Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 7 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

To all those fellow league 1'ers ive added ya's all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

There'd be no need to lighten up if there wasn't some sort of scheme formulated by a few people that presumed everyone else needed to lighten up :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Kirby, nobody has any problem what team you pick, the FACT is that people knew about what you were up to, which means you openly talked about it in clubs/party chat (never when I was on funnily enough), you tried to convince others to do it and you even gave it a name "plan x" if you didn't think the league was fun/competitive then why even bother play this season??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats your opinion. And its not one I agree with. People should be able to pick whatever teams they want. Somebody picked Hull a few seasons back when there was a load of good teams left. Nobody had a go with him.

This is all so childish and amatuer dramatics hour. Grow up the lot of you.

And posting Obama pictures, with "change" on it, and deliberately picking poor teams to get a reaction, and calling it "plan x" isn't childish? Pot & kettle, I'm afraid.

Overall, honestly, you and the others come off very badly here. I'm not bothered by who you pick, but its disrespectful to the people who put their own time into maintaining the leagues. Thats really the bottom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Me and Parawind mentioned it to storybud and he started acted like a twat and calling it "plan X" and other such nonsense.

I never posted any Obama pictures or anything. Don't lump me in with anybody else please.

There was no scheme. No underground lair with villains with curly mustaches. We just wanted to avoid the same boring boring same old same old with Man u chelsea Real etc. We picked different teams for some fun for ourselves. Is that so wrong? No, its not. Unbunch the panties please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

PancakeRabbit.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I've never heard so much horse shíte in my life.

Yapa you wax on about not having fun because of custom formations etc etc. WTF? It's a game of Fifa. You play it, you either win or lose and you move on. And that's it. So what if people play with different formations. If you're good enough you'll beat them if you're not you wont.

And who cares if they picked 3 star teams. Their choice. I personally hope they lose em all. But I really dont care

drama.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Me and Parawind mentioned it to storybud and he started acted like a twat and calling it "plan X" and other such nonsense.

By acting like a twat you mean telling you that it was a stupid idea and would run the league for everyone else?
    I never posted any Obama pictures or anything. Don't lump me in with anybody else please.

You commented on one of them with "shhhh you'll ruin it" - Ruin what the plan where you decide to pick 3 star teams for your own personal fun with parawind and dont think of the fact it might ruin the league for others playing in that division?

You might not think your actions are wrong, however it seems most people seem to think its bad form and disrespectful to the organisers and other players. If you werent having fun then why sign up for this season, why decide to make your own fun and take away from other peoples enjoyment in the division?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

I've never heard so much horse shíte in my life.

Yapa you wax on about not having fun because of custom formations etc etc. WTF? It's a game of Fifa. You play it, you either win or lose and you move on. And that's it. So what if people play with different formations. If you're good enough you'll beat them if you're not you wont.

I did.

• Advertisement

Rooney10 wrote: »
    And posting Obama pictures, with "change" on it, and deliberately picking poor teams to get a reaction, and calling it "plan x" isn't childish? Pot & kettle, I'm afraid.

Overall, honestly, you and the others come off very badly here. I'm not bothered by who you pick, but its disrespectful to the people who put their own time into maintaining the leagues. Thats really the bottom line.

I posted the Obama picture because it I thought it would have been different. Then I realized it wouldnt be different so I left. No big deal. My perspective on the situation changed and my action represents this accordingly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I posted the Obama picture because it I thought it would have been different.

Why would Kirby comment - "shhh you'll ruin it" if that was the case.

I agreed that I would pick a team that wasnt your standard Man utd, Chelsea type team just like I did with Wolfsberg. It doesnt change the fact that I would have won much more games than I would have lost and I was confidant to win the league with Boro so I cant see what your problem is. I picked a team that I thought would have won me the league. To be fair it doesnt matter what teams people pick. If I had played with a 'weakened' team I still would have beaten people. Storybud is going to win the league with his weakened team so dont tell me that picking Boro was disrespectful. Better players with worse teams will even the playing field for you lads. If you have a problem with it then thats an internal cognition for each individual when playing and critiquing the game come full time.

Well, people can look through the thread and make up their own minds. It seems the general feeling is that you all come off pretty badly to be honest. I'm sure if you read everything objectively, you'll see why people think that. Now, if you excuse me, I've more important things to worry about at the moment. I have 3 waffles in the fridge that are going to go out of date if I don't eat them before 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

waffle waffle waffle

Well, people can look through the thread and make up their own minds. It seems the general feeling is that you all come off pretty badly to be honest. I'm sure if you read everything objectively, you'll see why people think that. Now, if you excuse me, I've more important things to worry about at the moment. I have 3 waffles in the fridge that are going to go out of date if I don't eat them before 12.

Alternatively, people could look through this thread and see a load of childish whining on an internet forum about people pick teams other people don't want them to and taking things way to seriously.

Not everyone see's things the same. Now lets all enjoy the league eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

This was never "plan x" thats just what storybud started coining it. I have played 2 seasons in the league with milan and then liverpool, 2 pretty highly rated teams but tbh i just thought that playing as a team from a lower league would make it exciting and playing with a poorer team makes you a better player.

This was never an attempt to undermind anything or disrepect anyone, and in regards to Rooney10's comments, if you read my posts on the matter i think i come across very nicely. I never made any comments about "change" or said "ooooh shuuuush".

You are allowed as per the rules of the league to pick any league team you want, and just because i picked a weaker team doesn't mean i don't intend to try my best or make excuses because i have picked them. It was my choice to do so and i stand by it.

Also i think my games with pompey against joe should demonstrate that just because you have a weaker team on paper doesn't mean you will lose.

To paraphrase a famous quote, i may not like the team you picked but i will defend with my life your right to pick them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Having a few wee games here with Inter to try get used to em for this season and I have to say Im impressed, usually play Barca or United.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Inspite of all the commotion on here today I have to say well done to Axwell/Moon for getting the new season ready so soon. That must be record time in which the picks have been completed for the premiership.

Im looking forward to it as usual. I just hope I can score against Parawinds Preston! His pompey was bloody resolute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

good luck everyone in the league. got my 2nd favourite team in villa:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

I know I dont normally have anything to say in these forums......but wow...... who would have thought all of that was going on during team picks eh.

All I wanna say is:

1. League is organised very well....thanks....very quick turnaround this time.

2. Anyone can choose any team they want, it might seem underhanded to organise to have several people pick weaker teams, so if you want a weak team, pick them, but just keep it to yourself and then give it your best when the league kicks off.

3. Tactics and formations are a part of the game, therefore, everyone should have the right to edit them as they see fit, so that they can get the best from the team they have. Nobody has banned certain formations, so everyone is free to use what they want. Just like in real life.

4. Celebrations, last man tackles are also part of the game but I can see why these rules are in place because they make the league less enjoyable for people. Personally, I think we should be allowed to play the game as it was designed, celebrate goals, and take down the last man, just like you would if you were really playing, let the ref deal with you then. Granted, anyone with an abismal discipline record should be deducted points.

5. The worst offence in this league, is people not turning up to play their games, it does take a fair bit of commitment to play right through one of these leagues, but make an effort lads.

I feel some backlash coming....:D

U.N.I.T.E.D, United are the team for me...

Anybody up for a few friendlies tonight? Send me a message whenever I'm online. Everyone who picks United seems to struggle, hopefully I'll have a bit more luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Anybody up for a few friendlies tonight? Send me a message whenever I'm online. Everyone who picks United seems to struggle, hopefully I'll have a bit more luck.

See you about 9 or so....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Whens the new league likely to start?

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Whens the new league likely to start?

Tomorrow I'd say. It won't be long anyways, only 2 lads are left to pick teams. Weeks always run from Friday @ 6, so I guess we'll kick off then.

Yup all going well we will start tomorrow at 6pm just waiting on 2 more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Yeh fair play to Moon and Axwell for organising the leagues.

Yous deserve a medal of some sort. Or a gold star :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I can't believe you got United with 5th pick :eek:
    There are some very good players with very good teams in this season's Championship. Should be a good one...

And I will be lucky to avoid relegation :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Yeh fair play to Moon and Axwell for organising the leagues.

Yous deserve a medal of some sort. Or a gold star :D

I'd prefer some money thanks :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Personally, I think we should be allowed to play the game as it was designed, celebrate goals, and take down the last man, just like you would if you were really playing, let the ref deal with you then. Granted, anyone with an abismal discipline record should be deducted points.

implied-facepalm.jpg

Advertisement