Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 7 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

raheny red wrote: »
    GG WP GL

Brought back down to earth with a bang. That 7 minute blitz in the first half did the damage and I couldn't recover. Carew's confidence was at an all time low and he couldn't finish his dinner. I think the 4-1 win for you was a bit flattering and 3-2 would have been a fairer reflection of the game. Don't get me wrong, you deserved the 3 points but a 3 goal win was a bit ott.

agree, you owned the second half, you were very un-lucky not to score more than you did! and 2 chances i was convinced it was going to go your way but i think i just got the luck of the draw with a 4-1 and it wasnt closer, but i wont complain :pac:!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Am I the only one who doesn't use custom tactics :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Online after the Europa League final, I've a good few people to play as I missed a week away. Catch me while I'm horribly out of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Moiph wrote: »

Nope ive seen the light! For this season anyways im 100% default everything. Partly due to Ac having a decent backline so I should be good enough to not leak goals and down to the fact Ive just gone off using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Moiph wrote: »

I should point out that all teams have a different set of custom tatics by default.

I don't mess with them or custom formations. But i have just learned to accept that others will use them and we have to deal with it.

• Advertisement

Ive always likened it to the difference between natural body building and Mr.Olympia...they had to separate the natural guys as they didnt have a chance to compete with their monster counterparts...we couldnt split up the league but it would be cool in the new fifa if there was an option to play games without changing tactics, formations or anything like that...you just pick a team and 10 sec later your playing...would mean that you didnt have people selecting the 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1 and editing work rates and runs,ranked matches or competitive gaming for millions of dollars in prize money and id change the hell out of everything because you cant compete otherwise, but its more the manner in which you win as opposed to the actual outcome.

Very impressed with Corcaigh this year...last year after i played him i said that he may have won it but i guess i preempted it a year because hes killing it now. Not surprised that the lower league lads are getting results either. I would have put money on my brother winning the league as well but I was a little off the mark but hes going to come good. I also see that no one picked Wolfsberg this year :o I think the league (judging by talking to people and looking at results) is a little fresher this year...people getting results off other people..im finding it interesting to follow...corcaighs to lose?? :p

Was thinking that myself. To just have a setting to turn off custom tactics/formations and just use what the game gives you. Even though ive lost a few this season im enjoying it more. I dont even bother changing anything in ranked games this time.

Definitely corcaighs to loose. His defending is like a well oiled machine. Custom tactics or not to of only let in 4 goals in the premiership is some going.

The best thing about Ac's team is their defense but its wierd im currently top scorer in the league! Pato is a bit of a beast though!

Will you be back next season Yapa?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well even if its not in the official rules, I would have no issues with doing the old honour bow before matches and agree to use default and not to manual chip. Who knows? it might catch on. :)

Kirby wrote: »
    Well even if its not in the official rules, I would have no issues with doing the old honour bow before matches and agree to use default and not to manual chip. Who knows? it might catch on. :)

Sure whats wrong with the manual chip? :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yapa you were already told..
    Mr Moon wrote: »
    [mod hat]Yapa you're not taking part in season 7 so can you stop posting on the thread or I'll start deleting the posts! [/mod hat]

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

League 1 Matches:
    I'll be on tonight from about 7 if anyone is around for our games?

Man Utd v Tottenham
    Tottenham v Real Madrid
    Tottenham v Barcelona

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

Man City v Aston Villa

Man City - Carefree Ste (Soby)

You around this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Online after the Europa League final, I've a good few people to play as I missed a week away. Catch me while I'm horribly out of practice.

EAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK:
    RESULT: Manchester United (RichieMUFC) 2-2 Real Madrid (greyhound12)

Could have done without the personal abuse before the game. Leave it out in future, no need for it at all. Good game.

ok im sorry Axwell iv got to reply to this msg this chap is clearly acting the bollox.

i was going to leave it go but another msg from rooney10 on xbox calling me a liar etc aswell as another little sly jab in the comment above, iv had enough. Rooney stop acting like a child who goes telling tales to his mammy if he gets upset.

1. yes i did call you a muppet (big deal) its hardly personal abuse!, the way you were acting i could have called you a lot worse.

2. ok so the 1st comment by rooney is proof that he said he'l be online trying to catch up with his games ( sounds like deja vu, last season ring any bells:D) so i wait for rooney to come online when he does i send him a msg on xbox for a league game while he's on the dashboard.

3. no reply for a good few min (nothing new) so then i check his profile and he's playing fifa world cup and then he replys to me saying " il invite you in a while" i simply replyed how long is a while il give you till 11 this was at 10.30! there was no deadline etc i was simply stating that i wont be waiting around all night for you which you obviously taught I would (which i had too).

4. rooney then replys "no need for the bitchy response cant you see it says im playing a ranked game on fifa world cup" etc etc. this when i called this chap a muppet because on fifa world cup it does not say what he is playing online it just says he's online!! but thats besides the point rooney10 stated he would be online after the fulham game, ignored my msgs turned on a differnt game, expected me to play when it suited him even though he clearly stated on boards he would be playing his league games after the fulham game, rooney you knew that i was waiting for you.

5. this is vintage rooney he turns on fifa10 eventually. i invited him to a league game and sent him a msg asking to invite me when he was ready, so again i get no reply for a good while, so i knew rooney went running to the mods telling tales more like lies i might add, as he told on me before for harrasment lol, and now personal abuse because i called him a muppet, then when i receive a warning from Axwell which we sorted out!, rooney then goes into another league match totally ignoring me again!!.

im not having rooney trying to get me into trouble by telling lies and acting like a 2 year old because his dummy fell out!!

rooney dont tell me too grow up when your the one who cant keep up to date with your fixtures aswell as being part of the reason why la liga was a disaster last season. going running to the mods over a bit of spilt milk you chilld and yes in my eyes that is acting the muppet.

sorry Axwell i would of left it go if it wasnt for that match report.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just to clarify mufcboy, he didnt come running to me to tell me. I was chatting to him at the time about other stuff while you were messaging each other and I told you this last night when I was chatting to you about it aswell.

At this stage you have both played your game and the result is posted, you both will only have to play each other once more and then you can just avoid each other so now you have both got your feelings across maybe its time to move on.

Axwell wrote: »
    Just to clarify mufcboy, he didnt come running to me to tell me. I was chatting to him at the time about other stuff while you were messaging each other and I told you this last night when I was chatting to you about it aswell.

At this stage you have both played your game and the result is posted, you both will only have to play each other once more and then you can just avoid each other so now you have both got your feelings across maybe its time to move on.

no prob im over that bridge now bud:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I don't know why you need to make stuff up, must be part of your agenda to play our game "on your terms". I would point out the absolute blatant lies, but I doubt anyone would give two sh!ts tbh, and I wouldn't even know where to bloody begin.

Really this league isn't fun any more. I'd just like a few sporting games of FIFA with some other Irish lads, bit of banter and all the rest, without the agro, is that too f*cking much to ask? Its turned into the exact opposite!

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

fairplay to corcaigh for getting better at this game. i gotta admit this league is tough and also playing like a gimp in every gme adds to dat.i think next season it would be a good idea not to use manual chips, custom tactics or custom formations. then you see better games instead off someone putting 3 defenders on their goal line having a chat with the fans they sooo deep

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I don't know why you need to make stuff up, must be part of your agenda to play our game "on your terms". I would point out the absolute blatant lies, but I doubt anyone would give two sh!ts tbh, and I wouldn't even know where to bloody begin.

Really this league isn't fun any more. I'd just like a few sporting games of FIFA with some other Irish lads, bit of banter and all the rest, without the agro, is that too f*cking much to ask? Its turned into the exact opposite!

Good luck!

well you obviously give 2 sh*ts about it if you keep replying, id love a few sportings games myself if only people like you played there fixtures on time and had the courtesy to reply with an appropriate answer rather than il play you later! i.e whenever the fook suits you!

your the one making stuff up all i can say to you is stop snitching and stop lying:) and grow up and oh ye stop acting the muppet:eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

storybud22 wrote: »
    fairplay to corcaigh for getting better at this game. i gotta admit this league is tough and also playing like a gimp in every gme adds to dat.i think next season it would be a good idea not to use manual chips, custom tactics or custom formations. then you see better games instead off someone putting 3 defenders on their goal line having a chat with the fans they sooo deep

A f****n boy the lad! That speech'd bring a tear to an auld shtone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

aboy mark lad. will ya be on later boiii.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Honestly, this is better than Maury sometimes!

MauryPovich-1.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

handbags-2.s600x600.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

I haven't been online much with the last week or two. Sorry for any inconvenience caused to whoever I haven't played.

From Monday on, I should be online every night I'd say. Mail me when you see me if we're due to play :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I'll be on for most of the night so if anyone wants to get our games done let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That crying yoke was strange! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Me and livelyjojo were trying to play our game yesterday. It was lagging to the max at the start of our first attept, quick exchange of msgs and we agreed to try again. Was lagging again at the next attempt and cant remember if we tried a third time or kept playing on our second, he sent me a msg saying to try later but I was going out so I just say to bare it out and we play it.

It got really bad in the 2nd half and with abut 20mins to go when I was 3-2 up, I get a msg saying I have been 'removed from the game for not controlling my player'? :confused:

Just wondering what happens..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Me and livelyjojo were trying to play our game yesterday. It was lagging to the max at the start of our first attept, quick exchange of msgs and we agreed to try again. Was lagging again at the next attempt and cant remember if we tried a third time or kept playing on our second, he sent me a msg saying to try later but I was going out so I just say to bare it out and we play it.

It got really bad in the 2nd half and with abut 20mins to go when I was 3-2 up, I get a msg saying I have been 'removed from the game for not controlling my player'? :confused:

Just wondering what happens..?

You forgot to mention that you scored your first goal when I was replying to your message and not in charge of my players :(
    I think we need to replay because you disconnected.
    Lets see what the mods have to say.

Before playing check your speeds and pings on speedtest.net

Replay the game once more and whatever the result is run with it and play the game out. You should both obviously make sure no one else is using the connection at the time and that the results of the speedtest match that of what your connections should be.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Will be on after 10 if any of the lads im supposed to play are about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Dunny! wrote: »
    Will be on after 10 if any of the lads im supposed to play are about

i have to play you from last week so ill be on

Advertisement