Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog groomer

Options
  • 19-04-2010 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Can anybody recommend a good dog groomer in the Sligo area? Our Bichon is due one. The groomer in NCF is booked out for the next two months.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Laducar

Highly recommend clippers out in skreen. Will pm you the number if u need it

• Registered Users Posts: 43,894 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Highly recommend Barbara if NCF if you can in the future..

.. our dog is due in Saturday, but we booked it about 2 months back.

Madness though alright.. they really should hire more than one groomer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Laducar wrote: »
    Highly recommend clippers out in skreen. Will pm you the number if u need it

Can you PM the number when you get a chance?
    Thanks.
    basquille wrote: »
    Highly recommend Barbara if NCF if you can in the future..

.. our dog is due in Saturday, but we booked it about 2 months back.

Madness though alright.. they really should hire more than one groomer!

We've used Barbara before and she is very good. There wasn't such a long queue the last time we booked. Your right though, they should have another groomer working there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

There is a groomer out in Keash if that is closer to ya.

Can't think of her name but being meaning to bring my oaf out to her for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭lippy88

K9 cuts in rathcormack!!very gud!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Iv used clippers in skreen and the woman in NCF (presumably barbara?) and to be honest I much prefered clippers. They were much more personal and spent ages talking to us and making sure charlie was comfortable, and even gave us some brilliant tips for grooming him in the future, absolute doggy people who you can tell are just in it for the love of dogs. If himself got a bit too uncomfortable with something like the hairdryer they wouldn't push it on him, he didn't like the electric clippers so they cut him by scissors even though it would have been quicker and easier with the clippers they put the well being of the dog first and didn't push something on him that he was visibly uncomfortable with. Charlie loved it and gave her loads of licks!

Whereas in NCF I told her he wasn't comfortable with the clippers and she went ahead and used them anyways, she had her ipod stuck in her ears the whole time, and I felt it was just an in out as quick as possible kind of atmosphere, couldn't fault her on the cut though as she done a very good job not that theres much to cutting a cairn anyways but he still looked good! :D I love the doggy dryer in their, himself didn't like it though as he was dieing for a poo, poor thing as soon as he got outside the front door he poo'd! :rolleyes:

I presume you don't show your bichon, as that obviously would be something you'd need to tell them beforehand as they'd need to do a show cut instead of just shaving him down. :D This time of year is mental for getting an appointment, its actually easier getting an appointment with the human hairdresser than the doggy one! You could probably ask if they could ring you if theres any sooner cancelations where they could slot you in, its worth a try.

Advertisement