Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco multipacks

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

The judge unfortunately wouldn't rule with you. Have that google.

Eh, without googling a question like "does 2 x 2 ltrs of sprite refer to multipack that has 2 x 2ltrs of sprite or 2 x single 2ltr bottles judges opinion"
    please explain to me in laymans terms why a judge wouldn't agree with me?

Any judge that would fail to see how that sign is misleading prob would have the surname Toole!

As in Justice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Gucky wrote: »
    Eh, without googling a question like "does 2 x 2 ltrs of sprite refer to multipack that has 2 x 2ltrs of sprite or 2 x single 2ltr bottles judges opinion"

Any judge that would fail to see how that sign is misleading prob would have the surname Toole!

As in Justice.....

Laymans terms

A price or offer displayed is not legally binding. It's the price at the till that is requested which is the actual offer.

Even if the sign is ambiguous the judge would not find in your favour that any wrong had been done assuming you could actually find any angle to get a case in front of a judge in the first place.

Does that do it for you ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

I'm not with you?

any sign posted in a shop is "an invitation to treat" it does not demand that the retailer sells it to you at that price. however the price at the till is the final price where you can accecpt it or not.

this was proven in a court case by boots a few years ago basically it rule out any legal challenges towards retailers based on their offer of a price vs the actual price.

however a code of practise is in place in all major retailers where they agree to abide by a certain few basics rules in the interest of good customer service however it is not the law. also at the customer service desk you were more likely talking to a member of staff where the decision was not theirs to make.

false advertisement is another thing completely, where by, some thing that never at all ever existed is advertised for sale to gain interest of the public only for them to be offered something completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

As in Justice.....

how long ago was this offer on.im on a mission tomorrow to see this sign for myself and photo it. I still cant believe some one would be stupid to put a "x" on is cause while I agree with you I would assume also a twin pack the offer is misleading if worded as such

how long ago was this offer on.im on a mission tomorrow to see this sign for myself and photo it. I still cant believe some one would be stupid to put a "x" on is cause while I agree with you I would assume also a twin pack the offer is misleading if worded as such

Mon evening.

Tescos in Naas.....

Man I hope it's not been changed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I hear you Gucky, I would have made the same conclusion...i also would have ripped the damn plastic off at the till and told the cashier that now it was two single bottles. She/he probably would not have sold them to me, but I would have had the satisfaction of knowing that they can no longer sell the two bottles as a multipack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Flaregon wrote: »
    Guys are you lot working for Tesco or something, this is a case of the old multi pack beside the offer trick.

put a the twin packs beside the single bottles, people pick up the twin pack thinking there part of the offer and by the time your out of the shop you can't be arsed to start a fight over 98c you have been over charged.

What shop/supermarket/hypermarket do you know that doesnt group products together??
    Everybody does it for the simple reason that otherwise you wouldn't be able to find it.
    You want tomato ketchup?? Go the sauces aisle. You want Heinz tomato ketchup?? About 8 different sizes in either glass or plastic bottle and guess what?? They're all beside each other.
    You want milk? 1litre/2litre/3litre?? You know what? They're all together.
    To trick you?
    No, for your convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

You want milk? 1litre/2litre/3litre?? You know what? They're all together.
    To trick you?
    No, for your convenience.

Not quite on topic, but 1x 2litre milk is usually cheaper than 2x 1litre milk.... but this isn't always the case with Tesco. In my local tesco 12x Whiskers cat food is always more expensive than 2x 6 packs of the same cat food.... and the price for both changes frequently... at least twice a month, but the larger pack size always has a higher unit cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Please go to tesco.ie
    look at fizzy drinks

Does it say multipack or 2 x 2 litres of Sprite Zero?

As far as Tescos are concerned theres not even a term used when the bottles are packaged together, theyre still referred to as 2 x 2 litres
    It says Sprite 2 X 2Ltr online and it is clearly a mulitpack in the photo. I shop in tesco all the time and the majority of times the single packs are on offer for 2, NOT the mulitpacks and this is very clear to me. I am not certain if it says mulitpack or not in the store, what I am 100% certain about is that I never find it misleading. It is blatantly obvious to me, as I said earlier -if there were no single bars on the shelf I would presume they sold out due to the offer, the very fact mulitpacks were left would lead me to cop on they are no on offer -as if both were on offer it makes more sense that the handier pack would go first. If in doubt I would check the barcode digits listed on the offer and the packs.

It is very common to see this offer on, you will see a big empty space on the shelf where all the single bottles were, all that is left is mulitpacks. Common sense would tell me these are not in the offer.
    animaal wrote: »
    I read Rip Off Ireland to make sure I don't waste money.

All these threads have a lot more readers than attacking posts.
    A lot of threads in here are ridiculous, e.g. is telling you 3L of water is €5.38 in a shop really helping you not waste money? Heres a tip, if you want a litre of ketchup do not buy 100 small packets in a chipper.
    Not quite on topic, but 1x 2litre milk is usually cheaper than 2x 1litre milk.... but this isn't always the case with Tesco.
    This is not the case with ALL supermarkets, and it certainly is nothing new. When I was 7 or 8 I noticed this, back in the 80's, well before price per kilo listings.

rubadub wrote: »
    It says Sprite 2 X 2Ltr online and it is clearly a mulitpack in the photo.

Well as you say your self the website says 2 x 2ltr and has a picture of a multipack....... (so its a misleading sign, as you state that 2 x 2 ltrs would refer to two single bottles?)

-if there were no single bars on the shelf I would presume they sold out due to the offer, the very fact mulitpacks were left would lead me to cop on they are no on offer -

My mother flew out to London on Wednesday of last week, she presumed she would be back in Derry on Fri evening........

She got home on Wed of this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Well as you say your self the website says 2 x 2ltr and has a picture of a multipack....... (so its a misleading sign, as you state that 2 x 2 ltrs would refer to two single bottles?)
    I am not sure what you are getting at here, as I said before I shop in tesco all the time and the majority of times the single packs are on offer for 2, NOT the mulitpacks and this is very clear to me. I am not certain if it says mulitpack or not in the store, what I am 100% certain about is that I never find it misleading. I am not sure if the shop signs use identical terms as the online shop, I would be surprised if they did.
    My mother flew out to London on Wednesday of last week, she presumed she would be back in Derry on Fri evening........

She got home on Wed of this week.
    Dunno what that has to do with anything. :confused:
    but as there was none of the shelf and the sign said 2x2ltrs (nothing to do with multipack) was displayed I assumed the offer was for these 2.
    Was there an empty space on the shelf where the single bottles should be? if there was did you not think this strange if the mulitpacks were included in the offer? Did you check the barcodes matched the offer? As I said I would presume they were not in the offer, if I wanted to check further I would check the barcodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

rubadub wrote: »
    I am not sure what you are getting at here, as I said before I shop in tesco all the time and the majority of times the single packs are on offer for 2, NOT the mulitpacks and this is very clear to me. I am not certain if it says mulitpack or not in the store, what I am 100% certain about is that I never find it misleading. I am not sure if the shop signs use identical terms as the online shop, I would be surprised if they did.

Dunno what that has to do with anything. :confused:

Was there an empty space on the shelf where the single bottles should be? if there was did you not think this strange if the mulitpacks were included in the offer? Did you check the barcodes matched the offer? As I said I would presume they were not in the offer, if I wanted to check further I would check the barcodes.

Rubadub. Dont waste your time. Some people are convinced they are getting ripped off, feel hard done by, and dont want to listen to reason.

Just move on.

Rubadub. Dont waste your time. Some people are convinced they are getting ripped off, feel hard done by, and dont want to listen to reason.

Just move on.

Superscouse, Like i have already said.

you jumped to a shops defence because they had split multipacks and sol them off at the same price as non multipack items.
    Here we have an argument with Tescos displaying misleading signs and how the multipack and single bottles are COMPLETELY different and thus SHOULDNT be charged at the same price????

It seems to me you just like to be argumentitive an are very self righteous!

So just to sum it up for me, and the other folk who read these posts?
    Do you agree that a shop can split multipacks and sell them off as single units despite a warning on the bottle (part of a multipack not to be sold seperately)
    yet in the same breath tell me that Tesco are quite right to have a sign up on an offer of 2 x 2ltrs of sprite yet (according to you wouldn't include the
    multipacks)as you say I dont have a clue what I'm talking about as they are completely different items?

lol YOU are the gas man, not me!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

dont you know superscouse always runs to the defence of the shop because he is a shopkeeper.....
    its not worth even replying to him, his kind have been ripping us off for too long!!!

murf313 wrote: »
    dont you know superscouse always runs to the defence of the shop because he is a shopkeeper.....
    its not worth even replying to him, his kind have been ripping us off for too long!!!

Yeah I figured.....

The thing is, us Irish aren't prepared to be ripped off any longer!
    The booms over, and everyones a hell of a lot more price aware these days!

The days of being shafted by the rip off merchants, whilst not dead yet, it's certainly only on 3 legs!!
    And I for one am glad to see it!

(you'll note he prob won't reply to my last post as he has no defence lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Yeah I figured.....

The thing is, us Irish aren't prepared to be ripped off any longer!
    The booms over, and everyones a hell of a lot more price aware these days!

The days of being shafted by the rip off merchants, whilst not dead yet, it's certainly only on 3 legs!!
    And I for one am glad to see it!

(you'll note he prob won't reply to my last post as he has no defence lol)

Naaaa, not going to bother, I'm busy "ripping people off"

You can carry on your crusade about how you are being ripped off by every shop in the country, its your choice.

Did you consider talking to someone about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

You can carry on your crusade about how you are being ripped off by every shop in the country, its your choice.

im glad you have seen the light and your finally admitted to ripping people off.... :P

no one is saying ALL shops are ripping people off but some most definatley are.... for example the centra around the corner from me dont ever do the special offers that are on the fliers, yet they sell that merchandise at their own high price..... bar of dairy milk 1.12 euro = rip off

i never shop there.....

Do as I say....
    Not as I do!

Your an A1 laugh you are!
    When in doubt say nowt!

Oh, and just for the record, I post in the bargain alerts in equal amounts..... I'm on NO crusade, I just point out rip offs if/when I spit them. That's all!
    Your a CERT though, to jump in all guns blazing on any rip off post where it involves a shop.

Mods, please close this thread now... I've read all I need to.

Advertisement