Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackthorn Cider: 2 litre bottle: €1.. 24x440ml:€10

• 19-04-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

got 96 cans and 15 bottles in Tesco Dundrum..in other tescos too as long as they have stock...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Good crazy that is...

24 x 440ml cans at 10 euro
    2l bottles (usually 6-7 euro) down to 1 euro each..

got 96 cans and 15 bottles in Tesco Dundrum..in other tescos too as long as they have stock...

Deadly!!!

Do these qualify as one of yer five a day???

A euro for a 2ltr bottle is unbelievable though! I wonder do the cider drinkers on the boardwalk in town read boards.ie too?

Be a Shame for them fine folk to miss out on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

Anyone see any of these left around waterford?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Just wondering did you check the dates on these. It might be the reason they are selling them off so cheap. And with 96 cans and all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Not really a cider drinker but blackthorn is nice( way nicer that bulmers), good drink for the summer BBQ , there is no bb date on these, only a dispatch code, but I asked and the lady checked and told me they will be good for another 18 months..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Just wondering did you check the dates on these. It might be the reason they are selling them off so cheap. And with 96 cans and all :)

So what your saying is when you buy them drink them as fast as you can!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Thanks OP got the last 6 bottles in my local Tesco before the staff for a change, great reduction.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

None in Tesco Paul Street, which is unsurprising really as it's the only Tesco in Cork City centre.

If they ever had any the word would have gotten around like wildfire with the numerous Cork street drinkers(both local and foreign) and that would have been all she wrote with regards to cheap Blackthorn there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

Got 24 X 440ml cans for €10 in Tesco Celbridge last night - thanks op ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Must check next time I'm in Dundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Not really a cider drinker but blackthorn is nice( way nicer that bulmers),

c&c own both cider brands, I don't think they mind once you drink one or the other :)

I bought the last 3 in Tesco Merrion.

Well worth the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Igot 15 2lt bottles in finglas tesco yesterday, i left 5 (dont wanna spoil someones night) its a little flat, watery compared to strongbow or bulmers, but for 15 euro for 30 litres its great thanks again op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Igot 15 2lt bottles in finglas tesco yesterday, i left 5 (dont wanna spoil someones night) its a little flat, watery compared to strongbow or bulmers, but for 15 euro for 30 litres its great thanks again op.

I find that blackthorn tastes much better out of a can than a plastic bottle as is the way with most drinks wheter it be cola or cider.

Anyway got my slab earlier. mmmm :D

Advertisement