Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 7 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Niallth, you around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

LEAGUE NAME: League 1
    GAMEWEEK: May 21st
    RESULT: Chelsea (mailrewop) 3 - 6 Real Madrid (djc123abc)

what's up with all the celebrations. fair enough with 1 or 2 and even that's pushing it but celebrating after every goal. i never come on here talking about my games but that really annoyed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

lol celebrations are a part of the game :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

1stuey1 wrote: »

yea and is also unsporting behaviour and not allowed in the league unless this was changed

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Chelsea (mailrewop)

Barcelona (darsar)

Lads,

Have to play you from this weeks games.

You around tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Soby is no longer taking part in the league. All his games will be awarded as walkovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

part of the game but excessive celebrating isnt part of this league.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

It's bad etiquette to celebrate goals in the league matches!!
    Axwell wrote: »
    Soby is no longer taking part in the league. All his games will be awarded as walkovers.

Including the games he already played! I'll be updating the table later!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Axwell wrote: »

Old habits die hard :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

3 easy games this week. Looking forward to my 9 points. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Any league members interested in taking part in the World Cup Fantasy football league:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055923963

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

If anyone wants to join a second boards clubs I made a thread about it to voice interest. You really should get involved and try it out if you never have played it before.

This is Yapa btw. So if we get enough people then maybe we can get some more participation from the other non-Prem leagues. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

il be on in half hour if anyone wants to play

I've a ****load of games to get through if anyone can get online now??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

dang, top 5 in league one are so tight, im getting nervous :P

coming to the business end of the season now fellas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I've a ****load of games to get through if anyone can get online now??

How's Monday or Tuesday evening for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

joe123 wrote: »
    Im actually really pissed off about this. Nothing to do with the result but at 2-1 in a really tight game I was through one v one and hokem took me out and got his player sent off. Clear as day and it was meant despite whatever excuse your likely to come up with.

That sort of ****e is not on. You did that to me once before and I never mentioned it because you only got a yellow.

Stick to your ranked games if you wanna do that sort of crap.

My discipline record speaks for itself joe. Grow up a bit eh? Not everything needs to be so life and death. Calm down. I got a red card, it happens. Its only my first of the season i think.

Also your over-reliance on exploiting manual chipping will hurt your game in fifa 11. You should try and practice without it so you will be ready for the boards league for fifa 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Kirby wrote: »
    My discipline record speaks for itself joe. Grow up a bit eh? Not everything needs to be so life and death. Calm down. I got a red card, it happens. Its only my first of the season i think.

Also your over-reliance on exploiting manual chipping will hurt your game in fifa 11. You should try and practice without it so you will be ready for the boards league for fifa 11.

Ah indeed it does hokem but im sure you know that its against the rules to take out the last man so thats probably why you dont do it every game. But besides that its just not the done thing.

Secondly my over reliance on manual chips? How about your over reliance on custom tactics, custom formations and taking them set piece corners.

Just to remind you ive beaten you plenty of times before I started manual chipping.

The guy that sends me essays everytime he looses blaming something or other about his defeat. What was it last time? I was exploiting the fact that pato was quicker than your Bristol City defenders?

Im not to worried about my "game" in fifa 11. Il remind you I won two leagues without even knowing what manual chipping was.

Maybe you should spend less time tinkering with tactics and you might actually win a league sometime eh? ;)

That would be a good point...if it was true. Which it isn't. I've been using regular formations all season. That was Valencia's formation. Unaltered.

And both of those things will still be in fifa 11. Your cheater chip, will not. And you won both those leagues with 6-0-4. A custom formation. As soon as you went default, you started losing. You admitted it yourself. And I quote, "I went to my mates house and I was rubbish without my custom formation". You said that. More than once.

I don't know why you felt the need to come on boards and post hatemail anyway. You won the game. You chipped your way to victory and I'm sure you feel great about it. Why not just leave it there?

That would be a good point...if it was true. Which it isn't. I've been using regular formations all season. That was Valencia's formation. Unaltered.

And both of those things will still be in fifa 11. Your cheater chip, will not. And you won both those leagues with 6-0-4. A custom formation. As soon as you went default, you started losing. You admitted it yourself. And I quote, "I went to my mates house and I was rubbish without my custom formation". You said that. More than once.

I don't know why you felt the need to come on boards and post hatemail anyway. You won the game. You chipped your way to victory and I'm sure you feel great about it. Why not just leave it there?

I was saying I went to my mates house, used to playing that 6 at the back formation and was rubbish. You do realise I havent been constantly loosing since going default? Ive lost 5.

As well as I did in previous seasons I still lost!

Im using default all the time and am pretty happy with how im doing. Its only for my own enjoyment of the game that I use default now as I enjoy a win more with a default formation rather than messed up tactics and formations. Even up against custom formations which everyone admits give you a better advantage at winning, Im getting wins and playing pretty decent. So im happy.

Hokem we all know you have altered your tactics with pressure etc so dont try and act like you dont touch settings. Ive seen your formations and tactics and they are not unaltered..

I chipped my way to victory with my "cheater" chip? Just lol. Whos the one that needs to grow up? I scored what? 1 or 2 chips in that game? Whos to say I wouldnt of scored otherwise?

Also hit the crossbar and had the one on one where you felt the need to take my player out.

My annoyance isnt at the result anyways its at your blatant disregard for the rules and sportsmanship. You didnt want to loose so you resorted to cheating.

This isnt hatemail or any such nonsense. But doing it once fair enough but this is the second time youve done it and its not on. If everyone behaved like that the league would fall apart.

Thankfully they're not.

• Advertisement

Being lectured on sportsmanship by somebody willing to do anything to win, including exploiting, has a certain irony.

Regardless, no point in discussing this. Its just clogging up the thread with stuff people don't want to read. You can pm me if you want.

Being lectured on sportsmanship by somebody willing to do anything to win, including exploiting, has a certain irony.

Regardless, no point in discussing this. Its just clogging up the thread with stuff people don't want to read. You can pm me if you want.

Youve got to be taking the piss,seriously. Fill me in on all these details of doing anything to win via pm if you like. But honestly ive come to the conclusion that even if you shot a cow in a field youd argue that you were in the right, and probably believe it too.

To be honest I think everyone knows whos right and wrong in this argument. So Im going to finish this with a picture of a monkey holding a puppy.

cute-funny-animals-08.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

633585825237049699-MattDamon.jpg

What's happened to the championship table? Has Richie quit?

Yup

Pity, always entertaining playing Richie. Hope all is well man.

He just has too much other stuff on and hasnt the time to play his games so decided to drop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

moz wrote: »
    Pity, always entertaining playing Richie. Hope all is well man.

Thanks man, i have too much stuff going on at the moment, i'm just not going to be able to get my games done, no point in wasting peoples time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Chelsea - irishPOWER89 (mailrewop)

Barcelona - CaptainToastie (darsar)

AC Milan - niallish (Niallith)

I'll be on from 5.15 for about 2 hours if any of yiz fancy going toe-to toe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i forgot to say, well done to Nedved85 for picking up a point off Moose!

Advertisement