Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 7 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

joe123 wrote: »
    Is it just that the "gang" of lads that chat over live have come to the conclusion that I must be changing something? And now your just posting it up here like its the truth? Seriously this isnt on.

hokem thinks you're custom, i think you're custom, hell bud knows fifa better than his own genitials and he thinks you're custom.

i didnt mean it as a personal thing,its just the way i feel. the thing im most upset about is that our friendly games have gone really boring.

that fact alone cant all be my fault and I have great games against Hokem, Bud(sometimes, especially when he actually tries to play and not look for the best way to exploit), macken and others quite regularly.

our games bore me so much, ive genuinely thought about not playing you before but did out of respect.

Axwell wrote: »
    Well like I said its supposed to be fixed in Fifa 11 so that means it shouldnt be an issue anymore in the league. If something else replaces it we can only address that at the time.

Also just because more than one person accuses someone of doing something doesnt necessarily mean they did it. Its quite easy for one person to accuse someone of doing something because they thought it was a chip shot, or a custom formation, or say that they were over celebrating, passing around the back four or whatever else and others to jump on the band wagon accusing that person.

We dont have a way to prove who is right or wrong and I dont think we can rely on honesty and one persons word over another as a means of deciding who is telling the truth if there is an issue and trying to act on it. There is only so much we can do with what we are given. Fifa 10 has this exploit and people chose to use it, Fifa should have patched it so that it wasnt possible but they didnt so there isnt much we can do.

i agree that it would probably happen now and again but it would seriously curb it, maybe not 100%, of course not.

Also, I'd like to think anyone would "jump on a bandwagon" to oust someone out of the league, thats getting a bit low.

example: If I was the only one accusing Nedved of taking long range tip off shots, you cant say anything. but more people say it and the accusation becomes more and more likely to be true in your own head. (he does do that by the way but this is fifa 10, not 09 so not anywhere near as annoying as 09 :))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    hokem thinks you're custom, i think you're custom, hell bud knows fifa better than his own genitials and he thinks you're custom.

i didnt mean it as a personal thing,its just the way i feel. the thing im most upset about is that our friendly games have gone really boring.

that fact alone cant all be my fault and I have great games against Hokem, Bud(sometimes, especially when he actually tries to play and not look for the best way to exploit), macken and others quite regularly.

our games bore me so much, ive genuinely thought about not playing you before but did out of respect.

First of all why would I lie about being default when from day one this season I stated I was going default? And my reason was that when at friends houses I hated not playing as I normally do due to the simple fact I couldnt use custom formations. Thats why I dropped them. I got used to Acs default formation so thats why I just saved it for that game with South Korea.

And our games only got boring when you started using custom formations. We both said that it was really strange how when we play each other there is very little action. And when you use default you have to pass it around outside the box like I do against you, just trying to probe away through your defence.

Im really suprised bud said he thinks im custom. I even got matched against him in a ranked game. He played custom I played default and I even sent him a message afterwards asking how come he didnt stay default as we always played default against each other.

Im not suprised Hokem thinks it and thats all im going to say there.

It went personal when you started accusing me of dishonesty and being cheap etc. Ive admited I think chip shots are cheap. But ive no reason what so ever to lie about wether im default or not but its really not fair to just come on here and state that ive lied.

Id of just private messaged you over this but I dont want the other fifa players on here thinking that I play the game dishonestly and I dont think youd find any other player ive played saying ive done something dishonest during a game.

Ive never took those custom corners,never last man tackled, never passed it around the back 4 and never changed free takers over and over to keep a man off the line.

And I havent lied about using default settings through out this season.

Honestly I dont know if your just set on believing Im lying about it or not. All I can say is I stayed default for every game.

Besides all this ive told you before that I find your style of play very boring as I do Hokems with very patient build up play. Guess ive improved that part of my game as bud always said to me my weakness was that I was too impatient in playing passes and attacking.

Anyways theres not much more I can say. I never lied about being default.Believe that or not but the only way I can look at it is that is a compliment from yourself, hokem and bud for thinking I had tweaking settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

when are d promotions etc posted?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

1stuey1 wrote: »
    when are d promotions etc posted?

League is finished midnight on Sunday, I'll sort everything on Monday and let you know!!

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    And our games only got boring when you started using custom formations. We both said that it was really strange how when we play each other there is very little action.

Besides all this ive told you before that I find your style of play very boring as I do Hokems with very patient build up play. Guess ive improved that part of my game as bud always said to me my weakness was that I was too impatient in playing passes and attacking.

Anyways theres not much more I can say. I never lied about being default.Believe that or not but the only way I can look at it is that is a compliment from yourself, hokem and bud for thinking I had tweaking settings.

ive played custom formations since 09, ive always been using custom since i started playing you.

you are not listening to me either, your style of play has also got significantly more boring in recent times and if you cant see that at all, you're blind mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

My last two games against Nedved aren't going to get played it seems. He's just never online unfortunately. Whats the deal here. Null and void?

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    ive played custom formations since 09, ive always been using custom since i started playing you.

you are not listening to me either, your style of play has also got significantly more boring in recent times and if you cant see that at all, you're blind mate.

I know youve used custom formations but I remember at first we were having games with plenty of goals. But then you switched your formation to a more defensive (and more difficult) one to play against.

In the past leagues I used custom formations so I was able to counter quickly and I always had my cdms to rely on. When you use default settings you have to be much more patient.

I even remember yapa on about how when your up against formations that have defenders basically on the goaline and defensive it takes alot longer to try and probe through hence why I started holding onto the ball more outside the box.

I know im playing differently now but if I played the same way I used to when I used custom formations id get ripped apart.

Ive always admitted that custom formations gave the player an advantage so I had to improve my defending. Its like match ups. When I play you,hokem or bassman when hes on form I find those games really boring. But when I play bud or the more attacking players it can be end to end stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

was watching my bro play friendly game against corcaigh. corcaigh had his whole team in my bros half. i had to laugh. corcaigh you cannot call someones style cheap. they pay for the game they can play they way they want. you always call me cheap for not crossing it in or shooting from distance. its not on calling people cheap for how they play the game.your the jose mournhino of the boards league.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

storybud22 wrote: »
    they pay for the game they can play they way they want. .

You could apply that logic to anything tbh.

"well you pay for the game, you can get eight men sent off if you want. "
    "well you pay for the game, you can crossbar glitch and disconnect all you want"
    etc etc.

Doesn't mean you should do it.

• Advertisement

storybud22 wrote: »
    was watching my bro play friendly game against corcaigh. corcaigh had his whole team in my bros half. i had to laugh. corcaigh you cannot call someones style cheap. they pay for the game they can play they way they want. you always call me cheap for not crossing it in or shooting from distance. its not on calling people cheap for how they play the game.your the jose mournhino of the boards league.

bud thats bs, i had 3 defenders, 1 cdm in a 3-4-3. all 4 of those were defensive minded admittedly but the rest of the team were completely neutral bar the striker up top who was low defending, high attack. i played on balanced the whole time and no other tactics like high pressure were used. can i make myself any clearer?

also saying that people can play the way they want because they paid for the game is hypocritical because you moan about lousey, sucky, cheap players like the french and the mexicans all the time.you are a good player, you now use terrible formations and you look for every exploit you can find. you're extremely cheap but its taken you to the top ranks of fifa so fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mr Moon wrote: »
    League is finished midnight on Sunday, I'll sort everything on Monday and let you know!!

eh Mr. Robinson hasn't been on all week and hes myself and Moiph's last game, any chance there can be an extension on these games?

I realise that the rules state that these fixtures should be awarded as walkovers but seen as how these are both players last fixture against the same player and this may decide the final relegation.

Cause i'd really be dissapointed to not get the chance to do a West Brom and pull it out on the last match of the season.

If not its fine, i'd just love to see how it would turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

I had two games left to play against Nedved and we had arranged to play during the week but he hasn't been online since so obviously no can do!

GG barca!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Parawind wrote: »
    eh Mr. Robinson hasn't been on all week and hes myself and Moiph's last game, any chance there can be an extension on these games?

I realise that the rules state that these fixtures should be awarded as walkovers but seen as how these are both players last fixture against the same player and this may decide the final relegation.

Cause i'd really be dissapointed to not get the chance to do a West Brom and pull it out on the last match of the season.

If not its fine, i'd just love to see how it would turn out.

I already told Moiph and Axwell about me not playing. I'm on crap dial up thanks to vodafone So I can't even connect to xbox live, That and now my live membership expired :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I already told Moiph and Axwell about me not playing. I'm on crap dial up thanks to vodafone So I can't even connect to xbox live, That and now my live membership expired :P

oh sry i didn't realise, i figured something had to be up.

Season 7 has come to an end now, no more results will be accepted.

Final standings.

Premiership

Winner: Corcaigh09
    Runner Up: Storybud22

Relegated:
    Parawind
    Dufflecoatxbox
    Nedved85

Championship

Winner: Mark SRFC90
    Promoted: Greenside Rover/Irish Wolverine

Relegated:
    Al Dunne
    livelyjojo
    Richie (quit)

League 1

Winner: Oliver Cole
    Promoted: Andynatored/CollyR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

What about the points deductions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Some of yee lads really need to take a step back and see how silly some of yee look and are sounding!

It's a fecking football game for christ sake.

This

moz wrote: »
    What about the points deductions?

Point reductions were made to The Dunne and Nedved85 but it made no difference to the standings, in the rules they are based on the group of 12 players, which we had at the start but a couple of people dropped out, so we had to amend the rules slightly to reflect that there were less games in the championship and league 1.

Cheers to Moon and Axwell once again for another good season even with half of us moaning about something or other.

Pretty happy with the way I did going default with Ac Milan. Actually did better this season than I did last when I used custom tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Season 7 has come to an end now, no more results will be accepted.

League 1

Winner: Oliver Cole
    Promoted: Andynatored/CollyR

THIS.

Anyone fancy a Fifa10 world cup league? Or even starting with season 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

raheny red wrote: »

there is a World Cup taking place already on the forum and leave the mods do all the organisational stuff for season 8, we don't even know who is in what division and now many teams per league etc

patience my good man :)

raheny red wrote: »

Doh! I thought the world cup was played on Fifa World Cup :o

Advertisement