldnt score past 4 lads.

answer me this:

why is it not ok at me to put through balls into Drogba when your only decent offensive strategy is to through it to Pato?

why moan about manual chips when you are now the best player at them?(and i include Bud in that statement)

Another player said in a party lately(not naming names) that you are a fifa hypocrite and to be honest, it was the most bang-on thing he's ever said on xbox. you cant have everything your own way or play the way you want us to play.

out of the 7 wins I got so far, only you and bud have had a problem. that speaks volumes to me

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

People may think it was cheap doing what I did changing the free kicker and back in my game but doesn't the manual chip border on something that is used for what it's not supposed to be used for.

Disappointed by people's reactions to what I did, I didn't want an opposition player on the goal line aswell as the wall moved so I did it without thinking. Nearly all of us have used something to our advantage in the game without thinking twice (I include myself in that) custom formations, manual chip, changing takers etc so it is harsh to give out about others doing things.

Really hope Fifa 11 has as little glitches as possible and we can all get back to enjoying ourselves and playing the game as it was intended

PS - Corcaigh I hope you keep the ball in the stadium this time for our games :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Town Man wrote: »
    Nearly all of us have used something to our advantage in the game without thinking twice (I include myself in that) custom formations, manual chip, changing takers etc so it is harsh to give out about others doing things.

Speak for yourself. I never use manual chip, custom formations or cheap tricks to clear a player off the line. If people were more sporting their would be way less moaning. But there not and they want to win at all costs. Kind of see what Yapa was saying last season.

Anyhooo. I'll keep playing the way I do. I'll never win the league but sure who cares!!

• Advertisement

Speak for yourself. I never use manual chip, custom formations or cheap tricks to clear a player off the line. If people were more sporting their would be way less moaning. But there not and they want to win at all costs. Kind of see what Yapa was saying last season.

Anyhooo. I'll keep playing the way I do. I'll never win the league but sure who cares!!

"nearly all of us" ill change that so to "nearly all of us except alotofthedunnes" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    ive always had mad formations since Fifa 09 and since im not brill at the game, ive had strong teams since i begun in the leagues, you're only moaning because now, i can beat you whereas before, i didnt and couldnt. I have never used 6 Ultra Defensive players in any formation in the league and Kirk, I only had 4 defending against you and its your fault you couldnt score past 4 lads.

answer me this:

why is it not ok at me to put through balls into Drogba when your only decent offensive strategy is to through it to Pato?

why moan about manual chips when you are now the best player at them?(and i include Bud in that statement)

Another player said in a party lately(not naming names) that you are a fifa hypocrite and to be honest, it was the most bang-on thing he's ever said on xbox. you cant have everything your own way or play the way you want us to play.

out of the 7 wins I got so far, only you and bud have had a problem. that speaks volumes to me

Id just like to say ive never moaned about manual chips. I agree that their cheap and annoying but you need to be in or around a certain area to do it. I said you need to be one on one but I admit thats not quite true but you do need to be in a dangerous area to lob it in for lack of a better term :pac:

I dont mind manual chips and dont have a problem with them.

I know you didnt stick six at the back but you do have defenders on the goal line packing your box and Ive said before i didnt mind moon or axwell or whoever using custom formations but speaking of hypocrites you are being one. You were completley against custom formations last season even stating you wanted Yapa to win because he played it the proper way.

AND

You said to me you understood why I would use two cdms as cover for teams like Bayern or Valencia who have retardedly slow defences but could never understand why the big teams would use them.

Calling me a hypocrite at fifa sounds like hokem btw :P

I know I moan about the game all the time and the thread actually has VENT in the title but still some of the things im saying make sense and you know they are true.Me and you always had close games bar the odd result here and there so its not that im annoyed or find it frustrating that you beat me its just not fun trying to break a team like Chelsea down when they have defenders sitting on the goal line when last season you were so against them.

As for my only offensive strategy of using Pato....well Pato IS their only offensive strategy. Look at liverpool without torres!

By the way only had a look earlier but thats a great defensive record youve got so far in the league this season. Custom formation or not thats a staunch defense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

As for my only offensive strategy of using Pato....well Pato IS their only offensive strategy. Look at liverpool without torres!

hahahaha :eek::eek::eek: omg i am so shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

is richiemufc(rooney10) on holidays? think i heard him say something about it...

well Joe, i was never against custom formations except when its 6 at the back or more! the 6-0-4 is what i had most issue with, not custom formations per se.

as for yapa, im sorry I hurt your feelings! ha the only reason i wanted yapa to win more was because he didnt resort to 6-0-4 or whatever even with lousey wolfsberg and the fact that wolfsberg are worse imo than Bayern. Even Yapa admitted the other day that he had to give his CBs a few notchs back but didnt do much else to them. technically thats a custom formation too.....sad thing is most teams dont have their defenders set right and behave terribly so its only natural to fix that rather than concede through balls time and again.

Ps-Bar Marchena, Valencia have a strong, quick defense. Valencias biggest problem is height!

• Advertisement

PS - Corcaigh I hope you keep the ball in the stadium this time for our games :D

i hope so too! not promising anything though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I remember the good old days of seasons 1-4 when there was no bitching or complaining...*sigh* thems were the days...thems were the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm sure if i did a search I could find some drama back then. Rose tinted glasses and all that. The simple fact is, there are more people playing in the league now than at the start. 3 leagues worth. Ergo more chance to have a moan.

People complain. Thats what they do. Be it fifa, the weather or the economy. No different here tbh. And with the exception of buds meltdown yesterday(:D) its all rather tame. No flame wars just people voicing their opinions. Forum fodder really.

Personally I think making the league default next season couldn't hurt. Or perhaps let people choose a formation from any of the clubs unaltered. So you get Spurs in the league but you could decide to use Inter Milans formation for a game....and for the next one you try Real madrids etc. So you have a plethora of formations to choose from and aren't stuck with a single one.....but of the hundreds to choose from they are atleast official looking. Meaning no eight man defences. Might make a few people happier. Just a suggestion.

The manual chip has to go though. No debate there please :)

I agree with all that Kirby although one thing I'd be worried about is that some teams have 2 CDMs that a person could still adjust the player workrates to make it 6-0-4, villarreal's formation being one of them. Then we could be arguing about player workrates which is even lamer than most of the complaining already here!

How did Bud "meltdown" last night, we want details!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I was just jokingly referring to him throwing the head at CashelMan when cashel Hulk went all bruce banner and scored an epic free kick. Bud wasn't a happy camper. :p

I blame John Carew. He's 6'2 ya know. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Kirby wrote: »
    I blame John Carew. He's 6'2

And he'll score more than you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

And he'll score more than you :)

I can hear it now being sung at the next villa match lol

I agree with all that Kirby although one thing I'd be worried about is that some teams have 2 CDMs that a person could still adjust the player workrates to make it 6-0-4, villarreal's formation being one of them. Then we could be arguing about player workrates which is even lamer than most of the complaining already here!

How did Bud "meltdown" last night, we want details!

I mentioned Kirbys suggestion a few posts back. That you could choose whatever teams formation but just no tinkering with it.

It would be impossible to tell if someone actually goes and changes work rates and such but I think it would then just come down to just being honest and not touching any of the settings.

I mentioned Kirbys suggestion a few posts back. That you could choose whatever teams formation but just no tinkering with it.

It would be impossible to tell if someone actually goes and changes work rates and such but I think it would then just come down to just being honest and not touching any of the settings.

We can't just take people at there word, if we did there wouldn't be a need for rules at all

Think about it in terms of the law, your innocent until proven guilty but what if we can't prove guilt or innocence? Is there a point to the law in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

He's on fire in League 1 :cool:

• Advertisement

wouldnt happen, too much scope to do it and get away with it.

Parawind wrote: »
    We can't just take people at there word, if we did there wouldn't be a need for rules at all

Think about it in terms of the law, your innocent until proven guilty but what if we can't prove guilt or innocence? Is there a point to the law in the first place?

Surely winning in the boards league isnt that important to people that they would purposely go and tinker with formations just so they wont conceed as much? :confused:

Surely? Its only a bit of craic at the end of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

1stuey1 wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: League 1
    GAMEWEEK: may 11
    RESULT: Aston Villa (raheny red) 1- 4 Liverpool (stuey1)

UL GG

GG WP GL

Brought back down to earth with a bang. That 7 minute blitz in the first half did the damage and I couldn't recover. Carew's confidence was at an all time low and he couldn't finish his dinner. I think the 4-1 win for you was a bit flattering and 3-2 would have been a fairer reflection of the game. Don't get me wrong, you deserved the 3 points but a 3 goal win was a bit ott.

Surely winning in the boards league isnt that important to people that they would purposely go and tinker with formations just so they wont conceed as much? :confused:

Surely? Its only a bit of craic at the end of it all.

you have certainly changed your tune Joe from the last number of seasons, everything alright? :)

you have certainly changed your tune Joe from the last number of seasons, everything alright? :)

How do ya mean? What I meant by my last post was if custom formations or tactics were banned then people would hardly go out of their way to try and change their formations/tactics on the sly!

I know though say if someone had a Bayern defence or some weak defensive team it could be very tough on them playing default.

Ara to be honest if people want to keep them for next season they can. Im only gone off using custom formations as I get a better feeling knowing I won a game or kept a clean sheet with a default formation and its handy when having a game at a friends. Saying that ACs defense is pretty damn good. If I was leaking goals with a Bayern id probably resort back. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

today was the first time I have played anyone using that fabled formation which pretty much gives you 6 defenders and 4 attackers. And this person was also someone who uses the cross button as a way of chipping the keeper. I have to say it is one bent way of playing the game. It makes it so boring. And the cross buttonto lob the keeper is just cheap but its in the game so whatever. I know people have debated this over and over but it is definitely the most boring way of playing. come and play normal and thats the only way to see who is best.

And im not mad because I lost.... I didnt. I figured it out pretty fast and came from 3 down to win 11-4. It just sucks tbh. :mad:

How do ya mean? What I meant by my last post was if custom formations or tactics were banned then people would hardly go out of their way to try and change their formations/tactics on the sly!

I know though say if someone had a Bayern defence or some weak defensive team it could be very tough on them playing default.

Ara to be honest if people want to keep them for next season they can. Im only gone off using custom formations as I get a better feeling knowing I won a game or kept a clean sheet with a default formation and its handy when having a game at a friends. Saying that ACs defense is pretty damn good. If I was leaking goals with a Bayern id probably resort back. :P

what would stop them? its completely unproveable, use a 4-2-2-2 as the base, adjust workrates, add a sprinking of Hokem 100% pressure custom tactics and hey presto=more moaning!

It's the person's choice that they wanted Bayern and they should know that they are not the strongest defensively.
    That's what the seedings are for to try and balance the players as best they can so if person X has a stronger team than player Y it's because they are judged better by the previous season or it's a personal choice that they went with Bayern.

It's the person's choice that they wanted Bayern and they should know that they are not the strongest defensively.
    That's what the seedings are for to try and balance the players as best they can so if person X has a stronger team than player Y it's because they are judged better by the previous season or it's a personal choice that they went with Bayern.

Its the persons choice they wanted Bayern sure...but they wont have much else to choose from. Coupled with the fact the league is getting tighter each season and then on top of that more and more are using custom tactics/formations.

I forgot to ask him yesterday but Mr.Robinson must of done something to his tactics as the way his team pressured me in our league game was REALLY tough play against. If I was using any team bar AC (of the weaker ones that is) id say he would of got a handy win against me!
    what would stop them? its completely unproveable, use a 4-2-2-2 as the base, adjust workrates, add a sprinking of Hokem 100% pressure custom tactics and hey presto=more moaning!

I know it would be impossible to prove but thats where id say everyone in the league would just have to be trusted not to go and do it.

• Advertisement

If I was using any team bar AC (of the weaker ones that is) id say he would of got a handy win against me!

Don't go putting down the weaker teams, Preston came out of the game against Man Utd quite pleased ;)

Advertisement