Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 7 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

moz wrote: »
    Mate, no one on here would condone celebrating every goal and evad_lhorg was out of order if he did that, but the league games need to be played in a certain spirit. Knocking the ball around your back four and making multiple substitutions in the 78th minute when you are 4-0 up (like you did against me) is not really on. Also coming on here and calling someone a clown isn't on. This isn't a ladies league, but it isn't a kids league either.

Begin call a Sham any on either bud!
    Ok so now i cant make subs.......This is like playing MW2 and you telling me i cant use certain guns!
    Anybody else want a moan cause this is getting boring now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Srooney03 wrote: »

Ok so now i cant make subs.......This is like playing MW2 and you telling me i cant use certain guns!

Reading your posts is hurting my eyes

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Srooney03 wrote: »

I gave you a warning because of the personal abuse and name calling, it wont be tolerated. Last man tackles or hacking players down isnt sporting either. As regards making subs I dont see a problem with you making substitutions so dont have any issue with that but coming on calling someone a clown and giving abuse isnt on hence your warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

zefer wrote: »
    GG Andy, thought I deserved at least a draw!
    Cant believe how unlucky I have been in 2nd half of season (I was muck in first half!!)

Yes i think so too, u were very hard to play against

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

I am but am struggling to get on much because of work/kid/world cup competition. If you've mailed me and it was ignored it's because I was having a quick offline game with my mate and I forgot to mail you back before I turned Xbox off. Sorry about that.

I'm gonna make a big effort over the weekend and early next week to catch up with my games. Anyone that can get on (especially on Monday/Tuesday evening) mail me the best time to get you.
    Hi, No problem at all. I was just wondering is all as I think if I win I'm promoted (although it might be best if I don't win as I'll struggle up there :o )

I should be on myself a bit over the weekend so hopefully we'll both be on at same time. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

looder wrote: »
    (although it might be best if I don't win as I'll struggle up there :o )

Don't go putting yourself down, you don't know until you try and at the same time they won't know what to expect from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

why do the better skilled players get 1st choice of teams ? it make more sense for lesser skilled to have first choice to level things up, im sick of losing 7-1 and seeing my sluggish defence outpaced every game .

niallith wrote: »
    why do the better skilled players get 1st choice of teams ? it make more sense for lesser skilled to have first choice to level things up, im sick of losing 7-1 and seeing my sluggish defence outpaced every game .

eh the lesser skilled players do have first choice......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Still have to play Stan Beardfacay, Robinson and Corcaigh. I'll be on tomorrow night after the world cup if any of you guys will be on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Kirby and Bud, tonight is probably the last chance I'll get on before the weekend to play our matches! Let me know if you're around (well I know you will be, just will you play) :D

• Advertisement

Anyone that has still to play me (Man City) in the Championship, I will be on tonight. Might as well get this season over and be relegated for the second successive season :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Kirby and Bud, tonight is probably the last chance I'll get on before the weekend to play our matches! Let me know if you're around (well I know you will be, just will you play) :D

Aye. only got a couple of games left to play. Ill be on again tonight :).

I have both my games against nedved to play and I'm a little worried that he keeps appearing offline to play COD. :( Hope he is available before Friday.

Only two games left vs nedved. hoped to get them played soon!

oh and one other thing.
    Mr Moon wrote: »

Seriously Bud 8 at the back??? 6 manual chips in case anyone was interested, first goal went in on the stroke of half time!!

Right you are! Can we please revisit the discussion of banning this for next season? its completely ruined the art of finishing.

I second that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well hopefully if Fifa 11 follows the Fifa WC game chipping the keeper wont be anywhere as easy. Manual chips and even chipping the keeper normally are a lot harder in the World Cup game.

That's very true actually. If Fifa 11 is going to be anything like the WC game it's going to be a winner. And from what I've read it's going to be even better again.

Definitely, got it there last week and its a vast improvement on Fifa 10 already.So if they take that and use it in Fifa 11 and keep working on it between now and the release then it should be a fantastic game!

It's a pity everyone who's doing the WC on here doesn't have the WC game to play it on, would have been way better.

Well some people didnt see the point shelling out for it since its solely a WC game but have to say after playing a few games of it I just thought it was so much better than Fifa 10. Definitely recommend people even try rent it or pick it up cheap after the World Cup.

Kirby wrote: »
    Right you are! Can we please revisit the discussion of banning this for next season? its completely ruined the art of finishing.

here! here! Playing so many men at the back and so deep is ruining matches. Custom formations should be banned glad to see you have turned a corner on this issue. :D
    Moiph wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership

GAMEWEEK: May 28th

RESULT: Real Madrid (Moiph) 2 - 2 Barcelona (Stan Beardfacay)

I think this point has me safe from relegation!

I'm afraid not quite yet, you need something from your last game or i could still pip you on goal difference if i win my last one. But its looking unlikely we will get our last games played since Mr. Robinson hasn't been on xbox live for several days. So it may just end the way it is which would be a shame cause i'd love to see how our 2 games would turn out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Parawind wrote: »
    here! here! Playing so many men at the back and so deep is ruining matches. Custom formations should be banned glad to see you have turned a corner on this issue. :D

I'm afraid not quite yet, you need something from your last game or i could still pip you on goal difference if i win my last one. But its looking unlikely we will get our last games played since Mr. Robinson hasn't been on xbox live for several days. So it may just end the way it is which would be a shame cause i'd love to see how our 2 games would turn out.

Exactly. Even though Corcaigh (and apparently more of you think ive been messing with my tactics) I used default this season.

If we are banning Manual chipping (which doesnt bother me) then ban custom tactics and formations aswell.

Fifa 11 won't be out until october. There will be atleast 2 more seasons on boards before it hits the shelves. two more seasons of people exploiting their way to victory does not really appeal to a fair few league dwellers.

Why do we have to wait until then to remove it?

Kirby wrote: »
    Fifa 11 won't be out until october. There will be atleast 2 more seasons on boards before it hits the shelves. two more seasons of people exploiting their way to victory does not really appeal to a fair few league dwellers.

Why do we have to wait until then to remove it?

Ban the two. Problem solved.

So having a defense playing deep in a game which simulates football, and can actually happen in football for real, should be banned compared to a glitch in a game which leads to an easy(and cheap) goal? :rolleyes:

What I also don't understand about this is, to use the manual chip you have to have your crossing on assisted yes? Which is against the rules...and there's people on here who openly admit to using the manual chip therefore admitting to breaking the rules of the league? Unless of course it can be done without assisted crossing then I take this part back.

This really has been debated beyond belief. Meh.

So having a defense playing deep in a game which simulates football and can actually happen in football for real should be banned compared to a glitch in a game which leads to an easy(and cheap) goal? :rolleyes:

No its the lads having players in strange positions or having 6 at the back or in buds case 8 at the back.

Everyone knows what normal formations look like, but one look at the way some teams line out is crazy.

Whats wrong with lads using the games default formations? Or the ones that they have pre made for you? And then just use the slider mid game if you want to drop back deep or push up?

Ok understandable complaints. But what have you got to say about the manual chip then? You frequently use it, and you know it annoys a lot of people as well...so why use it? You're a good player in the league and to be honest you don't need to use it to win.

Ok understandable complaints. But what have you got to say about the manual chip then? You frequently use it, and you know it annoys a lot of people as well...so why use it? You're a good player in the league and to be honest you don't need to use it to win.

Yeah its a cheap way of scoring but ive conceeded plenty from it aswell. Il stop using it if the custom formations get banned aswell, no problem. I only started using it during this season.

I pity poor Moon and Axwell having to listen to all of this when the season ends :D

I pity poor Moon and Axwell having to listen to all of this when the season ends :D

ah they are immune to it at this stage, just imagine the stick that EA have to deal with just from all the bitching in fifa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

So having a defense playing deep in a game which simulates football, and can actually happen in football for real, should be banned compared to a glitch in a game which leads to an easy(and cheap) goal? :rolleyes:

What I also don't understand about this is, to use the manual chip you have to have your crossing on assisted yes? Which is against the rules...and there's people on here who openly admit to using the manual chip therefore admitting to breaking the rules of the league? Unless of course it can be done without assisted crossing then I take this part back.

You can do the manual chip on assisted and manual settings...no rules broken

People are always going to alter formations...whats the first thing people are going to do on fifa 11..check and see if the custom formations work as well and prob check the manual chip

Theres a reason why they ban them in most fifa tournaments...looking forward to playing you lad again in two seasons. Still the Prem champ for a few days lol.

Advertisement