Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 7 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Yeah i felt quite bad about it tbh, but at the same time you played your back line so deep so its a case of apples and oranges, you can't moan about the manual chip and then exploit the custom formations. Also if you didn't want to take away from my performance you would not have posted about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

So I can't post about something that annoys me on the venting thread? As I said you played really well, I'm not taking anything away from your performance. I'm simply venting about the manual chip, not just that it was you in particular(and yes I'm aware that I mentioned this particular case involving you, I'm just moaning aboout it in general really :)) who used it as several others have used it against me as well like storybud and joe. I've vented about it before, and probably will again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah im probably going to sit out the next few leagues over it until fifa 11 rolls around . Ruins the game. Nobody is shooting anymore which is a shame.

and macken, packing the defense is a legitmate tactic. Inter Milan. Comparing that to an exploit like the chip is just way off base.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Parawind wrote: »
    Yeah i felt quite bad about it tbh, but at the same time you played your back line so deep so its a case of apples and oranges, you can't moan about the manual chip and then exploit the custom formations. Also if you didn't want to take away from my performance you would not have posted about it.

This sums it up perfectly imo. Manual chip is an exploit but custom formations are just another way that Fifa is broken. Both something wrong with the game but you cant complain about chipping when custom formations and negative tactics nearly break the game.

I had a look on the Fifa forums and there are just as many people wanting EA to take out custom formations/tactics for 11 than those giving out about chipping.

Its a matter of opinion of which you hate more. At the end of the day there both a bit ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

joe123 wrote: »
    This sums it up perfectly imo. Manual chip is an exploit but custom formations are just another way that Fifa is broken. Both something wrong with the game but you cant complain about chipping when custom formations and negative tactics nearly break the game.

I had a look on the Fifa forums and there are just as many people wanting EA to take out custom formations/tactics for 11 than those giving out about chipping.

Its a matter of opinion of which you hate more. At the end of the day there both a bit ****.

well said :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Anyone else not at all bothered by the manual chip?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

To be honest the whole thing has been debated to death on more than one occasion in the thread already.

Fair nuff. Please PM me with your answers folks.....

So on a more positive note, this world cup for the next season seems like a great idea, should keep things really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Yeah, should be good. Not looking forward to all the nasty custom formations people play though. So nice that nobody in league 1 played them. <3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

if ya's were good enough they wouldnt get a chance to use the manual chip lol only jokin, doesnt bother me anyway, never used it but couldnt be bothered too either

on a lighter note, i better get promoted from league 1 :D

Mr Moon wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: June 4th
    RESULT: Man City 4-1 Preston (parawind)

As a change from my normal moaning, i want to say to fair play to moon, it was a nice gesture of sportsmanship putting it into your own net after my stupidity of hammering the A button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Lamposts wrote: »
    Yeah, should be good. Not looking forward to all the nasty custom formations people play though. So nice that nobody in league 1 played them. <3
    I don't mind it for the world cup but if I get into the Premiership next year, I'd say I'll struggle big time against the manual chip and against custom formations.

The Championship is great - the standard is brilliant and there is very little custom formations and the manual chip is rarely used. Not to mention, there seems to be no moaning in this thread from championship lads, it's just the premiership that seem to like a good moan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

EAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK:May 21
    RESULT: Liverpool (looder) 1 -3 Chelsea (srooney)

Shocking tactics! Your time wasting was taking the piss throughout the second half. Most unenjoyable game I've had since I've joined the Fifa leagues here.
    user_offline.gif
    It never is enjoyable when you lose,get over yourself kid! what the hell are Shocking tactics? you not begin able to get the ball ,or me making a few subs?

Srooney03 wrote: »

Shocking tactics! Your time wasting was taking the piss throughout the second half. Most unenjoyable game I've had since I've joined the Fifa leagues here.
    user_offline.gif
    It never is enjoyable when you lose,get over yourself kid! what the hell are Shocking tactics? you not begin able to get the ball ,or me making a few subs?

If you were doing that passing it around your back four thing then thats bad form.

user_offline.gif
    I've no problem with losing at all. I've also no problem with your custom formation (these are allowed, nothing I can do about them) or whatever subs you made. My problem is the way you played when you got a second goal. There was 35 odd minutes left yet anytime your keeper got the ball you held it for the maximum to waste time - What's sporting about that? I don't know about you but I play to enjoy the game, not to win , especially the way you did it in that game.

Sorry for wasting 3-4 second that the game allows the keeper,next time i will kick it out straight away to please you!
    What was wrong with my Formation?was it too attacking for you? Was i too negitive for you?i suppose i should of scored more?
    Im sick of the women on there you say they wanna play for fun but yet bitch and moan about the smallest things and the real truth of the matter is they hate losing........Just play the game and stop moaning

Real Madrid V Arsenal

When are you free djc123abc? Just need to thump you and the league is mine. WOO.

Sorry for wasting 3-4 second that the game allows the keeper,next time i will kick it out straight away to please you!
    What was wrong with my Formation?was it too attacking for you? Was i too negitive for you?i suppose i should of scored more?
    Im sick of the women on there you say they wanna play for fun but yet bitch and moan about the smallest things and the real truth of the matter is they hate losing........Just play the game and stop moaning
    As I've said, I've no problem with you using custom formations or whatever type of formation you use or don't use! I've never bitched about losing a match on here and I've lost 5 so far this season and probably 7 or 8 last season and a good few in the qualifying league too. I've played you in each of those leagues and they've all been good hard games, with you coming out on top I think twice last season. I'd no problem with you winning any of them times as I thought you won fairly. You could/would have won this game too without the timewasting and thats what annoyed me. It's over now, let's just forget it. We're obviously not going to agree with one another.

Is Aston Villa - al dunne (alofthedunnes) still in the league? Any PM I've sent him when he's online or offline over past week or so just been ignored.

GG Andy. Most fustrating game I've ever played. United's ratings in defence were 9 10 9 9. Aaaaaaarrrrggggggg. G'luck with the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

Ya gg, tbh u were unlucky not to score when 1 on 1 with keeper

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK:June 4th
    RESULT: Atletico Madrid (evad_lhorg) 6 -6 Chelsea (srooney)

absolute sham of a player. clean through on goal he hacks me down. Uses manual chip. everything I hate about the game used by this guy. Yea I started celebrating because he kept getting jammy goals and deserved nothin from this.

i fouled you at the half way line you clown,i didnt chip you once i and you celebrated every goal like a fool ,what a waste of time you are, jesus didn't know i joined the ladies fifa league

andy125 wrote: »
    Ya gg, tbh u were unlucky not to score when 1 on 1 with keeper

He shoulda manual chipped.....:eek:

***runs away and hides***

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

i fouled you at the half way line you clown,i didnt chip you once i and you celebrated every goal like a fool ,what a waste of time you are, jesus didn't know i joined the ladies fifa league

SRooney, consider this a warning that if you dont change your tone and attitude towards other players in the league you wont be a part of any league let alone a ladies one.

I've won league 1. Simply the best, better than all the rest <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

@Mr. Moon: The result for Aston Villa v Real Madrid from May 28th was posted on page 6 of the results thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

GG Andy, thought I deserved at least a draw!
    Cant believe how unlucky I have been in 2nd half of season (I was muck in first half!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

looder wrote: »
    Is Aston Villa - al dunne (alofthedunnes) still in the league? Any PM I've sent him when he's online or offline over past week or so just been ignored.

I am but am struggling to get on much because of work/kid/world cup competition. If you've mailed me and it was ignored it's because I was having a quick offline game with my mate and I forgot to mail you back before I turned Xbox off. Sorry about that.

I'm gonna make a big effort over the weekend and early next week to catch up with my games. Anyone that can get on (especially on Monday/Tuesday evening) mail me the best time to get you.

Axwell wrote: »
    SRooney, consider this a warning that if you dont change your tone and attitude towards other players in the league you wont be a part of any league let alone a ladies one.

Axwell see it my my view,iv played 2 seasons with you guys lost many games and never ever complained,suddenly 2day my keeper holds onto the ball of 2 seconds extra and we have all this moaning about nothing,fair enough we get over that!
    then out of nowhere i get we get evad_lhorg who clearly read what happined earlier in the day and decides to make up a load of lies(i dont even know how to manual chip..but i sure am going to look into that now) after he celebated every goal and hated the fact he couldnt beat my ten men that i had of 70mins.....awh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Axwell see it my my view,iv played 2 seasons with you guys lost many games and never ever complained,suddenly 2day my keeper holds onto the ball of 2 seconds extra and we have all this moaning about nothing,fair enough we get over that!
    then out of nowhere i get we get evad_lhorg who clearly read what happined earlier in the day and decides to make up a load of lies(i dont even know how to manual chip..but i sure am going to look into that now) after he celebated every goal and hated the fact he couldnt beat my ten men that i had of 70mins.....awh well

Mate, no one on here would condone celebrating every goal and evad_lhorg was out of order if he did that, but the league games need to be played in a certain spirit. Knocking the ball around your back four and making multiple substitutions in the 78th minute when you are 4-0 up (like you did against me) is not really on. Also coming on here and calling someone a clown isn't on. This isn't a ladies league, but it isn't a kids league either.

Advertisement