Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus salthill to dublin road

Options
  • 19-04-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

I'm not familiar with the bus system but both bike and car are bust. Ayyway, this morning I caught what I thought was a number 0 bus eireann bus in lower salthill to bon secour on the Dublin road. Was great and quick and was looking for the timetable online to catch it again tomorrow morning but can't seem to find the timetable as the site lists only buses 1 - 8. My eyesight isn't great so I might have the number or bus company wrong. Think the buses destination actually said a company name on the front, as in it was a service for Hewlett or something but wasn't paying much attention. Can anyone shed light on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I could be wrong here but if it says 0 on the bus does that not mean its heading into town?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I have no idea, bus I'm pretty sure there is a secret bus coding system that only true Galwegians are privy to.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are buses for HP in the mornings, could have been one of them.
    From Salthill to the square and on to the east.

The HP bus leaves the Square at 8.10 and about 7.50 from somewhere around Taylors Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Some of the Salthill buses continue to Mervue.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202229915-Galway1.pdf

all the times that have an M go to Mervue. This is the number 1 bus. To return from Mervue to Salthill you would take a number 8 bus with an S after the time.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1260982887-Galway8.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

jd007 wrote: »
    I could be wrong here but if it says 0 on the bus does that not mean its heading into town?

Oh that it were so simple!

I've written this to try to explain numbering to tourists - but really there's not a lot of consistency.

http://www.galwaytransport.info/2008/12/what-destination-signs-do-galway-city.html

Xiney is right about the numbering and where to look (ie at the number 1 timetable for buses going from Salthill to Mervue) - although the actual bus doing the journey is more likely to show number 8.

OP, from what you've said, I'd guess it was the HP-factory run. This is listed in the printed timetable, but not the on-line timetable (don't ask!) However here's a copy. Urgh ... I've just realised how low-res that is ... will do a better one for you tonight. That said, my understanding was that the bus from Seacrest/Salthill when over by UCHG, which wouldn't exactly be quick. Which makes me think maybe it wasn't that. Oh ... and my own experience with that bus (on days when I missed the one from the railway staton) is that the timing is all over the place: sometimes it can be quite late. So who knows!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

To confuse people even more they have the route on the side bus, maybe No9: Eyre Square - Parkmore and then have a different route on the front of the bus on the screen! :pac:

Advertisement