Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atm did not dispense my money

Options
  • 19-04-2010 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Went to a Topaz garage this morning to use the ATM to withdraw 180 euro, however the machine gives an error message just as it was about to dispense my money " This machine appears to be faulty"

Tried again and this time it said "insufficient funds"

I rang the bank and according to them I had withdrawn the 180 euro which I quite clearly did not receive from the machine. I went into the bank to get an "ATM dispute form" and was told they would have to investigate the matter and could take up to 7 days to resolve!

Because of this F### up with the ATM I am going to fall behind now in my credit union loan repayments :mad:.
    And I will have interest put on my loan now aswell plus I will be living on apples and banannas now for the week.
    Thats not effing fair at all......

This ever happen to you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

mondeo wrote: »
    Went to a Topaz garage this morning to use the ATM to withdraw 180 euro, however the machine gives an error message just as it was about to dispense my money " This machine appears to be faulty"

I rang the bank and according to them I had withdrawn the 180 euro which I quite clearly did not receive from the machine. I went into the bank to get an "ATM dispute form" and was told they would have to investigate the matter and could take up to 7 days to resolve!

Because of this F### up with the ATM I am going to fall behind now in my credit union loan repayments :mad:.
    And I will have interest put on my loan now aswell plus I will be living on apples and banannas now for the week.

This ever happen to you?
    Now that the airspace is closed youd be so lucky!

Do the garage not have it on camera??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Happened to me once. It was already corrected before I had a chance to call them about it the next day. I assumed they received notification of the fault automatically.

It really pissed me off though as I needed petrol at the time and had to go out of my way!

That's why I got a debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Happened to me a week ago but the bank noticed it themselves, tried taking out 80, transaction went through on nmy account, then the atm tells me, it can only do 50's. So i quit, go get money from different atm.

Two 80's went on my account, adjusted before i could ring them the monday morning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Get on to the credit union straight away & explain the situation, I'm sure they'll come to an understanding with you.

Pisser though. I've had my card eaten by an ATM on a bank holiday friday before leaving me stuck with no money until the tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Inform your Credit Union of the incident so at least they can note it on your account, they could delay the direct debit from your account or if you pay in person they will be prepared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

ye I will inform the credit union in the morning. i won't be using crappy topaz Atm machines again either..

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

That's all the money you have in your bank account???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

That's all the money you have in your bank account???
    :confused:
    So what? I've got a big fat zero in my bank account at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Crazy rabbit just became the
    most unpopular member of the forum.

I'd love to have zero in my account btw! Luxury!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Dublin City forum? Thread seems a bit out of place, unless the ATM in question happened to be somewhere in Dublin, but even then, the link is tenuous to say the least

• Advertisement

:confused:
    So what? I've got a big fat zero in my bank account at the moment.
    Crazy rabbit just became the
    most unpopular member of the forum.

I'd love to have zero in my account btw! Luxury!

Sorry, I'm just a little surprised that people wouldn't even have a few hundred put by 'for a rainy day'.

Even when I was unemployed, I always kept a minimum of £500 in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Jaysus.Wish I had €500 for a rainy day.Cant imagine many having €500 spare in their a/c these days.That reply seems way out of touch.Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Greener

Yeah this happened to me before too. In an AIB branch- and they said they couldnt help me! Filled in the form and they said they would ahve to wait until the end of the day to see if the ATM was in surplus (to make sure I wasnt telling a fib)

Got a phone call at the end of the day and my money was credited same day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

mondeo wrote: »

This ever happen to you?

If you kick up a fuss at a branch they will give you an overdraft for the week (with no interest) or repay expenses occurred (if you can prove them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Sorry, I'm just a little surprised that people wouldn't even have a few hundred put by 'for a rainy day'.

Even when I was unemployed, I always kept a minimum of £500 in my account.

Most people who put money aside put it into a savings account or something similar so they cannot access it from an ATM.

If you managed to keep 500 pounds in your account all the time you were unemployed then kudos to you Sir. I know very few people who can get by, pay their bills and keep half a grand spare in their account while unemployed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Maybe the bank has insufficent funds !

Birneybau wrote: »
    Jaysus.Wish I had €500 for a rainy day.Cant imagine many having €500 spare in their a/c these days.That reply seems way out of touch.Well done.

I've been employed consistently for over 10 years now, so yes, I'm a little out of touch I guess.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

irishguy wrote: »
    If you kick up a fuss at a branch they will give you an overdraft for the week (with no interest) or repay expenses occurred (if you can prove them)

Not necessarily. If it was the fault of an atm belonging to your bank then yes. If it was an atm from another financial institution then they may not feel obliged to offer you an overdraft.. certainly not free of charge and they definately would not refund your fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CharlesClarke

adamski8 wrote: »
    Now that the airspace is closed youd be so lucky!

Do the garage not have it on camera??

i had 250 euros deducted from my account and got nothing from machine. just noticed. have to contact bank and investigate. will never use these machines again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Off-brand ATMS ( by which I mean not operated by a high street Bank ) are not as trustworthy !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

ssh thats a 7 years old reply there mate ....

Advertisement