Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 7 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

storybud22 wrote: »
    my bro was seeded 1st yesterday now hes vanished. its a shame he quit as i was looking froward to the challenge hopefully the rest of the league pick good teams. we probably should let parawind repick a good team. i want all the players in the league to pick the strongest team available to them. the league was fun last season. the premiership seemed like a bit of craic:)

I can't wait to beat you Storybud :D

and Joe it's L-O-S-E not Loose :)

Forza Inter!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

my bro was seeded 1st yesterday now hes vanished. its a shame he quit as i was looking froward to the challenge hopefully the rest of the league pick good teams. we probably should let parawind repick a good team. i want all the players in the league to pick the strongest team available to them. the league was fun last season. the premiership seemed like a bit of craic:)

Yeah he PM'd saying he didn't want to take part in the league.

If it was fun last season what's your reason for going behind our backs with a plan to disrupt the league? I think it's childish and disrespectful to Axwel and myself, who put a lot of time into running the leagues to put up with all this B.S.!

Nobody will be re picking teams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

wasnt my idea moon. i said to the lads i would only do it if the whole league done it.i love the league. bud is angry:mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

wasnt my idea moon. i said to the lads i would only do it if the whole league done it.i love the league. bud is angry:mad:

Why would you think the whole league would do it. Neither myself nor Moon ever suggested there would be 3 star teams. So thats basically you and others ("the lads") going behind our back with your own plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

There's only one person picked a shíte team.

Fúck him. It's his own choice and whoever wins the league won it fair and square.

• Advertisement

i said it would be a good idea. i thought off making another league separate to the boards league.other people said it wouldn't work. i was the one in a party pleading with parawind to pick a good team even ask corcaigh and kirk.
    i might turn into cashel hulk with all this rage:mad:

it would not feel the same taste as victory without parawind. he is good player:)

im also surprised im seeded first. i thought kirk might be seeded first as he won the league and was runner up.but i hope it will be enjoyable:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Lads claim down, the league is suppose to be fun remember, i am the only one to pick a 3 star team so far and theres nothing in the rules saying you have to pick the next strongest team. I didn't pick it out of spite or some childish attempt to ruin the league, i did it cause i thought it would be fun. As for some sort of master plan it was only bud who started calling it that. I fully respect the effort put into the league by moon and axwell, i simply decided to go a different way with my team pick this season.

Obviously though we only have the illusion of the freedom to pick who we want and if its pissing people off as much as this then scrap my pick and i'll pick last.

Also Bud i'm surprised you are so vocally critical since you almost ruined the fl360 league with your retarded idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

There's only one person picked a shíte team.

No, Nedved picked Liverpool :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Parawind wrote: »
    Obviously though we only have the illusion of the freedom to pick who we want and if its pissing people off as much as this then scrap my pick and i'll pick last.

You obviously missed the part above where I said people are free to pick who they want. You have made your team pick freely already so there wont be a need to scrap it and let you pick last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

moz wrote: »
    No, Nedved picked Liverpool :p

lol, true, and i hate the cnuts!

my idea wasn't retarded that people could buy players from different leagues. its impossible to get good players.good idea maybe with a bit of tweaking.3star teams is a good idea but parawind you should off picked a good team imo. i did ask you a million times:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm not one to normally get into the politics on here, but what the hell is going on there? Yes people can pick who they want, and they could be a one star team for all I care, that's not the problem. What gets me is the fact that this was obviously talked about between whoever decided they wanna pick lower rated teams as a way to see how everyone would react to it.

Of course I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

i wanted to win the league honestly or try anyway.there is no joy in winning the league when certain players are at a disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Pick your teams yet story?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Lads id just like to say that Storybud was trying to convince Parawind and co to NOT pick the 3 star teams but to pick a proper team so I dont really know why your getting on his back about it.

I only found out about it about two days ago that there was something going on after I kept on to them to tell me what they were up to and I think I put my point across to the 3 star lads that they would ruin the league for people if they did it.

I didnt bring it up on the forum because I honestly I didnt think theyd go ahead with it so saw no point in making a big deal out of it then.

Yapa I asked what was your reason for wanting to do it and you never gave me one. You mentioned how you hated the Custom tactics and formations which is fair enough but wouldnt Hokem (as an example) just use his same tactics/formation for scunthorpe or whatever ****y team he picks as he would for city?

To me it just seems ye wanted to mess up the league for no reason but yere own amusement.

And as Richie said, Axwell and Moon have this running and organised so well it was in really bad taste to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

joe123 wrote: »

I didnt bring it up on the forum because I honestly I didnt think theyd go ahead with it so saw no point in making a big deal out of it then.

Yapa I asked what was your reason for wanting to do it and you never gave me one. You mentioned how you hated the Custom tactics and formations which is fair enough but wouldnt Hokem (as an example) just use his same tactics/formation for scunthorpe or whatever ****y team he picks as he would for city?

And thats why I PM'd moose last night and told him I was dropping out. I realized that it would be a different box but same content. For whatever you lads think is or is not acceptable in the league it got a little out of hand with regard to people wanting to win at all costs. What ever happened to playing it arcade style and just picking the team and playing with what formation and tactics come with the game. Of course some teams will 'play' better than others but thats where match ups come into play. Ive always been against tinkering with formations and tactics and I think I proved last season that it can work, even with an inferior team. The league would just have gotten more competitive especially with the 3 promoted from the champ. Prob the best looking Prem for ages but then that leads to pressure, pressure to win; at all costs. Pressure to win at all costs does not go hand in hand with a fun and friendly environment so I left.

If people can get away with things and cant be found out they will use it all the time. There is no such thing as a level playing field in this game while tactics and formations can be altered. I for one would have been challenging for the Prem title if I had picked Boro as they had (before the update) ridiculous gas everywhere. Anyway to summarize I left as it would have been the same old story as last season but turned all the way up to eleven. We arent playing for money or ranked points or anything close to that, its meant to be a bit of fun. Its getting to the situation where if someone asks a guy for a friendly and instead of saying 'yes' or 'no' I ask them first 'can I use custom formations and tactics?'. Its not fun.

20090403-er5idhy78nc8can68wg88qje94.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Srooney03

Its still fun to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

And thats why I PM'd moose last night and told him I was dropping out. I realized that it would be a different box but same content. For whatever you lads think is or is not acceptable in the league it got a little out of hand with regard to people wanting to win at all costs. What ever happened to playing it arcade style and just picking the team and playing with what formation and tactics come with the game. Of course some teams will 'play' better than others but thats where match ups come into play. Ive always been against tinkering with formations and tactics and I think I proved last season that it can work, even with an inferior team. The league would just have gotten more competitive especially with the 3 promoted from the champ. Prob the best looking Prem for ages but then that leads to pressure, pressure to win; at all costs. Pressure to win at all costs does not go hand in hand with a fun and friendly environment so I left.

If people can get away with things and cant be found out they will use it all the time. There is no such thing as a level playing field in this game while tactics and formations can be altered. I for one would have been challenging for the Prem title if I had picked Boro as they had (before the update) ridiculous gas everywhere. Anyway to summarize I left as it would have been the same old story as last season but turned all the way up to eleven. We arent playing for money or ranked points or anything close to that, its meant to be a bit of fun. Its getting to the situation where if someone asks a guy for a friendly and instead of saying 'yes' or 'no' I ask them first 'can I use custom formations and tactics?'. Its not fun.

20090403-er5idhy78nc8can68wg88qje94.jpg

Thats fair enough. I can see your point regards the custom tactics and formations. I just dont see how picking 3 star teams would of helped?

Its a real shame you quit I was looking forward to see If I could get my revenge this season! :D And no ultimate rivalry between you and bud :( Hopefully next season you will change your mind.

Axwell il send ya my picks. Just need to test a bit. My lack of goal scoring ability with one certain team against portsmouth has put me off them! (thanks for that parawind lol)

• Advertisement

Thats all well and good Yapa but to quote Moon from earlier as the quote applies to you aswell,

"What's your reason for going behind our backs with a plan to disrupt the league? I think it's childish and disrespectful to Axwell and myself, who put a lot of time into running the leagues to put up with all this B.S.!"

You left because the league apparently isnt fun anymore but you were happy enough to ruin the enjoyment of anyone else in the division with this childish plan of picking 3 star teams. To summarize going behind peoples backs making up plans among yourself and a few others which are aimed to cause hassle and disrupt the league for everyone else involved do not go hand in hand with a fun and friendly environment in the league.

Axwell wrote: »
    Thats all well and good Yapa but to quote Moon from earlier as the quote applies to you aswell,

"What's your reason for going behind our backs with a plan to disrupt the league? I think it's childish and disrespectful to Axwell and myself, who put a lot of time into running the leagues to put up with all this B.S.!"

You left because the league apparently isnt fun anymore but you were happy enough to ruin the enjoyment of anyone else in the division with this childish plan of picking 3 star teams. To summarize going behind peoples backs making up plans among yourself and a few others which are aimed to cause hassle and disrupt the league for everyone else involved do not go hand in hand with a fun and friendly environment in the league.

As i stated in my earlier post...I had intentions of winning the league with Boro and the be honest regardless of fifa ratings I would have preferred them to Wolfsberg so please dont say that I would have been ruining the league. I still would have entered to win and I wouldnt have picked a team that would have resigned me to mid table or relegation mediocrity. I play to win...I play to have fun.

The fact isnt where you would have placed in the league having picked Boro if you had done so, it is the manner in which you went behind our backs and tried to get others to follow you in picking 3 star teams. It comes across as nothing more than a childish effort to disrupt the league and cause a stir. From the various comments on here enough people were aware of it via the club and party chat and told you that it was disruptive and uncalled for yet you were still planning to go ahead with it until you decide last night to drop out of the league.

The fact isnt where you would have placed in the league having picked Boro if you had done so, it is the manner in which you went behind our backs and tried to get others to follow you in picking 3 star teams. It comes across as nothing more than a childish effort to disrupt the league and cause a stir. From the various comments on here enough people were aware of it via the club and party chat and told you that it was disruptive and uncalled for yet you were still planning to go ahead with it until you decide last night to drop out of the league.

I didnt get others to pick 3 star teams...I didnt ask one person to pick a 3 star team...Please dont lie about me in a public forum whatever your actual name is...that really isnt appropriate. I didnt say anything untoward, I only stated my reasons for leaving the league and gave my opinion on the situation. I did never and would never try to bring the league into disrepute. I joined to have fun and win it. I did one of those things and apparently that wasnt enough for me so I left.

Neither is the effort of a small group of people to cause hassle and disrupt the league with their team choices of 3 star teams but there you go. Accept my apologies for thinking you were involved in any of these plans. Anyways at this point you have left the league for your own reasons which is fair enough, its a pity you failed to find it fun like most people do.

PREMIERSHIP TEAM SELECTIONS ARE COMPLETE

Choices can be found on the team picks thread!

Championship and League 1 still have a few picks remaining so check if you are due to pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Neither is the effort of a small group of people to cause hassle and disrupt the league with their team choices of 3 star teams but there you go.

Thats your opinion. And its not one I agree with. People should be able to pick whatever teams they want. Somebody picked Hull a few seasons back when there was a load of good teams left. Nobody had a go with him.

This is all so childish and amatuer dramatics hour. Grow up the lot of you. This is supposed to be fun. Why are people taking it so seriously. sheesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats your opinion. And its not one I agree with. People should be able to pick whatever teams they want. Somebody picked Hull a few seasons back when there was a load of good teams left. Nobody had a go with him.

This is all so childish and amatuer dramatics hour. Grow up the lot of you. This is supposed to be fun. Why are people taking it so seriously. sheesh.

Just as a matter of interest, why did you pick Bristol City? I must admit to not having ever played with them, but are they really FUN to play with? Do they work great with the 6-0-4 formation? Am I missing something?

Honestly man, you are the one that needs to grow up. Your team selection, inspite of all that has been discussed here today is despicable and insulting to other players in the league.

Kirby wrote: »

This is all so childish and amatuer dramatics hour. Grow up the lot of you.

Well most people in the league tend to disagree with you on that based on the comments on here today. Also if I remember correctly when that person picked Hull it was in a league full of weaker teams such as Blackburn, Lazio, Schalke, etc because it was unique teams across the league so there wasnt any good teams left to pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There were plenty of good teams left. Futurguy even pm'ed the Hull guy back to ask if it was a typo. It wasn't. He just wanted to have some fun. Shock shock horror.

And moz, I'm not the one throwing a temper tantrum here... and throwing around word like dispicable when talking about a friendly internet fifa league. You need some perspective.

Don't see the issue really if me and macken want to pick the teams we want to pick. We are going to have a right old ding dong at the bottom and we will no doubt enjoy it.

Some of you lot need to lighten up.

Advertisement