Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 7 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Moiph wrote: »
    So having a defense playing deep in a game which simulates football, and can actually happen in football for real, should be banned compared to a glitch in a game which leads to an easy(and cheap) goal? :rolleyes:

What I also don't understand about this is, to use the manual chip you have to have your crossing on assisted yes? Which is against the rules...and there's people on here who openly admit to using the manual chip therefore admitting to breaking the rules of the league? Unless of course it can be done without assisted crossing then I take this part back.

This really has been debated beyond belief. Meh.

No the manual chip is just what its called.It can be done on the games default settings, but its still a cheap way of scoring a goal.

As Yapa said some people could still change some of their formations and tactics and it be very hard spot. Corcaigh only earlier was saying how he thought I had altered mine in some way which I havent by the way.

It would be a very hard rule implement and while I could see most being honest there are a few who would probably do it on the sly, no names being mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Ok well fair enough if no rules are being broken. But it still irritates the bejesus out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Ok well fair enough if no rules are being broken. But it still irritates the bejesus out of me!

The manual chip can usually only be done when there are no opposing players other than the keeper between you and goal so in essence you have a 1v1 chance to score...from a defensive standpoint if someone gets 4-5 manual chips against you then thats 4-5 1v1 opportunity chances created by the attacking player. 10/10 if your straight at goal and a certain yardage from it its a cheap goal but its not easy to do from other areas on the pitch, scoring it from the corner of the edge of the penalty area for instance is v.difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'd rather someone get a goal normally if they're through 1v1 with the keeper, at least I know my keeper might still have a chance of saving it if it's a normal shot and not some glitch.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I pity poor Moon and Axwell having to listen to all of this when the season ends :D

When the Season ends, ha if only. Its an ongoing thing through the thread since Fifa 10 came out.
    Parawind wrote: »
    ah they are immune to it at this stage, just imagine the stick that EA have to deal with just from all the bitching in fifa.

I think a list should be put together from boards with all the complaints about Fifa 10 and its flaws so they arent in Fifa 11 and send it to EA! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

There is a thread on the ea forums dedicated to listing faults that should b fixed for fifa11, which "the developers are totally checking thoroughlly and intend on adressing every single problem... What? just a place to hide away all the bitchers?? No! Thats nonsense! EA loves every single one of its customers....."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There are no prizes for winning in this. We are playing because we like to. And we are in a league because we don't want to have to deal with cheating against randomers. And this is what it should all be about. Creating a league for some good games.

Anything that makes for better games should be done. Formations and tactics are part of the game, but if removing the custom ones makes for a better league, lets do it! Why not? Whats stopping us?

Having a laugh and testing your skill is what its about. If you can win a league with a custom formation but cannot win without it then it proves it was giving you an advantage and you didn't win it on your own merit. You should be winning it on your own merit. If this was some world tourney with glory and money, winning at all costs would be par for the course. I accept that. But this league isnt. Its an organised mess about and we should be promoting fair play.

Why feel the need to use an exploit to score your goals? Its cheap and requires very little skill. The devs have referred to it as an exploit already in their interviews. But even if they hadn't, its ruining the games. People aren't shooting anymore. A few people started doing it, then everyone else follows suit because if you can't beat em, you have to join em. Thats rubbish.

Default everything and no manual chipping. Why can't we trial it for a season? It would make for better games and more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Kirby wrote: »
    There are no prizes for winning in this. We are playing because we like to. And we are in a league because we don't want to have to deal with cheating against randomers. And this is what it should all be about. Creating a league for some good games.

Anything that makes for better games should be done. Formations and tactics are part of the game, but if removing the custom ones makes for a better league, lets do it! Why not? Whats stopping us?

Having a laugh and testing your skill is what its about. If you can win a league with a custom formation but cannot win without it then it proves it was giving you an advantage and you didn't win it on your own merit. You should be winning it on your own merit. If this was some world tourney with glory and money, winning at all costs would be par for the course. I accept that. But this league isnt. Its an organised mess about and we should be promoting fair play.

Why feel the need to use an exploit to score your goals? Its cheap and requires very little skill. The devs have referred to it as an exploit already in their interviews. But even if they hadn't, its ruining the games. People aren't shooting anymore. A few people started doing it, then everyone else follows suit because if you can't beat em, you have to join em. Thats rubbish.

Default everything and no manual chipping. Why can't we trial it for a season? It would make for better games and more fun.

would be bloody great but it would be chaos to govern it, theres more dishonesty than honesty around here, in the top division anyway. pity the next league is on fifa 10 at all, would love a league on fifa 09 again or the new world cup game.

The manual chip can usually only be done when there are no opposing players other than the keeper between you and goal so in essence you have a 1v1 chance to score...from a defensive standpoint if someone gets 4-5 manual chips against you then thats 4-5 1v1 opportunity chances created by the attacking player. 10/10 if your straight at goal and a certain yardage from it its a cheap goal but its not easy to do from other areas on the pitch, scoring it from the corner of the edge of the penalty area for instance is v.difficult.

BS, you try it from all sorts of angles and you try the crossing in goal as well which is miles out! fair enough, the percentages decrease but it still has a great chance if you're good at them.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    would be bloody great but it would be chaos to govern it, theres more dishonesty than honesty around here, in the top division anyway. .

it wouldnt really. People would follow suit. Only default formations. None from specific teams and none from custom made. The standard ones on the list. They are symmetical and plain as day. Most people are honest. And the dishonest people we have would be too afraid of getting caught and being embarrassed on the forum.

Same applies for cheater chipping. Shots to goals stat at the end of the game would prove it so people won't be able to do it. Besides, im convinced 90% of people don't want the chip and only do it because they feel they have to.....so will welcome it and won't ever try it.

It would work.

• Advertisement

id love to believe that okem, i really do but you just know the likes of kirk and probably bud will mess with the workrates and stuff anyway when the need arises and then defend themselves to the hilt regardless. if that happens and it most probably would, its yet again your word against theirs, unproveable, back to square 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

first off against u mousse i did not play 8-0-2 i played 4 two deep cdms 2 midfielders 2 strikers. get ur facts straight. i did score 6 manual chips but it is allowed so need to comment on how i scored. corcaigh your saying i would mess with work rates or what not. ive never messed with workrates on any of my formations. ive played custom formations 3times out of about 60 games. you have the best team but you play a negative formation and then saying i wouldnt be honest. i think you should just zip it. i would not chip or not play custom formations and that would benifit me.everyone knows i only play 7-0-3 in ranked matches.

storybud22 wrote: »
    first off against u mousse i did not play 8-0-2 i played 4 two deep cdms 2 midfielders 2 strikers. get ur facts straight. i did score 6 manual chips but it is allowed so need to comment on how i scored. corcaigh your saying i would mess with work rates or what not. ive never messed with workrates on any of my formations. ive played custom formations 3times out of about 60 games. you have the best team but you play a negative formation and then saying i wouldnt be honest. i think you should just zip it. i would not chip or not play custom formations and that would benifit me.everyone knows i only play 7-0-3 in ranked matches.

bud, you had 8 players in your own half in our first league game and it sounds like you played the exact same formation against Moon. i think its you that needs to get your facts straight. we are not idiots bud, i know what i saw, it was blantantly in front of me.

anyway, enough, moon already said no more ****e about formations.

bud, you had 8 players in your own half in our first league game and it sounds like you played the exact same formation against Moon. i think its you that needs to get your facts straight. we are not idiots bud, i know what i saw, it was blantantly in front of me.

anyway, enough, moon already said no more ****e about formations.

Ive seen his formations and he hasnt got a clue about work rates or runs, he just plays a custom 4-2-2-2 and LT's and backtracks with all his players. Sure enough the formation is negative but its nowhere near as bad as other people ive played against. Dont drop my brothers name in with anyone else, he is a good player regardless of formations and played the majority of his matches default everything default chelsea...not what some of you lads are playing...eg. man utd with real madrid formation and arsenal tactics...how is that default anything?

Also of course I can do the manual chip even if there is someone in front of me hence why I said 'usually' in my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

thats the exact formation i used against mousse. i do backtrack with my players but every good payer does that.i did play 6-0-4 against corcaigh but it didnt work. but it was slighty tweaked formation against mousse. mousse you play same formation anyway. you never have midfielders when i play you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Some of yee lads really need to take a step back and see how silly some of yee look and are sounding!

It's a fecking football game for christ sake.

Indeed. Stop bickering and lets get back to discussing how to make next season better. Namely the stuff I mentioned on the last page. Boards default league :D

Kirby wrote: »
    Indeed. Stop bickering and lets get back to discussing how to make next season better. Namely the stuff I mentioned on the last page. Boards default league :D

How about a manual league? manual passing and shooting and crossing...games might end up 0-0 :o

id love to believe that okem, i really do but you just know the likes of kirk and probably bud will mess with the workrates and stuff anyway when the need arises and then defend themselves to the hilt regardless. if that happens and it most probably would, its yet again your word against theirs, unproveable, back to square 1.

Right hang on a second here. Ive stated numerous times this season from the off that I was going all default with Ac Milan. And thats exactly what I did.

Corcaigh I dont know why all of a sudden youve turned on me like this, we always got on and I thought you were a real sound fella and good for a few friendly games of fifa. Not once have I changed from my formation all season, ive used default tactics defualt everything in the boards league and even in Ranked matches.

Its actually making me want to just quit the boards league now. Ive always admitted when ive done something wrong as in terms of moaning alot when I loose or trying to find an excuse but NEVER have I lied about my tactics and Im one of the most honest players here when it comes to that.

I never once tweaked runs or player movement or any of that stuff.

Id appreciate a response on here as your making me out to be a liar when im not. Bud as far as I know used default tactics aswell bar the times he used custom formations in one or two games and Yapa has backed him up on that.

Now all of a sudden you seem to have tagged me as dishonest and basically a liar. I have no one to back me up.

I loved playing the boards league and enjoyed the competitive honest matches bar the one game against hokem this season where he took my man out.

I know its a game but in fairness just being called a liar all of a sudden when you couldnt be further from to truth is just not fair.

Is it just that the "gang" of lads that chat over live have come to the conclusion that I must be changing something? And now your just posting it up here like its the truth? Seriously this isnt on.

joe123 wrote: »

Bud as far as I know used default tactics aswell bar the times he used custom formations in one or two games and Yapa has backed him up on that.

This is true, hes messed about for a very small amount of games...anyway I live with him so I can always just see for myself...and so can macken and hokem because they live together.

*rumors of a will and grace type relationship will change the topic sharpish*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

This is true, hes messed about for a very small amount of games...anyway I live with him so I can always just see for myself...and so can macken and hokem because they live together.

Since when? nobody told me you moved in.

*rumors of a will and grace type relationship will change the topic sharpish*

Dont think they live together. But you see you can back up the story bud was telling the truth even though corcaigh came on here and said bud was lying.

Im in the exact same boat except I stuck with my orginal plan of staying default all season. I really enjoyed playing with Ac and feel im a better defender now for it.

Id be all for the default everything league just to see how it runs and to avoid any hassle (eg me using milans default for south korea) just make everyone use whatever teams original formation is.

After that its down to good sportsmanship and dare I say it honesty that players wont adjust workrates and such. Hand on heart I have never or wont do it.

I guess I should take corcaighs accusations as a compliment of how well I defended this season if he thinks I went to the bother of cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

everybody shoud just pick the same team and see who comes out on top e.g. West Ham or something :D

i'd be on for a season with default everything, all the complaints the last few seasons have been about formations and chips, as the lads said, once one person did it nearly everybody else followed suit.

and if you pick a team then you pick them as you like playing with them and that includes their "default" formation. Shooting from tip off is not allowed as that was an "exploit" in fifa 09 then why continue to allow that type of shot that is the "exploit" in fifa 10

Town Man wrote: »
    everybody shoud just pick the same team and see who comes out on top e.g. West Ham or something :D

i'd be on for a season with default everything, all the complaints the last few seasons have been about formations and chips, as the lads said, once one person did it nearly everybody else followed suit.

and if you pick a team then you pick them as you like playing with them and that includes their "default" formation. Shooting from tip off is not allowed as that was an "exploit" in fifa 09 then why continue to allow that type of shot that is the "exploit" in fifa 10

Well if people had to pick a team and use the default formation lads will be looking for a team with 2 CDM's, best off saying do what you want, telling people not to do something and trust them to follow through with it or just getting everyone to play a 4-4-2 for any and every team.

Also the halfway line shot in 09 was unstoppable..kick off..then BOOM! In order to score the 'exploit' in 10 you have to give someone a 1v1 (apart from me lol). But it is defendable...me and my bro play offline sometimes and we can play the whole game without giving away a manual chip chance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Custom Formations: You are the manager of the team you pick, you can play them anyway you want to!! People have different styles of playing and need to ajust their team to suit their style of play! Nothing wrong with them.

Manual chips: Yeah we hate when we let in a goal like that, it mainly come down to defending and your opponents ability to execute it, most of them are scored from a one on one, it's just you're more likely to score from the manual chip, but it's gone from next season in Fifa 11 so you wont see the likes of bud et al putting in massive scores as much!!

None of these will ever be banned from our leagues and if you're not happy, well the door is just over there!!!

I've never met as big a bunch of whiners as I have on this forum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Looks like i won't get my last chance at survival since Mr. Robinson hasn't been online all week :(

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Custom Formations: You are the manager of the team you pick, you can play them anyway you want to!! People have different styles of playing and need to ajust their team to suit their style of play! Nothing wrong with them.

Manual chips: Yeah we hate when we let in a goal like that, it mainly come down to defending and your opponents ability to execute it, most of them are scored from a one on one, it's just you're more likely to score from the manual chip, but it's gone from next season in Fifa 11 so you wont see the likes of bud et al putting in massive scores as much!!

None of these will ever be banned from our leagues and if you're not happy, well the door is just over there!!!

I've never met as big a bunch of whiners as I have on this forum!!

cool door!

mark said something so true, manual chip is an exploit, it wasnt meant to be in the game at all and neither were halfway line tip off shots in 09. the chip, just like the tip off shot SHOULD be banned.

why cant we vote on it? the leagues should include and welcome feedback from its players. since ive started in the Premiership anyway, that hasnt been the case at all.

During league response: "We shall be looking at the issue during the off-season and look at addressing it, thank you for your feedback-Regards, Moooose

During off-season response: "This is the way it is, like it or lump it, not changing anything ANYTHING! POWER TRIP!!!! How you like those apples, Axwell.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It was discussed during the off season and we said it would be impossible to monitor it because it would be one persons word against another at the end of the day. People said theres a yellow x to show it was a manual shot which was true but again people are just going to argue over whether or not someone saw an x or didnt on the screen, or if it was a normal chip or a manual chip. If someone scores a chip shot they will automatically get accused of using an exploit if it wins a game for them.

How are we to judge who is telling the truth or lying if it comes down to it. Theres already enough bickering over formations,tactics,passing it around the back four and accusations of people lying and cheating in one form or another throughout the thread. Why do people suddenly thing this will change and honesty will prevail? Yes its an exploit in the game, but one that has been fixed in the Fifa WC game so its expected it will be the same for Fifa 11. Therefore it shouldnt be an issue in the league anymore. That being said im sure there will be something else to take its place and people will use that instead but thats for another thread.

yea i know where you're coming from alright but if it was banned, i think everyone would stop doing it, not just for the fact thats its banned but also for the fear if they get found out over the forums. ok if someone is accused once, its hard to prove but if someone gets accused of it more than once, a bad rep builds up an it becomes easier for you to act upon it.

sur, you couldnt enforce the halfway tip off shot but ya banned it anyway and it helped hugely, why not for this too?

• Advertisement

Well like I said its supposed to be fixed in Fifa 11 so that means it shouldnt be an issue anymore in the league. If something else replaces it we can only address that at the time.

Also just because more than one person accuses someone of doing something doesnt necessarily mean they did it. Its quite easy for one person to accuse someone of doing something because they thought it was a chip shot, or a custom formation, or say that they were over celebrating, passing around the back four or whatever else and others to jump on the band wagon accusing that person.

We dont have a way to prove who is right or wrong and I dont think we can rely on honesty and one persons word over another as a means of deciding who is telling the truth if there is an issue and trying to act on it. There is only so much we can do with what we are given. Fifa 10 has this exploit and people chose to use it, Fifa should have patched it so that it wasnt possible but they didnt so there isnt much we can do.

Advertisement