Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Leagues FIFA 10 Season 7 - Bad Beat/Moan/Venting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Joe.........that's Brilliant......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I did.

So why did you leave?

Because people play with formations you dont like?

Because you might not win this time with Storybud playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Rooney10 wrote: »
    U.N.I.T.E.D, United are the team for me...

Anybody up for a few friendlies tonight? Send me a message whenever I'm online. Everyone who picks United seems to struggle, hopefully I'll have a bit more luck.

I've got United. I found a good 4-3-3 formation that works with them, Good defending and really quick on counters.

.........Cm
    .....RAM LAM
    RW.............LW
    .........ST

Works really well with nani LW,valencia RW and rooney up front, and have anderson RAM and Hardgreaves or fletch switch between LAM and Cm. Anderson is at RAM because he can come in on his left, and the others on their right while the wingers are used to exploit the wings. Works well enough. I kept storybud to a 0-1 over me last night so it says something :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

moz wrote: »
    I can't believe you got United with 5th pick :eek:
    There are some very good players with very good teams in this season's Championship. Should be a good one...

And I will be lucky to avoid relegation :o

Nobody has really had a high finish with them in all the seasons we've played. If I wasn't a United fan, I'd have picked Inter before them.

A good few people say United aren't great this year, but I enjoy playing as them anyways.

Nobody has really had a high finish with them in all the seasons we've played. If I wasn't a United fan, I'd have picked Inter before them.

A good few people say United aren't great this year, but I enjoy playing as them anyways.

Who wouldnt enjoy playing as this seasons Champions!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

So why did you leave?

Because people play with formations you dont like?

Because you might not win this time with Storybud playing?

I think I explained quite well why I left. Pop on the kettle, make yourself a nice cup of tea and have a read through the posts.

Lol just because my younger brother got promoted I left with my tail between my legs. Why would I be scared of playing him. Ive been playing him in Fifa for 8 years.

I've read the whole thread and all you said was because "people were trying to win at all costs".

By this I'm guessing you mean customs tactics and formations. These are a part of football and Fifa and you were still winning so why leave?

I'm not even in the Prem so it doesn't bother me but I really dont understand why you left.

I've read the whole thread and all you said was because "people were trying to win at all costs".

By this I'm guessing you mean customs tactics and formations. These are a part of football and Fifa and you were still winning so why leave?

I'm not even in the Prem so it doesn't bother me but I really dont understand why you left.

I know that they are part of Fifa. I am and have always been a purist when it comes to playing the game as you opened it from the box with defaults on everything. Thats exactly why my brother does the same thing, even online when hes playing against people who pack the box with players, when we used to play; quick match, pick teams, make subs and play. For me to keep playing I would have to be enjoying it and I wasnt. And obviously I didnt leave because I wasnt winning because I did what I set out to do by winning it and mentioned that it might be my last season before it even ended. I understand that you cant fathom the reasons why I left but as something gets less enjoyable motivation for the task drops as well. For me winning was secondary to having a good time and having fun. I think that GME left for the same reasons as well. Well run league, I enjoyed the first half of the league for sure and Im putting my money on my brother to win it. The league was always going to be kept in the family anyway :p

Who wouldnt enjoy playing as this seasons Champions!!!

Heres hoping, but I'm sure Liverpool won't bust a gut to beat Chelsea for one reason or another!

I notice the "Rules sticky" has gone up. Presume everyone needs to give it thanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I can see where Yapa is coming from regards the whole custom formations/tactics thing. Some games against people can be very negative.

Its a pity you didnt find it fun anymore, personally the boards league is my favourite thing about Fifa!

And ive decided to use Ac's default Formation this season :eek:

Il probably curse myself for not picking Valencia but I just dont like the thought of using the same team more than once in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Heres hoping, but I'm sure Liverpool won't bust a gut to beat Chelsea for one reason or another!

I notice the "Rules sticky" has gone up. Presume everyone needs to give it thanks?

You sure do, I'll be sending out PM's about it, but if you're reading this please give thanks here or you don't get the PM with the password to the league!

I know that they are part of Fifa. I am and have always been a purist when it comes to playing the game as you opened it from the box with defaults on everything. Thats exactly why my brother does the same thing, even online when hes playing against people who pack the box with players, when we used to play; quick match, pick teams, make subs and play. For me to keep playing I would have to be enjoying it and I wasnt. And obviously I didnt leave because I wasnt winning because I did what I set out to do by winning it and mentioned that it might be my last season before it even ended. I understand that you cant fathom the reasons why I left but as something gets less enjoyable motivation for the task drops as well. For me winning was secondary to having a good time and having fun. I think that GME left for the same reasons as well. Well run league, I enjoyed the first half of the league for sure and Im putting my money on my brother to win it. The league was always going to be kept in the family anyway :p

To be fair, I don't think manual chip is default.

Its a shame you don't enjoy the league and decided to drop out, but many of us do. Looking forward to the new season, especially with some of the new rules about playing games which the lads have introduced.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

At this point we are about to start Season 7...

Custom formations have been discussed to death last season, they are part of the game and the league. We dont need to go over the same discussions all over again. This thread used to be about banter, lets try keep it more like that this season.

Yapa has decided to leave, his reasons are back in the last few pages for anyone who wants to know why he left. If you have any further questions for him send him a pm (assuming he doesnt mind the pms) as it has nothing to do with Season 7 fixtures or this thread.

There is a sticky with the rules for everyone to give thanks to as per Moons post above, please do so and we will send on the league details so you can join.

Thanks for getting the team picks in so quickly so we can get started again and hopefully have another good season in the league!

GAME ON!!

To be fair, I don't think manual chip is default.

Its a shame you don't enjoy the league and decided to drop out, but many of us do. Looking forward to the new season, especially with some of the new rules about playing games which the lads have introduced.

Manual chip can be done on both assisted and manual settings so it is default.

[mod hat]Yapa you're not taking part in season 7 so can you stop posting on the thread or I'll start deleting the posts! I'm sick of reading the same stuff everyday. As was said PM's are available if anyone wants to continue talk about it.

Rules say to use default settings, you changed them to manual which makes the manual chip a lot more affective!

END OF STORY!!![/mod hat]

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

banana hammock.

Kirby wrote: »
    banana hammock.

FATHER_TED_Down_with_this_sort_of_t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

we all know yapa that your manual chip isnt done with default assisted settings, dont lie just to try and strengthen your argument.

bud will probably win the league by spamming the same long ball chip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭storybud22

the manual chip is the same in regular settings guys. dont worry:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

I have added all players in League 1. Looking forward to playing. Probably get hammered playing with Spurs! Should be good craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 djc123abc

I scored in getting Real Madrid! (maybe :P )
    My first season, so, I'm just hoping not to finish rock bottom :^)

Best of luck to everyone in League 1, and all the best to the others representing Real Madrid :^)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

my first season, should be good crack

1stuey1 wrote: »
    my first season, should be good crack

quack-whore-cubby-demotivational-poster-1231462213.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

IMG

I'd tap that

I'm gonna have to buy a new joypad for this season.

Anyone know where they're cheapest?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

one of the 1st games for me this season:

CashelHulk v Moooooooooooooooooose

it's going to be epic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Im heading home to Kerry for the weekend and the broadband aint great down there so i might have to wait till Sunday night/Monday to get my first few games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

bristol against preston 1st week! that should be interesting...

Woohoo, I am 2nd in the league.........and on a slippery slope to the bottom im sure :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Tried to play Cashel Man just now but the league says season completed with no games left to play with anyone. I blame the moose! :P

Advertisement