Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out for some out of towners??

Options
  • 19-04-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Me and a couple of friends are heading to Galway on wednesday for a few days away. I've only been twice before, once for a wedding and once for a hen. Was just wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere nice for a few drinks, and maybe a dance on wednesday-we're in our (very) early 30s-wishing we were in our early 20s!!!

All suggestions appreciated!!!
    hootietootie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

im told the front door pub on wednesday nights is good craic.have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Thanks a mill howyanow-will keep an eye out for it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

there's a 3 piece band that play in the dáil bar from 10pm, and then everyone in the dail heads over to the front door at 12pm for the Dj (dave o'connor i102-104)

i usually do this myself for a bit of craíc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

May I suggest Bowling, cinema and perhaps a game of singstar, cakes and red lemonade?..Then just get locked.

It really depends on your own tastes. What kind of music do you like? You looking for a pub or club? You looking to pull or just get oogled by old guys? (Sorry but it's one or the other)

Thanks Steve, sounding good!!

Wompa, do you think I could get some football special instead of red lemonade??? And I'd say the fellas of Galway would be in dire need of glasses if they were to attempt oogling of us!!! No pulling as far as I know, 2 marrieds and one near enough!!!:D oogling will have to do us!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Beetle Juice

Yeah I agree with the Dáil and Front Door. Bare in mind there won't be too many around on a Wednesday night! Even the students are studying. Dáil and Front Door are both down (or near) Quay street. There's also Buskers pub near there too. Staying down near Quay Street would be the best idea I'd say.

As for dancing...not much on a Wednesday night tbh...

Blue Note, Rosin Dubh or Bierhaus down Dominic Street are all good too.

Thanks Beetle Juice-am sure we'll manage to have a wee dance ourselves if we get enough drinks into us!! Hanging about Thursday night as well, but having dinner in the hotel(followed by a horrible bus journey home) so dunno if we'll be up to much!

Advertisement